Though an unregistered marriage is not illegitimate in our country, it is nevertheless considered essential for the following reasons:
- Last Name: Marriage registration acts as proof of a change of a party’s last name.
- Women Security: Marriage registration bars men from leaving their wives post marriage. They are bound to take care of their wives else they may be entitled to pay alimony or undergo the stern legal procedure.
- Prevents Bigamy: Marriage registration prevents the husbands from indulging in bigamy or polygamy in places or religions where it is considered illegal.
- The legitimacy of Child: It may come in handy in case there are issues related to the legitimacy of your child.
- Divorce: A marriage certificate is required by the attorney in cases related to alimony, custody of children and other divorce proceedings.
- Property Matters: It helps the widow/ widower in inheriting the property of his/ her deceased spouse.
- Settling Abroad: In case, a person gets a job abroad and wants to take his/ her spouse along then a marriage certificate is required to prove their relationship. This law is very stringent and there is no way you can get through without marriage registration.
- Socially Acceptable: Registering your marriage can aid in preventing child marriages as the certificate requires to the state of the age of the candidates along with the proof.
Marriage registration is quite an easy procedure in India. For marriage registration in India, you may apply for the same at the office of the Sub Divisional Magistrate in the jurisdiction of whom the marital couple resides OR you could stop worrying and start living by simply taking the services of Itzeazy.com
For more information please visit www.itzeazy.in or www.itzeazy.com