A birth certificate is considered a crucial document because it not only proves the person’s age or nationality, but is also useful in fetching multiple other documents in various walks of his/her life. It is issued by the respective state government wherein the child was born as it is obligatory for the parents to register the birth of their children. So if you are a resident of Rajasthan and you’re looking for more ways to obtain a birth certificate Rajasthan, then keep reading ahead.
Because in this article, we are going to discuss all the necessary information regarding birth certificates in Rajasthan, like how you can apply and download online birth certificate Rajasthan, what documents you will require and similar other details.
Birth Certificate Rajasthan
The government of Rajasthan has recently launched a civil registration web portal called: Pehchan Raj. With this website, the residents of Rajasthan can now apply for their child’s birth certificate from anywhere without even visiting the nagar palika, gram panchayat, or municipality office.
Marriage certificate Rajasthan
Procedure To Apply For Online Birth Certificate Rajasthan
Therefore, you need to follow these steps mentioned below very carefully if you want to apply for online birth certificate Rajasthan:
- First, go to the official civil registration portal of the Rajasthan government:
- Then, you have to click on the “Birth Certificate” option present in the quick link section.
- After that, an application form will open which you have to fill up very carefully.
The form will ask you to give all the necessary information regarding the child, such as: his/her day, date and place of birth, address, parents’ information, and similar other details. You might also have to upload scanned documents, if requested.
- After filling up the form, you will have to check for mistakes, rectify them accordingly, and then submit it by entering a captcha code. With that, your application will be done.
Procedure To Apply For Birth Certificate In Rajasthan Offline
The residents of Rajasthan who face troubles while applying for a birth certificate online and choose to do it through conventional means can either visit the nursing home/hospital where the child has been delivered, or visit the nagar palika, municipal corporation, nagar palika parishad, or the gram panchayat office nearest to them along with all the required documents.
However, one must be aware that he/she then has to visit the office on a regular basis since the offline working procedure of the government offices takes a lot of time and patience.
In the online procedure, you don’t need to worry about these things as you just have to login and enter your registration details. After that, the portal will show you the real-time status of your application.
Documents Required To Apply For A Birth Certificate In Rajasthan
You must have these documents mentioned below if you want to apply online for a birth certificate or by using traditional method in Rajasthan:
- Discharge Certificate from the government or private hospital/nursing home where the child was born.
- A valid proof of identity of the child’s parents (any one will do: aadhar card, voter ID card, ration card etc.)
- Proof of address of the child’s parents (optional)
- Certificate of marriage of the child’s parents (optional)
- A few passport-size photographs (optional)
As per the act of registration of births of 1969, a person can obtain their child’s birth certificate from:
- the medical officer of the government hospital in which the child was born within 21 days,
- the medical head of the private hospital/nursing home within one year,
- from the municipal borough if the child was delivered at home. Please note that the head of the family has to report everything to the healthcare unit of the concerned municipality.
Birth Certificate Download Rajasthan
Due to the introduction of online civil registration websites, people can now apply and download birth certificates very easily, without even visiting the concerned office in Rajasthan.
If you are wondering how it is possible, then the following steps shows the easy proceedings of Birth Certificate Download Rajasthan:
- To begin with this process, you first have to visit the https://pehchan.raj.nic.in/pehchan2/Mainpage.aspx web portal.
- Once the homepage opens, you have to navigate to the “Download certificate” option and click on it.
- After the next page opens, you have to choose the next option depending on the incident/date of birth, mobile number, or the registration number. Now if you want to download the certificate using your working mobile number, then you have to click on the “mobile number” option.
- After that, you will have to enter your working mobile number and then click on “search”.
- At last, your birth certificate will get displayed on the screen which you can download on your device easily and print it out later on.
However, you must make sure that you have successfully completed all the online procedures to apply for a birth certificate before you download the same. Because, only after completing those steps of birth certificate application, you will be able to download the birth certificate from the Rajasthan government’s civil registration web portal.
Birth Certificate Rajasthan Fees
You will obtain the first copy of a birth certificate free of cost if you can register within one year after the birth of your child. After that, you will need to pay INR 100 every time you request for a copy of the certificate.
Q1. What will happen if I don’t have a birth certificate in Rajasthan?
Ans. Since a birth certificate counts as an important document, you will have to contact the concerned registration office in Rajasthan in case you don’t have one.
Q2. How can I get an online birth certificate Rajasthan?
Ans. To obtain an online birth certificate Rajasthan, you will have to go to the civil registration website of the Rajasthan government:
Leave a Reply