All citizens of India and Afghanistan are required to apply for a visa before entering Finland and/or other countries under the Schengen agreement. Before applying, please ensure you understand your particular ‘purpose of visit’. Schengen visas must be applied for at the respective Embassy/Consulate of the country of your main destination. Your main destination will be the Schengen country where your duration of stay exceeds all others. Due to this, when traveling to more than one Schengen country, you should submit your application to the Embassy/Consulate representing the country of your main destination. In case of equal stay, you have to submit your application to the mission of the Schengen country representing your first port of entry.
The Visa Application Centre accepts applications for short stay Schengen visas only (not exceeding 90 days during 180 days period). Applicants (including children of all ages) need to visit the Visa Application Centre in person. All applicants applying for a Schengen visa must submit biometric data - ten fingerprints and a photo. The biometric data will be stored in the Visa Information System (VIS), which is an IT system that allows data exchange between the Schengen States.
Who can submit visa application in Visa Application Centre
The Visa Application Centres in New Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata or Mumbai accepts Schengen visa applications from
- Legal residents of India (India citizens, Indian registration certificate /residential permit /stay visa holders)
- Legal residents of Afghanistan (Afghan citizens, Afghan long stay visa holders) who have entered India legally) Applying for a visa in the neighboring countries
- Finland is represented by Sweden in visa affairs in Bangladesh. The visa applicants living in Bangladesh are requested to submit their applications at the embassy of sweden in Dhaka
- Norway represents Finland in Sri Lanka. The applicants are requested to submit their applications at the royal Norwegian embassy in Colombo
- Finland is represented by Netherlands in Pakistan, where the applicants may submit their applications at the Dutch embassy in islamabad. The appendices (e.g. invitation letter) shall be presented in English or in the language of the representing country