Iceland Visa Requirements
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for a minimum three months after the intended departure from Iceland. It must have at least two blank pages at the end for the new visa information to be printed. The passport must not be expired, and must be less than 10 years old. The passport should not have any discrepancies or marks on the front data page.
- The applicant must submit a fully completed Iceland visa application form. Applicants must note that any incomplete information or false statement in the Iceland visa application could result in delay in processing or rejection of the application. This Iceland visa application form can be downloaded in English or Hindi, but it has to be filled out in the English language only.
- Applicants require one recent original passport-size colour photograph with a white background. The photograph should be fairly recent, that is, not more than six months old.
- The applicant must submit a covering letter to the centre, with details such as the applicant introducing himself/herself, explaining the purpose of visit, duration & itinerary of the visit in brief.
5.Travel Medical Insurance
- You must have valid medical insurance during your stay in Iceland. This must cover all possible expenses for health reasons, death, indispensable medical treatment or acute hospitalisation during your stay, which may cause you to return to India. The minimum policy coverage should be 30,000 Euro and this insurance policy must cover all Schengen countries. The insurance policy must be valid for the entire duration of the applicant’s intended stay in Iceland. The applicant may shorten the validity of the Iceland Visa if their insurance policy does not cover the entire duration of the stay in Iceland.
6.Proof of Means of Transport
– Applicants need their flight reservation of return or round ticket. In the event that the applicant wishes to travel to multiple Schengen States, they will have to show proof of flight reservation between the different countries, train itinerary or car rental receipt. Applicants must note that only the booking receipt needs to be submitted, and these tickets do not have to be paid for.
7.Proof of Lodging
– The applicant’s hotel reservations, receipt of renting a holiday home or campus residence reservation are required as proof. Proof of sponsorship and private accommodation from the host is required, if the applicant intends to stay with a family member or a friend in Iceland. In the event that the applicant intends to travel to several Schengen States, they must show proof of lodging in each of them.
8.Proof of Financial means
- The applicant’s original bank statement showing their transactions in the last three months, duly stamped and signed by the bank authority, or Indian income tax return statement acknowledging returns for the last two assessment years are required for the Iceland visa application form. In the event that the applicant’s trip to Iceland is sponsored, a signed sponsorship letter and a signed copy of the sponsor’s passport should accompany the bank statement.
In addition if the applicant is employed:
- Current employment contract
- Copy of current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from current employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax of the last three months, which has been deducted at the source of salary of the applicant
If the applicant is self-employed or an owner of a company:
- A copy of their business license
- Copy of the company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR) of the company
If the applicant is retired:
- Pension statement for the previous 6 months
- Proof that regular income has been received from property or rent within the last 6 months (if any).
- Except in cases of the parent having sole custody or guardianship of the minor, if the minor is travelling with only one parent, written consent of the other parent or guardian certified by a public notary is required.
- In the event that the minor is travelling to Iceland alone, without a legal guardian, written consent from both the parents or guardians having full custody of the minor, certified by a public notary is required. Additionally, copies of the passport of the parents are required. If the parents do not hold passports, then the birth certificate of the applicant and copies of Identity proof of the parents must be submitted.
- Either both parents or legal guardians must accompany all minors to the Visa Office, to sign the application form in front of a VFS officer. In cases where the child is traveling with one parent to visit the other parent who is residing in Iceland, this clause is dropped.
10.Passport Copy- All Iceland visa applications must enclose a full colour photocopy of the valid passport of the applicant. All the pages of the previously held passport must be photocopied and attached to the document. In the event that the applicant holds any valid visas for Schengen States, USA, UK, Canada or Australia that was issued in last three years in an old or cancelled passport, then a colour photocopy of the visa pages and passport data pages must be submitted.
If applying for a Tourist Schengen Short Stay Iceland Visa:
1.If the applicant is being sponsored, an invitation letter with the address and phone number from the family or company that is sponsoring is required.
2.Bank statement of the last 6 months
3.Passport copies of the applicant
4.A certificate from the travel agency confirming the booking of an organised trip of the applicant (if any)
5.Any other appropriate document indicating the travel plans of the applicant, including period and reason of visit.
6.If applicant is married and cannot provide evidence of marital status in the passport, a marriage certificate must be submitted. If required, the applicant may also submit a copy of their ration card.