Birth certificate in Delhi is issued by Municipal corporation of Delhi through different birth certificate offices . With Itzeazy one can get NDMC birth certificate and MCD birth certificate online in Delhi. Birth certificate service of Itzeazy is door step service. In Delhi birth certificate is issued by four municipal corporations. They are :
- New Delhi Municipal corporation
- North Delhi Municipal corporation
- South Delhi Municipal corporation
- East Delhi Municipal corporation
A birth certificate is a vital record that documents the birth of a child. The term “birth certificate” can refer to either the original document certifying the circumstances of the birth or to a certified copy of or representation of the ensuing registration of that birth. A Birth Certificate is the most important proof of your Date of Birth. Usually the details like your Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Citizenship, Address etc. are mentioned on the Date of Birth Certificate.
A Birth Certificate is very useful as a DOB Proof while applying for important documents like:
- Passport (Since July 2014, while applying for a Passport if you are born on or after 26.01.1989, it is mandatory for your to submit a Birth Certificate
- Pan Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Account
- Ration Card etc.
By law since 1969, Registration of Births is compulsory as per provisions of Registration of Births & Deaths Act, Birth Certificates are issued by the Government of India or the municipality concerned. Specific rules vary by state, region and municipality.
In Delhi, for example, births must be registered within 21 days by the hospital or institution or by a family member if the birth has taken place at home. After registration, a birth certificate can be obtained by applying to the relevant authority. Certificates can also be issued under special provisions to adopted children, and undocumented orphans. Overseas births can also be registered.
Birth Certificate Registration
Every birth has to be reported within 21 days of its occurrence whether (a) the birth has taken place in the house, OR (b) the birth has taken place out of the house. The persons required to register Birth are-
- When the birth has taken place inside the house, a written letter has to be submitted by head of the house or the nearest relative of head of the house or the oldest member of the house.
- When birth has taken place out of the house:
(a) Births in a Hospital/Health Centre/Maternity Home etc.: A letter from the Medical Officer Incharge or any other authorized person.
(b) For all births inside a jail: A letter by the Jail In-charge.
(c) For all births in a moving Vehicle: A letter from the person In-charge of the Vehicle.
(d) For all births of children found deserted in a public place: Head of the Village or the In-charge of the Local Police Station.
Procedure to apply for a Birth Certificate in Delhi:
There are some local bodies in the state of Delhi which issue the Birth Certificate in Delhi. These bodies are MCD, NMDC & Delhi Cantonment Board. A Birth Certificate is issued by the respective body within 7 days of the receipt of the duly filled Application from the applicant. The Birth Certificates are issued from the concerned registration centers/Zonal Offices of the local bodies.
To register the Birth of a child, you need to visit to the office of Sub Divisional Magistrate in the respective jurisdiction where the Birth took place, on any working day during 9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Documents required to apply for Birth Certificate in Delhi:
Following are the documents required for birth certificate in Delhi :
- Application by the Applicant or nearest family member on a plain paper.
- Proof of Birth of the person in respect of whom Birth Certificate is required (PAN Card can also be submitted).
- An original affidavit stating the Name, Date, Place and Time of birth of the person. (pic below)
- Copy of Ration Card (if available).
- School Leaving Certificate of the applicant (showing date of birth).
- All documents are to be attested by a Gazetted Officer.
Documents to produce for late registration of Birth:
Following are the documents required for birth certificate in Delhi in case of late registration:
(1) You can also register a birth after 21 days but before 30 days of occurrence on payment of late fee.
(2) You can also register a birth after 30 days but before 1 year of occurrence after obtaining written permission from the Registrar and on payment of late fee.
(3) You can also register a birth after 1 year of occurrence after obtaining an order from the Area Magistrate (i.e. SDM of the first class or a Presidency Magistrate) and on payment of late fee.
Fees for Birth Registration:
(1) Registration of Birth within a period of 21 days of occurrence – No fees
(2) Registration of Birth after 21 days but before 30 days of occurrence – ₹. 5/-
(3) Registration of Birth after 30 days but before 1 year of occurrence – ₹. 10/-
(4) Registration of Birth after 1 year of occurrence – ₹. 20/-
(5) Service charge of ₹. 5/-
An applicant gets a Single Copy of the Birth Certificate free of cost. Additional copies of Birth Certificate can be obtained by paying a nominal fee of ₹. 5/copy.
Birth Certificate office in Delhi
There are different centres of each local body in Delhi for such registration. The details as per jurisdiction of the local body are as below:
MCD (188 Centres – Urban: 137 and Rural: 51)
Deputy Health Officer of each Municipal Zone is designated as Registrar of Births & Deaths. The vaccinator of the vaccination centre or paramedical staffs of Health Centres/Sub Centres has been designated as Sub-Registrars and also at Citizen Service Bureau.
- Registration of Births occurring at home in an urban area is being done at the vaccination centre located in the area.
- Registration of Birth occurring at home in a rural area is being done by vaccinators or paramedical staff. Registration Centres are located in Primary Health Centres, Dispensaries and Mother & Child Welfare Sub Centres in rural areas.
2. Other Cases
Registration of Birth occurring in a hospital, nursing home and for other cases is being done at the offices of the MCD in the zones where these institutions are located.
There are a total of 9 Centres in NMDC and 1 Centre in Delhi Cantt.
NMDC Centres are as follows:
(1) Sub Inoculation Center, Mandir Marg, Ph: 23362284
(2) B & D Reg. Centre, Aurangzeb Lane
(3) Polyclinic, NDMC S.B. Marg
(4) Babar Road Maternity Center
(5) Palika Maternity Hospital
(6) 42 – South Market (Kidwai Nagar)
(7) MCW – Sarojini Nagar
(8) Charak Palika Hospital, Moti Bagh
(9) A-5 Pandara Road
Registration of Birth for Delhi Cantt. is being done at the Registration Centre located in the Cantt. General Hospital.
Contact Details of MCD Birth Certificate Offices in Delhi
Delhi Cantonment Board
Chief Executive Officer, CMO & Registrar
Contact No.: 25695450, 25693772
NCDM (North Delhi Municipal Corporation)
Chief Registrar & Incharge: Dr. A. K. Bansal & Dr. Javen Duggal; Dr. P. K. Sharma & Dr. Ramesh
Address: North DMC, 12th Floor, S.P.M. Civic Centre Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, New Delhi- 110002 & New Delhi Municipal Council Palika Kendra,
Contact No: 2322 6221, 23226835, 23745323
SDMC (South Delhi Municipal Corporation)
Chief Registrar & Incharge: Dr. N.K. Yadav, Dr. R.C. Patnaik
Address: South DMC, 18th Floor, S.P.M. Civic Centre, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, New Delhi- 110002.
Contact No: 23226809, 23226836
EDMC (East Delhi Municipal Corporation)
Chief Registrar & Incharge: Dr. K.K. Chaudhary, Dr. B.G. Venkatesh
Address: East DMC, A-2 Block, 1st Floor, Plot No.- 419, Udyog Sandan, Patpar Ganj Industrial Area, Delhi-110092.
Contact No: 22165872, 23745323
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Processing and Verification:
As soon as the Application of the applicant is received, a draft order is made and is sent to the respective police station for verification purpose. (Note: If you are providing a School Leaving Certificate then no verification will take place).
If a positive verification report is received from the concerned police station, an order is issued to the Local body for the registration of Birth. It usually takes about 21 days for getting a response from your Local Body.
What shall be done if Birth is not recorded?
If the Birth and Death is not recorded within one year of Birth and Death, you can contact the place of Birth and Death for registration of the event. Registrar Office can also be contacted.
Process to make changes in Birth Registration:
1. INSTITUTIONAL BIRTH
A correction letter is required from Medical Record Officer of concerned hospital/institution, where birth occurred along with supporting documents for events, of less than 10yr old.
2. NON-INSTITUTIONAL BIRTH
For Birth event > 10 years old
i) Affidavit stamp paper on Rs.10/- duly attested by SDM/Notary public having subject correction of birth/death events.
ii) Supporting document like Passport, Ration Card, Voter Identity Card, 10thclass certificate, cremation receipt etc.
Addition of the name of the child in Birth record:
- Within 1 year of the birth the name can be added at any Citizen Service Bureau or through the internet. An application form has to be submitted.
- After 1 year but within 15 years, the same can be added at any Citizen Service Bureau, on payment of late fee and submission of an application form.
Time Required for Response:
Normally you should be getting a response within 21 days.
Apply for Birth Certificate Online in Delhi:
Following is the process for birth certificate online in Delhi
Step 1: Visit the official website
Go to the official website of Delhi Government to apply online for Birth Certificate. Visit http://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/ to get all the required information about applying for birth certificates online.
Step 2: Register Yourself
After login into the website click on “Apply For Certificates Online” in your right hand after redirect of the page, click on register button.
Step 3: Citizen Login
Fill in your name, house number, post office and locality. Also choose your gender in the page. Fill in the district from which you belong and also choose the birth certificate option from the many options that will be available to you. You will get sms of your password and user id on your registered number mobile.
After that login with that user id and password and now apply online for birth certificate.
Step 4: Print the Application Form
Print your application form and along with that you will be provided with the acknowledgement slip which will provide you with the information where you will get your certificate after the registration is complete. On the acknowledgment slip that you will be provided with, there will be a temporary number in it. Preserve the number for later use.
Step 5: Post the Application Form to the concerned Officer
Fill in the application form with all the correct details and send it with all the essential documents by ordinary post to the concerned officer. The sub division and district will also have to be selected in the form. The sub division can be found by clicking on on Find SubDivision button present in the main website.
Step 6: Unique 10-digit Application Number
After submission of the form, you will be provided with a unique 10 digit number which will help you to keep a track of the application form. The status can be found online in the Find Status button present in the main website.
Step 7: Collect the Certificate personally
Once the certificate has reached the concerned district from where you belong, you have to go to the office yourself to collect your birth certificate. By keeping a track of the status, you can check if your document is ready.
Documents required for Online Birth Registration:
Following are the documents required for online birth certificate in Delhi
- Completed application form. One can download the form from official website or can collect the form from nearby registrar office.
- Affidavit in prescribed Proforma specifying place, date and time of birth signed by authorized officer. (same as above)
- Supporting document for the present residential proof like Voter ID, Electricity bill/water bill/house tax on parent’s name/Ration Card for address proof.
- Copy of Ration Card/Aadhaar card/Voter ID card/Passport of parents.
- Copies of Parent’s identity and residential documents of parents attested by a Gazetted officer.
- Aadhaar card Enrolment No. and any one of the identity proof PAN / Passport / Driving Licence / Voters Card / Identity Card. The name of the applicant on the Aadhaar card should match with the Name of the Applicant.
- A letter written by Medical Officer In-charge, any officer authorized person of Hospital/Health Centre, Maternity Home where the birth has occurred.
- Photograph of the applicant that must match with applicant’s photo on the Aadhaar card.
Where to submit Birth Application Form in Delhi
Application for birth certificate in Delhi is to be submitted in the following centers :
- International Inoculation Centre (HQ) Birth and Death Centre, Mandir Marg.
- Palika Suvidha Kendra, 48 Babar Road, New Delhi (N.R.C Hospital).
- Palika Suvidha Kendra Palika Bhavan, R.K Puram, Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi.
- SBS Place Gole Market L.H.M.C Hospital & R.M.L Hospital, New Delhi.
- Charak Palika Hospital, MotiBagh, New Delhi.
- Maternity Hospital, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
- 42, South Market, Kidwai Nagar, A.I.I.M.S, New Delhi.
- Sarojini Nagar Centre, Safdarjang Hospital, Shanti Aavedna Hospital & Trauma Centre A.I.I.M.S, New Delhi.
Birth Certificate Fees Structure:
Following is the fees structure for birth certificate in Delhi
- Within 21 days of the occurrence of Birth – No Fee
- After 21 days to 30 days of the occurrence of Birth – ₹. 7/- as late fee
- After 30 days to within 1 year of the occurrence of Birth – ₹. 10/- as late fee
- Beyond One year of the occurrence of Birth – SDM Order from local area + ₹. 15 as late fee
Procedure for delayed Birth Registration:
You can go to your local municipal office and ask for procedure of delayed birth registration. Usually for birth certificate in Delhi which are beyond one year there is a requirement of Birth order by Executive Magistrate/ Sub Divisional Magistrate on basis of which birth is registered in municipal office after paying the requisite late fees. To get Birth Order you need to visit the local Executive Magistrate/ Sub Divisional Magistrate office and submit the required documents like identity proof, address proof and school certificates on basis of which Birth order is issued.
Do not delay to get a birth registered!
Itzeazy provides service for issuing of birth certificate . Its door step and hassle free service . To book for service please visit https://itzeazy.in/delhi/birth-certificate/birth-certificate-agents-consultants-in-delhi