Headache and anxiety cannot be ruled out if you are applying for an Indian Passport. Many people still sweat over minor details such as how to fill the form and which documents are needed. Many people still hire agents and getting the process completed for a fee because no one wants to waste hours at government offices, running from one department to another in order to get basic things done. If you are the one with this kind of anxiety, kindly relax as now it is easy to apply for passport online.
The process is lengthy and you’ll still have to visit the passport office, but you definitely won’t need an agent to get the job done as long as you follow these steps-
1. Go to the Passport Seva website- http://www.passportindia.gov.in
2. Click New User? Register Now.
3. Now fill the form to create an account on the Passport Seva website. You need to select the passport office of the city you’re living in currently, not your native place. Also make sure that you enter the name exactly as it appears in your other documents to avoid any problems with your application. The rest of the form is pretty straightforward – it’s just like signing up for any other website.
4. Click Register when done.
5. Now that you’ve created your account, return to the Passport Seva website.
6. Enter your registered Login Id, password and the characters in the image. Click Login.
7. Click Apply for Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport link.
8. You can download the form, fill it and upload it back to the website, or just fill the details online. We recommend that you fill the details online to save time.
In case you want to download the form anyway, click Click here to download the soft copy of the form, in the first subheading on the page titled Alternative 1.
9. On the next page, you’ll have to choose between a Fresh passport or Re-issue, a Normal or Tatkal passport, 38 pages or 60 pages. Make the selections as per your requirements, and click Next page.
10. You have to enter your personal information on the next page, and once again, the information you fill should match your other documents. Once you’re done, click Submit Application at the bottom right.
11. After you’ve filled the form, return to the webpage mentioned in step 9.
12. Click View Saved/Submitted Applications.
13. You’ll see the application you just submitted. Click the radio button next to it and click Pay and Schedule Appointment link.
14. Select Online Payment and click Next.
A list of Passport Seva Kendras from your city will appear on screen along with the date and time of the earliest available appointment.
15. Select one of these from the drop-down menu next to PSK Location.
16. Enter the characters in the image next to and click Next.
17. Click Pay and Book Appointment.
18. This will now take you to the payment gateway. Complete your payment and you’ll be redirected to the Passport Seva website.
19. Now you’ll see a page titled Appointment Confirmation with all the details of your appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
20. Click Print Application Receipt. The next page will show a detailed view of the application – again, click on Print Application Receipt.
21. On the next page you’ll see a preview of the receipt. Once again, click Print Application Receipt to finally take a printout of the appointment confirmation.
22. You will need a print of this receipt to enter the PSK.
Now all you need to do is go to the PSK at the time mentioned in the receipt along with original documents. If all the required documents are in order, your PSK visit would be fruitful. You’ll get your passport after police verification is complete.
All the very best!!
For more information log on to www.itzeazy.in