Learners license Delhi– In this article, we will talk about how to apply for learning license Delhi. To know the detailed procedure for applying for an online learning license Delhi keep reading the article. (Learning license apply online Delhi)
A Learning licence is a crucial document that you must have to drive on Indian roads. Driving a motor vehicle without a learning licence is a punishable offence and can charge you with a hefty fine.
Thus, to get hands-on experience driving, you should have a driving license. If you are a beginner or in the learning stage and want to practice on Delhi roads, you should apply for a learning license Delhi.
So, want to know the process for learning license apply online Delhi? Worry not, as we are here to help you to guide. We are sure that our blog will help you apply for a learners license Delhi .
Are there Different Types of Learning Licences?
Yes, just like the different classes of vehicles, there are different types of learners licences. You can apply for the learning license apply online Delhi depending on the class of vehicle you want to drive. Here are the four recognized classes of vehicles under the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988.
- Motor Vehicle Without Gear(MVWOG)
- Motor Vehicle With Gear(MVWG)
- Light Motor Vehicle(LMV)
- Transport Vehicle( E-Cart or Commercial)
What Documents Do I Need for Learning License Delhi?
For a learning license apply online Delhi, you require the following documents.
- 2 passport size photographs
- Form 1-A* (Only for transport vehicle learners license applicants who are of 40 years or more)
- Form-2 ( Application for learning license)
- Copies of current address proof and age proof (Self-Attested)
- Self-attested copy of Educational Qualification with minimum 8th-grade pass* (For Transport vehicle applicants)
- Copy of LMV driving licence* ( For transport vehicle licence)
You can use either of the following as Age Proof for learning license apply online Delhi:
- Birth Certificate by Municipality
- Aadhar Card with Date of Birth
- SSLC Certificate
- Photo ID issued by State/Central Government
For Address Proof, you can use either of the following:
- Affidavit by Notary/Oath Commissioner
- Employment Certificate
- Voter ID
- LIC Policy Statement
- Marriage Certificate
- Arms Certificate Issued by Government
- Aadhar Card with Date of Birth
Eligibility for Learners License Delhi
The eligibility of obtaining a learners license Delhi depends on the vehicle you want to seek the learning licence.
- You should be 16 years or more to drive a manual gearless vehicle with an engine capacity of not more than 50cc with the guardian’s consent.
- You must attain 18 years of age to drive a vehicle with manual gear except for commercial or transport vehicles.
- Individuals 20 years or above can apply for transport or commercial vehicles.
How to Go Forward with Applying for Learning License Delhi
In 2022, applying for a learning license has become an easy and hassle-free process. You can do an online license apply Delhi from anywhere or while sitting it in your home or offline through your nearest RTO.
Application Procedure to Apply for Online Learning License Delhi
Here is the process for learning license apply online Delhi.
- Visit the Parivahan.gov portal and select the Online Services tab to click on the Driving License Related Services option.
- Select Delhi from the drop-down list from where you will be directed to another page.
- Select the option of Issue of Learners Licence from the Contactless License Services pop-up that you see on the screen. You can also go to the Learner Licence tab on the blue bar and select Application for New Learners License for the same.
- Read the instructions for the application submission and then submit.
- Afterwards, choose General from the options for online license apply Delhi and then choose any option below for online learning license Delhi .
- Choose from either of the two authentications options: With Aadhar or Without Aadhar to proceed further.
- First, enter your Aadhar Number or Virtual I.D to enter the OTP you receive on the mobile number linked to your Aadhar Card to proceed further for an online license apply Delhi.
- Then, a pop-up will appear on the screen in a red font that asks if you want to submit your application to your district RTO near your address. If you want to, click OK otherwise, Cancel to later select RTO to apply for learning license Delhi.
- Fill in your details like registered mobile number, Educational qualification, etc, and address details.
- Without Aadhar authentication, for applying for an online learning license Delhi, first, select RTO and then enter your mobile number to receive an OTP for authentication.
- Then you have to fill in your General Application details like Name, Qualification, date of birth and address details for the online license apply Delhi.
Selection of Vehicles & Self Declaration
- Finally, select the class of vehicles you wish to apply for a learning licence. You can select more than one COV for the learners license Delhi by pressing and holding Ctrl to select multiple COV options.
- Now, click on the yellow button to fill out form-1 (Self Declaration for Physical Fitness) necessary to apply for learning license Delhi. Finally, check in the declarations and then submit to proceed with your online learning license Delhi application.
- Then, select the Print Acknowledgement option on the right side of the window to download or print the receipt. You may need the slip for the future reference as you apply for learning license Delhi.
- Following, click next to upload documents for age proof and proof for present address to go forward with your online license apply Delhi. You can select Aadhar as both age proof and current address proof for your online learning license Delhi application.
Note: Ensure your documents size do not exceed 500 Kb and are in jpeg/jpg/PDF format while applying for an online learning license Delhi to ensure the smooth proceeding of your online learning license Delhi procedure.
- Now, upload your photograph and signature while you apply for learning license Delhi with a size not more than 20 kb and are in jpg/jpeg format.
Note: If you are applying with Aadhaar, you don’t need to upload a photograph to apply for learning license Delhi and so you are only required to upload only your signature.
Fee payment & Print Fee Receipt
- The final step is to do fee payment using Netbanking/Credit card/Debit card to apply for learning license Delhi and print fee receipt for future reference to your online license apply Delhi when visit RTO for the driving test.
What if You’re Unsure of Your Payment Transaction?
If you suspect a transaction failure amidst your process for online license apply Delhi you can easily verify your fee payment status by the following steps so as to ensure a smooth online learning license Delhi application submission.
- Firstly, go to the Fee Payments option and proceed to click on Fee Payments.
- Second, select E-Payments from the drop-down list and then go on the Application Fee option to check your fee status for your online license apply Delhi.
- Third, enter your Application number and date of birth to calculate your fee status for online learning license Delhi.
How to Book a Test for Online Learning License Delhi Slot?
In 2022, you can attempt your online learning license Delhi test in the comfort of your home.
- First, visit the Learners Licence tab for Online Learners Licence Test selection and click Online LL Test (STALL) to apply for learning license Delhi test slot booking.
- Second, fill in your date of birth, learners licence number, and password to proceed with your online learning license Delhi test. Set the language and attempt the test within the stipulated time.
- Lastly, download the online learning license Delhi or again go to the Learners Licence tab and select Print Learners Licence to download Form 3 as you apply for online learning license Delhi.
Appointment Booking for Learning Licence Delhi Slot
If you apply for learning license Delhi without Aadhar or you wish to appear physically and apply for learning license Delhi test, you can book your appointment online.
- First, select the Application Status tab or directly select LL Test Slot Booking to book online learning license Delhi slot.
- Enter your application number and date of birth to proceed to book.
- Select any date of your convenience that shows green in the calendar and set timings.
- Take a printout of the appointment slip by the Print Appointment Receipt option.
- Visit your RTO office on the day of appointment 30 min before the scheduled timing with the copies and original documents you uploaded on the website during the application.
- Attempt the test and, if you pass, you will receive your learning licence after the test.
How to Print Out the Copies of Your Uploaded Documents?
You can easily print the copies of your uploaded documents by visiting the others tab and selecting Print Application Forms.
- Then you can add your application number and date of birth to print the required forms and even fee receipt.
Offline Application for Learners License Delhi
- Visit your nearest RTO and collect the Learning Licence Application form. You can also download it from the Parivahan.gov website.
- Submit the Application form with the required documents and book a slot for the learners licence test.
Documents Required: Learning license apply online Delhi
- Application form
- Acknowledgment Receipt
- Fee Payment Receipt
- Age-Proof & Present Address Proof (That you uploaded in the application online)
- 2-3 Passport size photographs
- You will undergo a Colour Blindness and limb movement test and then appear for the driving test.
- If you pass the exam, you will receive your learning license after the test.
What Documents Should I Carry With for Learning Licence Offline Test?
- Application form
- Acknowledgment Receipt
- Fee Payment Receipt
- Age-Prood & Present Address Proof (That you uploaded in the application online)
- Form-1A* ( in case of Transport vehicles license)
- 4-5 Passport size photographs
What is an Online Learning License Delhi Test?
For learning license apply online Delhi, clearing a learning license test is a prerequisite to obtaining a learning licence. Its mode varies for applicants for a transport and non-transport learning license.
The test covers the following two broad topics
- Traffic Rules & Regulations
- Road Signs & their Significance
For Non-Transport Learning License Applicants
It is an online MCQ test wherein applicants must score 60% or above to pass the test.
For Transport Learning License Applicants
It is an oral test wherein applicants answer questions and, those who pass with 60% or above obtain a learner’s licence.
The applicants also appear for a driving test where they are tested for driving skills like parking parallelly, making S-turn and 8-turn, etc. The RTO officer conducts the test in his/her guidance and tests the necessary driving skills of the applicants before declaring them fit to drive.
What if I Fail the Learning Licence test? Can I reattempt?
If you fail to clear the learning licence test, you can reattempt the test again the next day, the Licensing Authority provide three attempts to clear the test. If you fail to pass in the three attempts, you will become ineligible for applying for a learning license apply online Delhi.
How Can I Prepare for the Learning License test?
Before learning license apply online Delhi, you can practice for the licensing exam by going through the question bank and attempting mock tests that are available on the Parivahan.gov website. Check out the study material like mock tests by signing in here and sample questions from here.
For How Long My Learning Licence is Valid? When can I apply for a Permanent Driving Licence?
A learners license Delhi is valid for six months. You can apply for a permanent driving licence after 30 days or within 6 months from the date of issuing the learner’s licence.
What Guidelines do I have to Follow After Obtaining a Learning Licence?
You should follow the following guidelines after obtaining a learners license.
- You should attach or paste the L sign in red with a white background on both the front and rear of your vehicle.
- Drive the vehicle only under the supervision of a person holding a permanent driving license.
So, Apply for a learning license Delhi in a hassle-free way through our step-by-step guide. Today, online license apply Delhi is a seamless process, all thanks to digitization. We hope our blog will help to obtain your learners license Delhi. It is a ticket to make your dreams and aspirations come true of learning to ride a vehicle. After all, today riding a vehicle is more than a luxury but a necessity.
We hope our blog will help you to obtain your learners license Delhi in the easiest way possible.