Now you can apply for a marriage certificate Delhi online. Marriage registration in Delhi is compulsory and it is considered a legal document . In this article we will discuss about marriage registration process in Delhi, marriage certificate Delhi fees, documents required for marriage certificate Delhi, tatkal marriage certificate in Delhi.
Read this article to have all the information regarding marriage registration process in Delhi needed. Marriage registration in Delhi is now easy with Itzeazy. One should always remember to register and get a valid Marriage certificate online Delhi or Offline.
A Marriage certificate is proof of your spouse and is helpful in applying for various government documents after marriage such as PAN, Passport, Visa, etc. Have a glance at how to apply for marriage certificate Delhi and the Delhi- NCR region and what all documents do you need and what are the charges applied.
In Delhi, married couples need to register their marriage within 60 days of the marriage irrespective of caste, creed and religion under the compulsory Registration of marriage act of Delhi 2014. Check out the procedure for a Marriage certificate online Delhi.
Marriages in Delhi can either be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.
- The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable to Hindus, Budhs, and Jains.
- Muslim marriage, Christian marriage, and interreligious marriage should be registered under the special marriage act.
The Hindu Marriage Act provides for registration of an already solemnized marriage, and does not provide for solemnization of a marriage by a Marriage Registrar. However, the Special Marriage Act provides for solemnization of a marriage as well as registration by a Marriage Officer. To be eligible for Marriage certificate online Delhi, the minimum age is 21 years for males and 18 years for females.
Marriage Registration Process in Delhi
A marriage registration in Delhi can be done at the sub magistrate office of the area where either the husband or the wife has address proof or where the marriage took place.
A) Hindu Marriage Act
To get a marriage certificate Delhi under Hindu Marriage Act, there are two kinds of processes for marriage registration in Delhi :
Normal Marriage Registration
The application, affidavits, and other supporting documents must be submitted in the concerned office of the sub-divisional magistrate to get a marriage certificate Delhi. If all documents are complete, the date and time for marriage registration in Delhi is assigned.
On the day of the appointment, the husband, wife, and two witnesses should appear in the Sub Divisional Magistrate’s office with the original documents. It is required for marriage registration. Marriage certificates in Delhi cannot be issued in the absence of physical presence.
Before issuing a marriage certificate, the sub-divisional magistrate usually meets with the married couple face to face. A joint photograph of the couple is being taken there, which will show up on the marriage certificate. On the same day, the marriage certificate Delhi is issued.
Now you can also apply for Marriage certificate online Delhi.
Tatkal Marriage Registration Delhi
Marriage registration in Delhi on the tatkal basis is offered in case of urgency on a priority basis but there is aprovision for tatkal marriage registration on payment. Under the tatkal marriage registration process in Delhi, document verification and marriage registration are both completed on the same day. Marriage certificates in Delhi are issued to married couples at the end of the process.
Tatkal marriage registration in Delhi is only available for Hindu, Sikh, Budh, and Jain marriages. Muslim, Christian, and inter-religious marriages cannot be registered under this act and must be registered under the Special Marriage Act, which is a 30-day procedure.
B) Special Marriage Act
Marriages between Muslims, Christians and interreligious couples can be registered under a special marriage act. It is a 30-day process. The first notice must be served. If no one objects within 30 days, marriage registration can be completed and a marriage certificate Delhi issued.
Following the submission of documents, both parties must be present to issue a public notice inviting objections. One copy of the notice is posted on the office’s notice board, and another copy is mailed to the marriage officer in the area where either of the parties has a current/permanent address.
Marriage registration in Delhi is completed 30 days after the date of notice, after the SDM has decided on any objections received during that time. Both parties, as well as three witnesses, must be present on the date of registration/solemnization. A register for filing objections is available with the Dealing Assistant in the SDM’s office. Within 14 days, a registration marriage certificate Delhi is issued.
Check out the procedure for Marriage certificate online Delhi as well
C) Anand Marriage Act
The Anand Karaj Act, also known as the Sikh Marriage Act, was conceived in the early nineteenth century. Prior to this time, the Sikh faith was considered a branch of Hinduism, and people believed that Sikh marriages should be recorded in the Hindu Marriage Act.
The Anand Karaj Act was passed in 1909 as a result of the Namarari Movement. Under the newly enacted Anand Marriage Act, Sikh couples can register their marriage in Delhi.
The application and supporting documents must be submitted to the local sub magistrate’s office under this act. If the application is accepted, the date and time for marriage registration will be set. Two witnesses must accompany the married couple to the SDM office on that date. On the same day, the marriage certificate Delhi is issued.
Late fine in case of delay in marriage registration
If you do not register your marriage in Delhi within 60 days of the date of marriage, you will be fined.
- Between 60 days to 120 days there is a late fine of Rs. 500
- Beyond 120 days there is a fine of Rs. 1000
- There is no late fine for the registration of marriage commenced before the year 2014
Documents required for Marriage Certificate Delhi
To register a marriage in Delhi, you will need to provide documentation. To get a Marriage certificate online Delhi you have to prove your identity and relationship with each other. This varies depending on the state in which you are registering your marriage, but most commonly, you will need to provide:
- Marriage invitation card
- A marriage certificate issued by the district magistrate or a higher authority.
- Two recent photos of you both (2×2 inches)
- Aadhar card of both husband & wife
- A letter of consent from both parties.
- A copy of your birth certificate or identity card.
- Proof of residence in the district where you want to get married (utility bill, rent agreement, etc).
- Two witnesses having (voter id/ passport/Driving License) & PAN card
- The minimum age for marriage is 18 years for both bride and groom, 16 years for either party if they are below 18 years of age with written permission from their parent or guardian.
- Marriage Certificate Affidavit
If either party is already married, their existing marriage must be dissolved before they can marry again in Delhi and issue a marriage certificate Delhi.
Eligibility for Marriage registration in Delhi
Regardless of the spouse’s caste or religion, all marriages in Delhi are subject to the Compulsory Registration of Marriage Order, 2014. These are the prerequisite conditions that must be met in order for a marriage to be registered to get a marriage certificate Delhi.
- Bride must be 18 years of age and Groom of 21 years.
- Either Spouse is a native of Delhi or has a address proof of Delhi.
- According to Hindu Marriage Act, for a marriage to be registered both bride and groom be either Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh or Jain.
- No one should have a spouse while applying for the current marriage.
- There should be no external force or aggression while marrying and both should give a valid consent.
Now we will discuss the process for Marriage certificate online Delhi.
Getting a marriage certificate is becoming increasingly difficult. Nowadays getting government documents has become synonymous with multiple visits to government offices. It is very common for people to apply and have their applications rejected. You have to not only suffer financially, but you also require a significant amount of time.
So, if you don’t require a Marriage Certificate in Delhi right away and can make multiple visits with your partner and witnesses, go ahead and do it yourself.
You can also use our assistance to avoid making any mistakes. We will walk you through the entire process and assist you in getting your marriage certificate without having to visit government offices multiple times. You can easily get a marriage certificate in Delhi from the convenience of your own. To know more visit Itzeazy or you can place your order right now.
How to get Marriage Certificate Delhi Online
In Delhi now it is possible to apply for Marriage registration online. The married couple who wishes to avail of a Marriage Certificate Delhi online option may visit the website: Delhi Govt and fill out the form.
The form and application can be submitted online and an acknowledgement receipt would be given right away for Marriage certificate online Delhi. The e-governance endeavour of the Government of Delhi has come up with an easy and user-friendly way for registration of marriage online along with other certificates.
- On e-District portal Home Page, select the ‘Registration of Marriage’
- On the next page, the Citizen Login Form will appear.
- If they are not already registered, new users must create a user ID and password. To create a login id, you will need a scanned passport size photo and an Aadhaar / Voter ID Card.
- When creating your login id, make sure you fill in the correct area, which should correspond to the jurisdiction of your ADM/SDM office. Marriage registration takes place in 33 SDM offices throughout Delhi. You can, however, only visit the SDM office in the jurisdiction where you have lived for the past 30 days.
- Fill the online form for marriage registration in Delhi.
- Prepare your Affidavits and then upload scanned Affidavits. Please ensure that Affidavits are duly stamped and carry a Registered Attestation before you may scan and upload them.
- Please note that the Affidavits vary across all 33 SDM offices. You should go to SDM Office in whose jurisdiction you presently reside to inquire about the Affidavit Format and only make Affidavits in that particular format. Any deviation from the Affidavit Format would result in rejection of your Marriage Registration Application in Delhi.
- Scan and Upload all the required documents for the Marriage certificate online Delhi.
- In case wife intends to change her surname, please make additional Affidavits as per the format of the SDM Office in your jurisdiction and upload the same for a marriage certificate in Delhi.
- Scan and Upload all the ID, Address and Age Proof for Husband and Wife.
- Enter Details of Witnesses.
- Review and Submit the Application and take the appointment date.
- An acknowledgment page will then appear. A temporary number will be allotted that will be found printed on the acknowledgement slip.
- Make your file. Fill the mandatory Form “A” along with other forms as prescribed by SDM Office. The applicant must print and preserve a copy of the application form and acknowledgement slip.
- Please note that you must mention the address of wife before marriage along with document no. containing that address and also address of wife after marriage along with document no. containing the address after marriage.
- Thereafter attach all documents to your file. Please note all SDM offices follow a different sequence for attaching all the documents. Therefore, prepare your file as per the format prescribed by SDM Office in whose jurisdiction you presently reside.
- Thereafter, visit the SDM office on the Date of your Marriage Registration Appointment with complete documents. Your documents would be checked with originals. You, your spouse and witnesses would be asked few questions in relation to your marriage by the concerned SDM before approving your marriage.
- It is advised that the witnesses possess a PAN card and proof of residence along with them.
- Thereafter your Digital Marriage Certificate Delhi gets uploaded on the Department of Revenue, Govt. of NCT of Delhi portal which you can then download and print.
- That’s all about Marriage certificate online Delhi.
Marriage Registrar Offices in Delhi
Marriage registration in Delhi can be done in the following SDM offices, in the jurisdiction of which the married couple lives.
|1||North||1, Kripa Narain Marg, Delhi.|
|2||East||I&F Office complex, LM Bandh, Geeta Colony, Delhi|
|3||South||MB Road, B.D.O.Office, Near Anupam Aparments, Saket, New Delhi and
Old Tehsil Building, Mehrauli, New Delhi
|4||West||Old Middle School Building, Rampura, Lawrence Road, Delhi|
|5||Central||SDM office, Karol Bagh-Jhandewalan, New Delhi|
|6||New Delhi||Jam Nagar House, Near India Gate, New Delhi|
|7||South-West||Old Terminal Tax Building, Kapashera, Delhi|
|8||North-East||Weaver’s complex, Nand Nagari, Delhi|
|9||North-West||Bawana Road, Kanjhawala, Delhi|
That’s all about the marriage certificate Delhi. If you have any queries you can contact us or post them in the comments section. We are delighted to assist you.