Marriage registration in Vadodara – Marriage is one of the institutions of our society. It is a sacred bond of two unions within a community. A certificate of marriage is a proof of this sacred bond. Taking into consideration of the Religious marriage and Special Marriage Acts, the certificate is allotted by the Registrar of the concerned area.
Acts governing the marriage registration in Vadodara are:
First and foremost, the marriage must take place in the premises of Vadodara. The certificate of marriage is submitted under either of the Acts:
- The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 – It provides that the marriage commenced between Hindu husband and wife will come under the ambit of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. Further, the Act sheds light towards the Buddhists, Jain, Sikhs or the converted ones.
- The Special Marriage Act, 1954 – It provides that the marriage between the parties which are not considered as Hindus, Buddhists, Jain or Sikhs. Section 4 of the Act provides for some of the rules prescribed in the provision are:
- Prior to signing the Marriage Certificate, all of the necessary conditions are satisfied.
- The parties must enter into the marriage contract with their own consent for Marriage registration in Vadodara. There should be no undue influence, coercion, etc. on either of the parties. The abnormality of either of the parties makes the marriage certificate a void document.
- Both of the parties must be legally eligible to enter into the marriage contract with each other.
- They should not fall under the degree of the prohibited relationship, for instance, they should not be brother–sister, or mother–son duo.
Documents for Marriage registration in Vadodara
Some of the basic documents to keep in mind for the marriage registration in Vadodara are as following:
- The date of birth certificate of the bride and the bridegroom. In case, the date of birth certificate is not available, the Mark sheet of 10th or 12th will be sufficed.
- The proof of residence can be checked with the help of Aadhaar Card, passport, Driving license, Election Card, Election, etc.
- The proof of residence of the Priest must be also furnished.
- The proof of residence of the two witnesses also needs to be disclosed. They must carry their passport size photographs along with them.
- Affidavit declaring the place, time and date of the marriage must be provided as well. An invitation card will also be sufficient to disclose the information pertaining to marriage.
- Photographs of the bride and bridegroom.
- An application form.
- An agreement stamp of Rs. 200.
All the required documents must be attested by a notary public or by the gazetted officer.
Where the bridegroom and bride is NRI, then the following documents must be accompanied by the above-mentioned ones for the marriage registration in Vadodara:
- Proof of residence of two NRI witnesses to the case.
- Proof of the job/employment must be furnished. Either an appointment letter, Salary statements, income tax returns, etc.
- National Identity Card of the NRI.
Note: Marriage registration in Vadodara
Certain prerequisites to consider taking into account are as under:
- The parties must have attained the age of majority. The age of the girl must not be less than 18 years and the age for the boys are fixed, i.e. more than 21 years of age.
- Both the parties must be of sound mind.
- Both of the parties must be related to each other that are prohibited by the law for the time being in force.
- Either of the parties must not be married before, subject to the conditions prevalent in Muslim personal laws. For the Muslim marriage, consent must be there for a second marriage.
Marriage registration in Vadodara
Step by step procedure for the marriage registration in Vadodara:
- The presence of both the Bride and Bridegroom is necessary.
- Presence of the Priest is necessary.
- Signatures of both witnesses and Priest have the utmost importance for the marriage registration in Vadodara.
- The Bride and Bridegroom must furnish their signatures on the marriage document.
- Then the marriage certificate will be delivered at the residence of either of the bride or bridegroom or both.
Advantages of the Marriage registration in Vadodara
The marriage certificate or Marriage registration in Vadodara is proof of the marriage. It has an evidentiary value in the court of law.
It is also used to get a visa for a husband or a wife. It helps in claiming the insurance policy amount in case either of the party dies by any reason. Marriage registration Vadodara is completely an economical decision for the parties.
It avoids unnecessary expenses on the big fat weddings in India. The Certificate of marriage confers social security to women especially married women.
Fee for Marriage registration Vadodara
he fees of the registration and appointment is Rs. 100/- It can be paid via: Net banking or Debit or Credit Card. The fee is completely non-refundable. Thereafter, another fee is paid, known as the Balance Fee. It must be paid in physical mode and at the office of the marriage registration in Vadodara.
After the complete verification of the documents, the balance fees must be paid immediately. A token receipt will be generated, keep that in a secure for future references.
The process of marriage registration in Vadodara is tiresome. But the government has initiated towards the online mode of registration and appointment. This saves the time of both the parties.
Where the applicant wants to reschedule their appointments, this can only be done for three times in a year. It is considered to be a genuine practice that if any couple wants to cancel their appointment, it must be done in advance.
For prior notice of the cancellation of the appointment, the notice must be provided before 24 hours. Further, the Vadodara Municipal Corporation advises people about the agents or fraudsters who attract some people on the promise of any false misrepresentation.
Vadodara Municipal Corporation has provided a phone number for quick resolution of the issues facing by the applicants. The number is 0265-02417422. The phone number is functional between the working hours i.e. 11 am to 2 pm.
For morn info visit Itzeazy