Just like other states in India, it is compulsory to get the birth of every child registered under the Karnataka government according to the “Act of Birth Registration of 1969”. This crucial document Birth Certificate Karnataka issued by the chief registrar of the state is essential for proving the individual’s age, identity, and nationality. Plus, it is useful in various situations in a person’s life.
In this article, we will let you know all the details involved in applying for birth certificate online in Karnataka, steps to download birth certificate online Karnataka and more.
Apply for Birth Certificate Karnataka Online
With the help of a Civil Registration System web portal launched by the government of Karnataka, now people in Karnataka can apply for a birth certificate easily from practically anywhere.
To do that, you just need to follow the steps written below carefully:
- First, go to the official CRS website of the government of Karnataka: Ejanma Karnataka
- Then you have to register yourself as a new user by entering the details as asked and proceed ahead.
- Once the registration is done, you can apply for new registration.
- Then you’ll have to type your valid mobile number to get OTP.
- After entering the OTP and submitting it, wait patiently.
- As the birth registration form gets displayed, you will have to enter the requested information of the child, and other details.
- After that you’ll, have to upload the discharge certificate received from the hospital/nursing home.
- Then you’ll have to carefully search for mistakes and rectify tthem. If you feel everything is alright, submit it.
- Once your application is processed, you will get an unique acknowledgment number for your future reference.
You can refer to this particular Ejanma Karnataka website for checking the status of your birth registration as well. Just enter the acknowledgement number you received while applying after visiting the portal, and you’ll be shown the details.
Documents for Birth Certificate Karnataka Online
If you want to apply for a birth certificate through traditional means or online in Karnataka, you must carry the following documents along with you:
- Proof of birth place where the child was born like the Discharge Certificate from the nursing home, clinic, or hospital.
- Proof of identity of the child’s parents (any one among: aadhar card, electoral roll, ration card etc.)
- Residence proof of the child’s mother and father (if asked)
- Valid certificate of marriage of the child’s mother and father (if asked)
As per the birth registration act, an Indian citizen must get the birth registration certificate of his/her child from:
- the medical chief of the private clinic within a year
- the medical officer of the general hospital where the child was delivered within 21 days
- the borough in case the birth of the child was at a public place or home as soon as possible (the event must be reported by the head of family to the concerned municipality’s healthcare unit)
Download birth certificate online Karnataka
People in Karnataka can now directly apply for birth registration, check the status of birth certificate, and download birth certificate online Karnataka with the help of an official online web portal. You just have to visit the official Ejanma Karnataka or BBMP website to download the birth certificate, just like the application process. But you must complete all the above-mentioned steps to apply for a birth certificate before downloading the birth certificate successfully. Because to check the status of your application, you will need an unique acknowledgement number which is sent to you after you complete the application process. Only then, you will be able to download the prepared birth certificate, if it is ready.
Written below are the steps to download birth certificate online Karnataka through Ejanma portal for your easy reference:
- Go to the official Ejanma Karnataka website and login using your registration details like username and password.
- After the portal opens, choose the “birth free copy” option to get the birth certificate.
- Then fill in the requested details like name of child, date of birth, mother’s name, father’s name and click submit.
- A new page will open with your registration number, you have to click on it.
- Now you can download and print the birth certificate.
Steps to Search for Birth Certificate in Karnataka Online
Follow the steps written below to search for your birth certificate online in Karnataka:
- Go to Ejanma website and choose Birth Verification.
- Then choose “birth” option, fill in your registration number, birthday, captcha, and tap on “search”
- If everything is entered correctly, your birth certificate will be displayed on the next page.
Birth Certificate Karnataka Fees
This table enlists the costs involved in the registration of birth of a child in Karnataka:
|Registration Period||Fees (INR)|
|Registered within 21 days (after child’s birth)||Free|
|Registered after 21 days (after child’s birth)||2|
|Registered after 30 days and within one year (after child’s birth)||5|
|Registered one year after child’s birth||10|
Note: Although the first copy of a birth registration certificate costs zero (provided the person registered within a year after the child’s birth), one has to pay 100 INR for every copy of the certificate next time onwards.
Q1. Is it possible to change my name on the birth certificate in Karnataka?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to change your name on the birth certificate in Karnataka. But, it is very difficult and time taking to do so.
Q2. How long is a birth certificate valid in Karnataka?
Ans. A birth certificate is valid for lifetime in Karnataka.
Leave a Reply