If you own a vehicle then it’s very important to have certain documents and among them the most important after DL is RC or registration certificate. No vehicle should be allowed to drive on roads without a RC. But sometimes the owner might lose it or it can be soiled, torn, stained or damaged. In these circumstances you will need a duplicate RC or duplicate registration certificate. Now if you are worrying about how will you get a duplicate RC, don’t worry here is all the procedure and details you need to get the duplicate RC.
Documents you need to get duplicate RC :
- Application for duplicate RC (form 26)
- Copy of the FIR in case you have lost it or it has been stolen
- Original copy of RC if it is stained or torn or spoiled
- Details of tax for the preceding 4 quarters including tax token and payment of tax
- A valid Insurance Certificate of the vehicle
- Adhar card
- For commercial vehicles, the challan agreement from traffic department & Enforcement Wing
- An affidavit which indicates that your Registration Certificate has been misplaced or its lost and it hasn’t been seized by any authority
- Your attested PAN card copies or form 60
- Chassis and Engine pencil print
- No objection certificate or NOC has to be taken from the financier
- Effective and authentic PUC
How to apply for duplicate RC online:
Now to apply for duplicate RC online you have to click the below link
It will take you to the website parivahan.com
Now you have to follow these steps
- In the first page you will be asked to log in. Log in using valid and accurate details.
- Now in the next page click on “vehicle registration related service”, then “online services” and then on the second option or on misc duplicate RC.
- Now you have to enter your vehicle chassis no and then click on verify registration no
- In the next page, after entering your mobile no an otp will be sent to your mobile no enter it and submit
- Now a page will open with owner information , on the upper side check the box containing duplicate RC text. Now in you have to fill some details and then check all the details and click proceed.
- After successful payment print the e-fee receipt.
- Now you have to fill form 26 and form 30 (if you don’t have pan card)
- At last with duly filled form 26 along with the other documents including final payment receipt go to your RTO and submit the form and documents.
Your duplicate RC will be sent to you by post within 7 days or max 30 days. If you don’t get your duplicate RC after 30 days, contact your RTO.
How to get a duplicate RC Offline :
Now to get a duplicate RC offline, you have to submit an application at the nearest police station to the area where you have lost the RC. An FIR can also be lauched online. By doing this you will get a Missing Registration Certificate challan for your lost RC . It will work as a proof of the vehicle RC being lost. You have to give these details to get the challan–
- Vehicle Owner Name
- Vehicle Owner Address
- Chassis Number
- Engine Number
- Vehicle Model
- Vehicle Color
- Registration number of your vehicle
- Self-attested copy of ID proof or Aadhar card
- Self-attested copy of Address proof or Aadhar card
- copy of Driving license
Now go to your RTO and if your vehicle is leased/ financed, you will need an NOC from the bank and submit it to your RTO. Also, you have to submit the following documents:
- Duly filled RTO Form 26. (you can download it from here )
- FIR copy
- Bank NOC
- Chassis imprint of the car
- PUC copy
- ID proofs Aadhar or voter card
- Affidavit claiming the loss of RC (to ensure your RC is not seized)
After submitting you have to pay whatever the for providing duplicate RC and all done. Your duplicate RC will be sent to you by post.
Fee details for duplicate RC :
Here are the details of fee during the procedure of making duplicate RC —
|Two wheelers|| Rs. 300
|Medium goods and passenger vehicle
| Rs. 1000
|Light Motor Vehicle (Non-Transport)|| Rs. 600
| Heavy goods vehicle
|Heavy passenger motor vehicle|| Rs. 5000
|Imported motor vehicle
|Imported motor cycle
| Rs. 5000
I hope you have got your answers regarding duplicate RC . If this article helped you, don’t forget to share and upvote. Have a nice day.