Passport - FAQ
What is the process for issue of Passport under Normal scheme ?
For passport under Normal scheme one should apply to the passport office under the jurisdiction of which it falls. Applicant will be allotted
a date and time slot for document verification and further processing . After this there will be police verification . If it is positive
passport will be issued.
What is the process for issue of Passport under Tatkal scheme?
If somebody needs passport urgently , he/she can apply for Passport under Tatkal scheme . For this other than the documents required under
normal scheme , applicant will have to arrange Annexure 'F' ( certificate) from class I officer and Annexure 'I' (Affidavit ) .
Under Tatkal scheme in one week time passport is issued.
What are the documents required to apply for Passport ?
Following are the documents required to apply for the passport :
- Proof of residence
- Proof of Date of Birth
Which are the documents acceptable as Proof of Address ?
Following are the documents acceptable as proof of Address :
- Water Bill
- Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)
- Electricity bill
- Passbook of running bank account
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Election Commission Photo ID card
- Proof of Gas Connection
- Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
- Spouse's passport copy (First and last page including family details), (provided the applicant's present address matches the
address mentioned in the spouses passport)
- Applicant's current and valid ration card
- Parent's passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)
- Aadhaar Card
Which are the documents acceptable as Proof of Date of Birth ?
Following are the documents acceptable as proof of Date of Birth :
- Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Births &
- School leaving certificate / Secondary School leaving certificate/ Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the
applicant or any other recognized educational institution
- Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary stating date/place of birth as per the specimen in Annexure 'A' by illiterate or semi-illiterate
applicants (Less than 5th class).