Are you looking for Tamil Nadu vehicle registration details? If yes, then this is the place where you will get the complete information regarding Tamil Nadu vehicle registration, Tamil Nadu RTO registration or TN RTO registration
Tamil Nadu RTO registration
All motor vehicles in India must be registered under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. Every vehicle in India gets an unique registration number that is determined by the state and Tamil Nadu RTO registration or TN RTO registration .The vehicle’s owner receives a Registration Certificate (RC) after the vehicle registration.
Tamil Nadu vehicle registration, Transfer of vehicle registration, re-registration of the vehicle, obtaining the NOC, cancellation of the NOC, hire-purchase, termination of hire-purchase, transfer of vehicle ownership and other processes are all related to vehicle registration. Let’s begin with Tamil Nadu vehicle registration details.
Documents for Tamil Nadu vehicle registration
What are the documents required for Tamil Nadu RTO registration? The following are some of the documents you must possess during the Tamil Nadu vehicle registration:
- Application Form-20 (https://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/forms/form20.pdf)
- Form-21: Sales certificate
- Road-worthiness certificate and Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate and Form-22 from the vehicle manufacturer
- Form-60/61 from the Income Tax Department or Pan card
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Address proof (one of the following):
- Ration Card
- Voter ID Card
- LIC Policy
- Affidavit by the applicant attested by a Notary, Executive or First-Class Judicial Magistrate
- 3 copies of passport size photos for Tamil Nadu vehicle registration details
- Lifetime tax for non-transport vehicle
- Temporary Registration Certificate for temporarily registered vehicles.
Procedure for temporary Tamil Nadu vehicle registration?
A vehicle owner can do Tamil Nadu vehicle registration temporarily with a registering authority. A temporary vehicle registration is only valid for one month and you cannot renew after that. The dealer must submit the application for temporary TN RTO registration on behalf of the vehicle owner to the Regional Transport Officer/Motor Vehicle Inspector Grade I. The entire process takes about three days, and the vehicle owner is required to present the vehicle for inspection.
That’s all about Tamil Nadu vehicle registration details for temporary vehicles. The documents for Tamil Nadu RTO registration you must carry along with this.
Procedure for Tamil Nadu RTO registration of permanent vehicle?
The procedure for permanent Tamil Nadu RTO registration of non-commercial vehicles is as follows:
- An application must be made in the prescribed Form 20 and submitted to the Transport Department/RTO in your area for registration of a new non-commercial, private vehicle.
- Form 20 is available for download online or from the RTO. The link is as above.
- An applicant must submit the dealer/sales manufacturer’s certificate, the manufacturer’s road-worthiness certificate, an attested copy of the vehicle insurance document, proof of address, and the original print of the vehicle chassis number, among other documents.
- Payment of the registration fee and receipt of the one-time road tax paid to the transportation department.
- Following a vehicle inspection by the registering authority, the vehicle will be assigned a registration mark.
That’s all about the Tamil Nadu vehicle registration details for permanent vehicles.
Change the address in Tamil Nadu vehicle registration details
You have to record change in the vehicle owner’s address in the Registration Certificate, which they must request from the Regional Transport Officer/ Motor Vehicle Inspector Grade I. The list of documents required for a change of address in vehicle RC is listed below.
- Change of address notification in duplicate on Form No. 33.Download the forms through this link.
- Certificate of Registration for a Vehicle (RC)
- Insurance policy for a vehicle
- Proof of address (one of the following):
- Voter ID Card Ration Card Life Insurance Policy
- Photos that fit in a passport
- Salary slips from a government agency
- An affidavit signed by the applicant and witnessed by a Notary, Executive or First-Class Judicial Magistrate.
- If the vehicle was purchased with a loan, a No Objection Certificate (NOC) was obtained from the lender.
- Tax receipt that is still valid
- Certificate of Pollution Control (PUC)
Process for TN RTO registration for a duplicate certificate
What is the process of procedure for the Tamil Nadu RTO registration of the duplicate certificate?
The owner of the vehicle must submit an application to the Regional Transport Officer/ Motor Vehicle Inspector Grade I for the issuance of a duplicate RC. After the original licensing authority verifies antecedents, the entire process takes about 5 days. you have to give following documents:
- Fill Form-26 (https://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/faces/forms/form26.pdf). Download the forms through this link.
- Police Certificate
- Tax payment details of last four quarters
- Tax token
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the financier
- Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
That’s all about Tamil Nadu vehicle registration details regarding the duplicate certificates.
Process for renewal of Tamil Nadu vehicle registration
What is the procedure for the Renewal of Tamil Nadu RTO registration?
The owner of a private/non-commercial vehicle must apply for vehicle registration renewal after 15 years from the date of original registration. 60 days before the vehicle registration expires, the registration certificate must be renewed. you have to produce vehicle for physical inspection and an application must be submitted to the Regional Transport Officer/Motor Vehicle Inspector Grade I. The documents given below should be submitted:
- Form 25 should be filled. (https://tnsta.gov.in/pdf/forms/form25.pdf). Download the forms through this link.
- Registration Certificate (RC) of Vehicle.
- Certificate of Insurance.
- PUC Certificate.
- Tax receipt.
That concludes the Tamil Nadu vehicle registration details for the renewal of the vehicle.
Time Period to Renew registration certificate of Two-wheeler
What is the time period after which you should renew the Tamil Nadu vehicle registration certificate of Two-wheeler?
A two-wheeler Tamil Nadu RTO registration certificate is valid for a maximum of 15 years. You should renew RC after its expiry by submitting all vehicle-related documents to the registering authority. There need to produce two-wheeler for a roadworthiness inspection. You have to make application for a renewal of RC within 60 days of the expiration of the original vehicle RC according to the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989.
I hope your all the queries regarding the procedure for Tamil Nadu vehicle registration details and Tamil Nadu RTO registration has been answered with this blog. If not, then you can mention it in the comment box. I would be glad to answer all those.