Want to get marriage certificate online in Bangalore ? Govt. process for marriage registration in Bangalore is not online however Process of Itzeazy for marriage registration in Bangalore is online.
The Hindu Marriage registration in Bangalore is done under the Karnataka marriages (Registration and miscellaneous provisions ) Act, 1976 .
Marriage registration of couples from other religion is done under Special Marriage (Karnataka) 1rules, 1961
A marriage certificate is a valid legal document that establishes the marital status of a couple. It is an essential document, particularly for married women.
In India, marriage registration can be done either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954, or under the Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act, 1936.
Hindu Marriage Act is applicable to the Hindus,Buddhist, Sikh and Jain . A marriage which is already solemnized can be registered under Hindu Marriage Act.
The Special Marriage Act is applicable to all citizens of the country, irrespective of religion, caste, and language. A marriage can be solemnized under special marriage act. Also the marriage registration of Muslim marriage or Christian marriage which is already solemnized can be registered under special marriage act.The Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act, 1936 is applicable to Parsies and Zoroastrians.
Eligibility for Marriage Registration in Bangalore
- Bridegroom must have completed 21 years of age.
- Bride must have completed 18 years of age.
Besides this, intended relationship should not be under the degrees of prohibited relationship. Applicants below the given age are denied marriage registration in Karnataka.
Even eligible couples, require showing certain documents as proof by visiting nearest sub registrar office to submit the application in the prescribed format on appointed date.
Documents required for Marriage Certificate in Bangalore:
- Completely filled Application Form, duly signed by both bridegroom and bride.
- Original Wedding Card – Those who forget bringing it and need its alternative document on urgent basis can submit a ₹.100/- Stamp Paper Affidavit of husband and wife instead of wedding card.
- Documentary evidence of Eligibility/Date of Birth (DoB) of both parties which includes 10th Standard mark sheet with birth date on it, Aadhaar Card, Recent Passport, Birth Certificate, PAN card and Voter ID Card.
- Address Proof of husband or wife whose area SDM has been approached for the marriage certificate. Documents such as Passport, Driving License, House Rent Agreement, Telephone Bill, Ration Card, Voter ID Card, Electricity bill or any other government issued ID card is acceptable as residential proof. Address proof is required separately by both the parties.
- Photographs – Both groom and bride must submit 2 passport size photographs each. Take 2B size photographs in blue or white background. It is advisable to have extra photographs copies to avoid any last minute hurdle. 6 Copies of joint photographs of bride and groom in the marriage dress (2B size) and are clearly seen taking part in the marriage ceremony (preferably with their families) must be submitted too.
- If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.
- Witness – At least 3 witnesses’ who attended the couple’s wedding must be present along with their photographs and ID proofs that include Passport or Ration Card, or Aadhaar card, at the time of issuing of marriage certificate.
- Attested copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
- Affidavit in case of name change of bride after the marriage.
- The newspaper in which the information of the bride’s name change was published.
- All documents must be self-attested
- At least one of the applicants must have government issued residence proof.
- Carry the original documents for the officer to verify.
Marriage Certificate Online in Bangalore Procedure
- Online procedure to apply for marriage certificate in Bangalore has been simplified by the authorities.
- Now just visit the official website of Karnataka Government and fill the application form to get registration done online.
- Select the name of your district and continue.
- Fill in the bridegroom’s details and select “Registration of Marriage Certificate”.
- Fill in Marriage Certificate form and select date of appointment
- Submit the form by clicking on “Submit Application”.
- A temporary number will be allotted to you that will be found printed on the acknowledgment slip and this will complete the application procedure.
- Take a print out of acknowledgment slip and save it for further use.
- With e-facility it takes 6-7 days minimum and 15 days maximum to get the marriage certificate.
Offline procedure to apply for Marriage Certificate in Bangalore :
- You can apply at the sub – registrar’s office on any working day in whose jurisdiction will be the residence of either of the bride and groom and not the place of marriage.
- Visit the sub-registrar office to get the prescribed application form for marriage certificate.
- Fill the Application form duly signed by both husband and wife and signed by three witnesses of the marriage. Witnesses can be friends and relatives.
- Submit the filled-in form along with the necessary documents at the office of the sub-registrar. The information will be verified officially and 6 printouts of the information provided in the application will be handed over to the applicants.
- The bridegroom and the bride must put their signature on the printouts of the forms in the specified area.
- Two copies of the certificate of marriage will be handed over to the bride and bridegroom at the office of the sub-registrar and the other copies will be kept for official records
Witness for Marriage Certificate:
- Any person who has attended the wedding of the couple can be a witness for the marriage registration.
- The witnesses are preferred to be the closest blood relation each from bride and bridegroom’s side. Ideally the presence of one of the parents along with their identification and address proof is insisted for being the witness to the registration.
Fees for Marriage Certificate in Bengaluru (Karnataka):
- No fee is required for registration of marriage under Hindu Marriage Act. The application fee is ₹.5 and the fee for certified copy is ₹.10.
- Fee for solemnization of marriage under the Special Marriage Act is ₹.10. An amount of ₹.15 is charged extra for solemnizing in place other than sub registrar’s office. The fee for notice of intended marriage is ₹.3. The fee to obtain the certified copy of Marriage Certificate is ₹.2
- Under Parsi Marriage Act, the fee for certified copy of a certificate of marriage is ₹.2.
Marriage Registrar Offices in Bangalore
For marriage registration in Bangalore , following are the marriage registrar offices which issues marriage certificate .
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Gandhinagar
No.19/B, Hindustan Complex Opposite, Maharaja Shopping Complex, II floor, Next to Abhinaya theatre, BVK Iyengar Road,Bangalore Pincode-560009
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Malleshwaram
No.11 & 12, 1st and2nd Main Road,
Palace Guttahalli Bangalore-560003
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Ganganagar
No. 70. 1st Floor, 5thMain, Ganganagar
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Hebbal
Sri Dhanpal Reddy, No.69,Cholanayakanahalli,
Near Vidyanajali Public School,RT Nagar Post
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, 798
Ramanjaneya complex, Philomena’s Hospital road,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Byatarayanapura
No.2255, Karuna Complex, Sahakara Nagara,
Rajarajeshwari Road, Near Sterling park,
Kodigehalli Main Road, Bangalore -92
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Yelahanka
Sree Rudhreswara Chambers, No.15, 1st main,
Yalahanka New Town,Bangalore-560064
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Jala
Sericulture cum Farmers Service Co-operative Bank Ltd. Building,
Chikkajala, Near Nada Kacheri, Opp. Chikkajala Police Station,NH-7,
Bellary Road, Bangalore North Taluk,Bangalore-562157
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Hesarghatta,
H.C.Puttaswamy Layout, Near New Bus Stand,
Near Bus stop, Near Nada Kacheri Ofce, Adjacent to KEB Ofce,
Hesaraghatta, Bangalore North Taluk,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Jayanagar
No. 26, 12th Main Rd,4th Block, Near Jayanagar Complex,
Jayanagar, Bangalore -560011
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Shantinagar
29/1, 29/2, 2nd Floor 7th Cross,
Wilson Garden, Bangalore-27
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, B.T.M.
Layout,No. 167-168, Tavarekere Main Road,
B.T.M Layout, I Stage, Bangalore-76
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Kengeri,
SLN complex, Mysore Road, Near BTS Bus Stand,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Rajarajeshwari Nagar,
No.25,DM Chembers, Jawaharla nehru Road,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, J P Nagar
No.8 Amrutha Nagara Main, Ameet arcade,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Bommanahalli
2nd floor, 7th Cross,3rd block
Koramangala BDA Complex,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Begur
H.No.1105-9C, Ist Floor(above Canara Bank)
Near bus stand, Begur Village,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Basavanagudi
Old No. 45, NewNo. 52, 2nd main. N.R Colony,
Near APS college,Basavangudi,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Chamarajpet
Sri Rameshwara Temple commercial Complex,
3rd Main road, Chamarajpet,
Near Kannada Sahithya Parishat
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Banashankari
Bangalore South Taluk
Agriculture produce Co-op Marketing Society Pvt.Ltd. Building,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Anekal
Mini Vidhana Soudha, taluk ofce premises,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Attibele
No.430, 2nd Floor, Anna Building, Hennagara gate,
Bommasandra IndustrialArea, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore – 560099.
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Sarjapura
No.964/1015, Vidyanagar,60th Cross,
Sarjapura, Anekal, Bangalore – 562125
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Jigani
No.459/39/2, Bannerghatta Village, Opp. Police Station,
Bannerghatta, Bangalore – 560083.
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Rajajinagar
No.27-C,3rd Main,Industrial Town,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Yeshwanthpur
No.51/C, Ist Floor, Lorry Stand Godown, Op A.P.M.C Yard
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Peenya
No.488 IInd Floor, ‘P’ Block
Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board Building,
IV Phase, Peenya II Stage, Bangalore -560058
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Srirampura
No.46, Next to Anjantheatre, Magadi Road,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Laggere
No.13, Andanappa Building, Laggere Main Road,
Parvathi Nagar Bus Stand,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Nagarabavi
No.40, 2nd stage, I Block, Near BDA Complex,
Nagarabhavi Ring Road,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Madanayakanahalli
No.1, Ist Floor, Opposite Mahavir Nursing home,
Lakshmipura Road, Madanayakanahalli,
Dasanapura Hobli, Bangalore -562123
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Dasanapura
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Vijayanagar
2nd Main Road, ServiceRoad, Near BSVP School,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Shivajinagar
No.26, 1st & II floor,Leonard lane,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, K.R.Puram
K.R.Puram, Bangalore -560036
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Varthur
I floor, B.M. Complex, Opp Dharmarayaswamy Temple,
Mustandra Road, Varthur,
Bangalore – 560087
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Bidarahalli,
3/1, Virgo Nagar, Old madras Road,
Bangalore East Taluk, NH -4 Avalahalli
Bangalore – 560049.
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Banaswadi
No.740/2, Ist Floor, Kalyananagar,
I Block, 9th B Main, HRBR Layout,
Bangalore – 560043.
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Mahadevapura
No.304, Outer Circle Road,
White Field, Bangalore – 560066.
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Halsoor
BMP Building,Opp.MEG Gate, Tank Bund Road,
Halsoor Lake, Halsoor
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Indiranagar
Domlur, BDA Complex,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Nelamangala
mini-Vidhana Soudha Building,
B.H. Road, Nelamangala
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Devanahalli
MAM Complex, BB Road, Opp. Mini Vidhana Soudha,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Doddaballapura
Mini-Vidhna Soudha Taluk Ofce Premises,
Sub-Registrar Office Bangalore, Hoskote
Mini-Vidhana Soudha, K.R.Road,
“The goal in marriage is not to think alike but to think together”. – Robert C. Dodds
To book service for marriage certificate online in Bangalore click https://itzeazy.in/bangalore/marriage-registration/marriage-registration-certificate-under-hindu-marriage-act-in-bangalore
For more information about marriage certificate online in Bangalore please refer https://www.itzeazy.com/marriage-certificate-registration-bangalore.html