You can apply for passport online through passport seva online portal in India. Itzeazy also help in passport application online . It guides you in complete procedure to apply for passport. You can yourself apply for new passport or renewal of passport under normal or tatkal application process of passport seva online.
Passport application is to be submitted online and passport application fees is to be deposited online. Passport application documents is to be produced before the passport officials for verification purpose during the visit to passport office.
Wondering how to apply for passport online ?
The online process for passport application is confusing you ?
No need of worrying any more . Step by step guide is available to help you to apply for passport application online . After reading this article you will come to know how to apply for passport online.
Passport application process is online in India nowadays. Be it new passport application or renewal or re-issue of passport application process is same . However documents required for passport application can be different under different scenario.
Passport application process
Following are the steps involved in passport application process :
- Filling of passport application form online
- Payment of requisite passport application fees
- Visit to passport office for photograph and document verification
- Police verification/ address verification
- Passport issue
- Passport delivery by post
Passport application types
- Normal – Under normal passport application process , it takes approx. 25-30 days time.
- Tatkal – Under tatkal passport application process, it takes approx. 2-4 days time.
Based on time available and the cost involved, one can choose application type between the above two options available . For Tatkal passport application process there is additional fees of Rs. 2000 over and above Normal passport fees ,which is Rs. 1500 in case of adult and Rs. 1000 in case of minor.
For new passport application under tatkal process needs a verification letter from class 1 officer or Gazetted officer , which can be difficult to get if you don’t know someone personally . So, need to check before going for passport application under tatkal process.
Passport application documents
Following are the documents required for new passport application :
- Current address proof of last 1 year ( Voterid/ Aadhar/ Electricity bill/ Telephone bill/ Photo passbook of bank/gas connection/
- Date of birth proof ( Birth certificate/ 10th certificate/ Aadhar/ Driving License/ PAN card )
- 10th certificate to apply under ECNR category
- In case of tatkal application Certificate from Ghazatted officer ( Annexure B)
For more information on documents required for passport application under different categories pls refer the complete guide on it at
Passport application fees
- ₹1500 – Fresh or Renew passport (36 pages, standard size) with 10 year validity.
- ₹3500 – First time applicant or renewal with expedited (‘tatkal’) service (36 pages) with 10 year validity.
- ₹2000 – Fresh or Renew passport (60 pages, ‘jumbo’ size) with 10 year validity.
- ₹4000 – First time applicant or renewal with expedited (‘tatkal’) service (60 pages) with 10 year validity.
There is 10 per cent rebate in passport fees for citizens either under the age of eight or over sixty years. The foreign office currently charges Rs 2,000 as fees for passports – whether new or for renewal – of 60 pages, and Rs 1,500 for 36-page passports. The beneficiaries of the rule will need to pay Rs 1,800 for 60-page booklets and Rs 1,350 for the 36-page passports.
Passport apply online
The process is lengthy and you’ll still have to visit the passport office, but you definitely won’t need an agent to get the job done as long as you follow these steps. We will tell you step by step process of how to apply for passport online.
1. Go to the Passport Seva website- http://www.passportindia.gov.in
2. Click New User? Register Now
3. Now fill the form to create an account on the Passport Seva website. You need to select the passport office of the city you’re living in currently, not your native place. Also make sure that you enter the name exactly as it appears in your other documents to avoid any problems with your application. The rest of the form is pretty straightforward – it’s just like signing up for any other website.
4. Click Register when done.
5. Now that you’ve created your account, return to the Passport Seva website.
6. Enter your registered Login Id, password and the characters in the image. Click Login.
7. Click Apply for Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport link.
8. You can download the form, fill it and upload it back to the website, or just fill the details online. We recommend that you fill the details online to save time.
In case you want to download the form anyway, click Click here to download the soft copy of the form, in the first subheading on the page titled Alternative 1.
9. On the next page, you’ll have to choose between a Fresh passport or Re-issue, a Normal or Tatkal passport, 38 pages or 60 pages. Make the selections as per your requirements, and click Next page.
10. You have to enter your personal information on the next page, and once again, the information you fill should match your other documents. Once you’re done, click Submit Application at the bottom right.
11. After you’ve filled the form, return to the webpage mentioned in step 9.
12. Click View Saved/Submitted Applications.
13. You’ll see the application you just submitted. Click the radio button next to it and click Pay and Schedule Appointment link.
14. Select Online Payment and click Next.
A list of Passport Seva Kendras from your city will appear on screen along with the date and time of the earliest available appointment.
15. Select one of these from the drop-down menu next to PSK Location.
16. Enter the characters in the image next to and click Next.
17. Click Pay and Book Appointment.
18. This will now take you to the payment gateway. Complete your payment and you’ll be redirected to the Passport Seva website.
19. Now you’ll see a page titled Appointment Confirmation with all the details of your appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
20. Click Print Application Receipt. The next page will show a detailed view of the application – again, click on Print Application Receipt.
21. On the next page you’ll see a preview of the receipt. Once again, click Print Application Receipt to finally take a printout of the appointment confirmation.
22. You will need a print of this receipt to enter the PSK.
Now all you need to do is go to the PSK at the time mentioned in the receipt along with original documents. If all the required documents are in order, your PSK visit would be fruitful. You’ll get your passport after police verification is complete.
All the very best!!
Watch video on how to apply for passport online