Important to note:
- Visa application form: to be filled out in English or Croatian language and signed by the applicant, or a parent or legal guardian on behalf of minors.
- Valid Passport – The applicant's passport should have been issued within the last 10 years and must have an expiry date exceeding the expiry date of the requested visa by a minimum of three months. The passport must also have a minimum of two empty pages at the back.
There should be no alteration or handwritten amendment concerning the data page. A clear photocopy of front and last page and stamped pages of the applicant’s current passport and last 2 old passports (if any) must also be submitted.
- One coloured, passport sized photograph having a white background must be attached to the application form.
- Applicants require valid travel health insurance to cover all the possible expenses related to repatriation, for health reasons, urgent medical assistance and/or urgent hospitalization, with the minimum coverage of EUR 30,000. The insurance must remain valid during the entire stay of the visitor in Croatia. The applicant who wishes to apply for a multiple-entry visa must have a travel health-insurance policy that covers the entire period of the first visit to Croatia.
- The applicant must provide a cover letter, in which they must explain the purpose of the trip with the itinerary detailed location(s) they plan to visit and their intended duration of stay in Croatia.
- Applicants must show proof of means of transportation and intention to return to the country of residence. This can be in the form of reservation of return travel ticket for airplane, bus, or boat; registration card and driver's license must be shown if applicant is travelling by car. If the person is travelling to a third country from Croatia, then proof of itinerary (travel ticket, etc.) of that visit is required.
- Applicant must provide proof of the purpose of stay in Croatia in the form of:
1. Letter of Guarantee by Legal Person must be submitted in original (a copy can be submitted if the original is deposited at the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs in Croatia). Along with the Letter of Guarantee, the guarantor shall also enclose a proof of solvency. The Embassy will then hand the applicant a photocopy of the said Letter of Guarantee.
2. The applicant receives a copy of the Letter of Guarantee so that (s)he may present proof of the purpose of stay in Croatia if requested to do so by border control authority.
3.Invitation Letter (copy) if travelling on the invitation by a Croatian state authority
4. Documents proving sufficient funds to support the applicant’s stay in Croatia must be submitted. Also, documents showing cause to return to the state of residence or to travel to a third state must be submitted.
- In exceptional cases, if the guarantor indicates in Letter of Guarantee/Invitation Letter that he/she is fully accepting all the expenses related to the applicant’s visiting and departing from Croatia, the applicant can be exempt from providing proof of sufficient funds to travel to Croatia.
- The supporting documents may include:
1. Three months bank statement (saving and current a/c, as applicable), and
2. Three years Income Tax returns (personal and company, as applicable), and
3. Copy of international credit card with three months credit card statement and
4. Endorsement on passport / receipt of purchase of foreign exchange
- Proof of current social and professional status:
1. Service – Letter issued by the employer on company’s official letterhead establishing position of the employee in the company, years in service, grant of leave and salary certificate of the last three (3) months
2. Business/self-employed – Visa request letter on official letter head with company registration papers
3. Student – Letter from school / university for grant of leave and copy of the valid ID
- Applicants must submit proof of accommodation which can be hotel booking, private or other accommodation, real estate title deed or lease, proof of ownership or lease of a boat etc. If it is indicated in the Letter of Guarantee or the Letter of Invitation, accommodation can be provided by the guarantor or the inviting party.
- In the event that the applicant is a minor or person deprived of legal capacity, the parent/legal representative shall submit their visa application. The application must include:
1. birth certificate of the minor (if parents are legal guardians)
2. decision of the competent body designating the legal guardian
3. If a minor is traveling without a parent/legal guardian, (s)he must carry a notarized consent of a legal guardian that shall contain personal information of the parent/legal guardian. The consent letter must also state the purpose, period and length of intended stay in Croatia, the period for which the consent is issued, and the signature of the parent/legal guardian.
- Applicant must show proof of sufficient Funds in the form of Three months bank statements (savings and current a/c, as applicable) in Original – duly signed and stamped by authorized official of the respective bank.
1.The documents attached shall not be older than six months.
2.The Embassy of Croatia may require you to submit additional supporting documents and/or certified translation as well as the international certification (appostille) of the documents during the visa application process.
3.Applicants must note that in certain cases, they may be required to go for a personal interview at the Embassy of the Republic of Croatia prior to a decision being made on their application.
4.Submitting a visa application, including all the required documents, does not automatically mean that the visa will be issued.
5.An issued visa is not a guarantee that the applicant will be permitted to enter the Republic of Croatia. At every border into the country, to be granted entry, the applicant must show all relevant documents, including copies of the Letters of Guarantee for both private and business visits, when asked by the police.
6.If the Embassy decides to refuse the visitor’s visa application, a visa refusal/annulment/revocation form indicating reasons for such a decision, shall be delivered to the applicant.
Applicants must duly note that the applications for Croatian visa for tourist or business purposes are processed as per the actual plan of travel and stay as indicated in the application. If there is any change in travel plan, cancellation or change of accommodations etc. after submission of the visa application, it will lead to a delay in processing of the application. If the applicant wishes to make similar changes after issuance of visa (if approved), the Republic of
Croatia may decide to revoke the applicant’s visa. If revoked, the applicant must apply for another visa following the entire procedure again.
How To Apply for Croatia Visa
Step 1: Visit https://www.vfsglobal.com/Croatia/India/index.html to access the visa application form to Croatia. Under the tab ‘download forms’, select the form required and once redirected to another page, you can download a PDF version of the form.
Step 2: Fill out the visa application form accurately with the following details:
- Surname at present
- Surname at birth
- First Name of the applicant
- The applicant’s Date of Birth, Place of Birth and Country of Birth
- Current Nationality (mention the applicant’s nationality at birth, if different)
- Marital status
- In case of Minor: If the application is being lodged by a legal guardian: surname(s), name(s), address (if different from applicant’s) and nationality of the legal guardian
- Type of Passport or Travel Document held by the applicant (official Passport, Ordinary Passport, Diplomatic Passport or Service passport)
- Number on travel document (passport number)
- Validity of travel document
- Date of Issue of travel document
- Applicant’s permanent home address
- Applicant’s email address and telephone number (in home country)
- State whether the applicant is currently residing in another country other than their nationality (if yes, state the residence permit number)
- Current occupation of the applicant
- Applicant’s employer’s name, address and telephone number. In the event that the applicant is a student, state the name and address of educational establishment they are enrolled in.
- Select the main purpose of the journey (this can be tourism, business, visiting friends and family, cultural, sports or other reasons)
- Country of final destination
- Border of first entry
- Number of entries required by the applicant (they may request single entry, double entry or multiple entry)
- The number of days of intended stay or transit in Croatia
- State whether the applicant has held a visa to any country in the last three years. If yes, state the country and the dates of issue and expiry or the visa.
- State whether the applicant’s fingerprints have been collected previously for the purpose of visa application.
- State whether you have an entry permit for the final country of destination, if applicable. Date of issue and validity must be mentioned.
- Applicant’s expected date of arrival in the Republic of Croatia
- Applicant’s expected date of departure from the Republic of Croatia
- First name and surname of the inviting person(s) in the Republic of Croatia with whom you will reside. If not applicable, state the name of the hotel or temporary accommodation where you will reside in the Republic of Croatia.
- Address and e-mail address from the inviting person(s) / hotel(s) /temporary accommodation(s)
- Telephone and telefax number of host
- Name, address, telephone and telefax numbers of inviting company/organisation in Croatia
- First name, surname, residential address, telephone and telefax numbers, and e-mail address of a contact person in the inviting company/organisation in Croatia.
- State who is covering the cost of travelling and living during the stay
- State the means of support you will be using in Croatia (such as cash, cards, travellers cheques, prepaid accommodation, prepaid transport etc)
If the applicant has a family member who is an EU, EEA or CH citizen, then enter their personal data such as:
- First name
- Date of birth
- Number of travel document or ID card
- State the applicant’s relationship with the EU, EEA or CH citizen (spouse, child, grandchild, dependent)
Then fix a coloured passport sized photograph to the application form and sign it. You must then book an appointment with the VFS Office closest to your residence. On the day of the appointment, arrive at the centre with the signed application form, supporting documents, and visa fees.
The VFS officer will then process your application and give you a receipt with the application reference number on it. Please ensure that you hold on to this number for checking the status of your visa application
Croatia Visa Status
To track your Croatia visa application, visit the URL https://www.vfsglobal.com/Croatia/India/track_application.html . Once you click on the link, you will be redirected to a tracking page. Here you have to enter the application reference number (found on the receipt), your last name and the verification code shown on the screen. The screen will then display your Croatia visa application status.
After your Croatia Visa application is approved, you may collect your passport from the respective embassy or office. You must collect your passport yourself. During collection of your passport, please remember to bring the receipt issued to you on the day of your appointment.
Applicants must note that the Embassy will not hand over the documents or passport of the applicant to third parties, except in the event that the following people go to collect it:
- Applicant’s immediate Family Members such as Children, Spouse or parents
- An person authorised by a Government Letter Head to collect the passport on behalf of Government officials.
- Red Carpet Representatives of the applicant, if authorized on the Company’s letter head
In the event that any of the people mentioned above go to collect the applicant’s passport, they must carry any one of the following documents:
- Original Government ID card
- Original Identity Proof
- Original authorization letter from applicant