Is your bike registration about to expire? Don’t worry, you can renew it even after 15 years. But before you do, you need to get a bike fitness certificate.
This article will teach you how to renew your bike fitness certificate after 15 years, step-by-step. We’ll also cover the required documents and fees.
By renewing your bike fitness certificate, you can ensure that your bike is safe and roadworthy. You’ll also avoid getting fined by the police.
Read this article carefully and follow the instructions to renew your bike fitness certificate today!
Need of bike fitness certificate and Renewal
The bike registration certificate (RC) expires after 15 years. You should renew bike fitness certificate after 15 years from the date of its original issuance.
The re registration of two wheeler after 15 years should be done one month before RC expires.
Essentially, there are two scenarios in which you must re-register your vehicle:
- According to the Central Motor Vehicles Act, vehicles must be re-registered 15 years after their initial registration date. After the second renewal, the vehicle is re-registered every five years until the Road Transport Department declares it fit for Indian roads.
- If you are moving from one state to another, you must re-register your vehicle. The vehicle must be re-registered if it has been in a different state for 12 months or more, according to the law.
Irrespective of states, you have to do re registration of vehicle after 15 years or RC Renewal after 15 years in all states like Telangana, Karnataka, Maharashtra , Delhi so on etc remaining all states of India.
Why you Need FC & Re-Registration of Bike After 15 Years?
- Two wheeler fitness certificate and re-registration of Bike tells your bike is good to go. Your bike is in good condition. It won’t break down or cause any accidents.
- Bike fitness certificate and RC indicate that your bike is emitting enough of pollutants. This is to protect our environment.
- And obviously, it is illegal to drive without FC.
So in short, yes FC and RC is compulsory for vehicle. Because it is one of the most important document. Reason being, it tells that your bike meets the required standards of- Safety and Emission
How to Get a Bike Fitness Certificate After 15 Years Online?
If you are thinking of how to apply for a fitness certificate for bike after 15 years, online or offline, the following procedure will help.
- Form 25: Duly filled up
- Registration Certificate in original
- Pollution Certificate
- Valid Insurance Certificate
- Produce the vehicle before the registering authority for inspection.
- Pay the renewal RC fee at the cash counter and collect the receipt.
- The department issues a new Registration Certificate.
It may help Re Registration procedure of vehicle
Guidelines for bike fitness certificate
Every registration certificate is probably renewed not more than 60 days before the date of its expiry of the registration for its continuous use.
- Apply for renewal of rc, certificate of registration in Form 25 to the Registering Authority in whose jurisdiction the vehicle is, not more than 60 days before the date of its expiry
re-registration of vehicle after 15 years
- Pay the due taxes on vehicle, if any
- Pay the appropriate fee as specified in Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989
Documents required for two wheeler fitness certificate
- Application in Form 25
- Pollution under control certificate
- Fitness certificate*
- Certificate of registration*
- Proof for the payment of up-to-date road tax paid*
- Insurance certificate*
- Copy of PAN card or Form 60 & Form 61 (as applicable)*
- Chassis & Engine Pencil Print*
- Signature Identification of owner*
Process for bike fitness certificate
The following is a step-by-step process required to fitness certificate for bike after 15 years or RC renewal
- Get a Form and fill in the required details and signed it
- Submit it to the RTO where your vehicle was first registered
- Pay the fee.
- Now, RTO will inspect your bike.
- Once the inspection is done, RTO will approve it. You will receive your fitness certificate.
A vehicle needs renewal RC in primarily two conditions. Firstly, the Central Motor Vehicles Act makes it mandatory for all private vehicles to re-registration a vehicle after 15 years from the date of original registration. Subsequently, the registration must renew in 5 years as long as the RTO considers the vehicle safe and roadworthy.
Requirements to consider before fitness certificate for bike after 15 years
- Maintain the vehicle.
- Consider denting and painting your vehicle.
- To pass the pollution test fine-tuned the engine.
- Consider servicing and set your engine.
- All electrical equipment for instance backlight, sensors, the indicator should function.
- Make sure the vehicle is functioning before renewal rc
- Similarly without problems in the pickup, extra noise in engine or suspension.
Bike fitness certificate renewal price
Fees and charges for Renewal RC or re registration of vehicle after 15 years online fees is given as:
Penalty for late Registration renewal
In case of delay for applying renewal RC or re register of bike or car, You have to pay penalty for late car registration renewal. An additional fee of 300 Rupees for delay of every month or part therefore in respect of motorcycles. On the other hand,500 Rupees for delay of every month or part therefore in respect of other classes of non-transport vehicles shall be levied.
Even if the registration expires, the RTO renews the RC after 15 years. If you do not receive a citation for terminated registration, you can re-register your vehicle after 15 years within 90 days or even six months after the RC has expired.
In short, fill out Form 25 and fill in all of the required columns. It must be accompanied by the original registration certificate, a valid pollution certificate, and an insurance certificate. The vehicle is then inspected in front of the registering authority. After that, pay the re-registration fees at the cash register and get a receipt. The department will then issue a new registration certificate.
Your month of expiration won’t change. In case of a delay, subsequently, a penalty is charged. We hope we simplified the process for you and clarified the steps, fees, and documents required.
You can book order online. For any query or concern please speak to one of our relationship manager over phone or chat. You can also write to us. We will get back to you.
How much is the penalty for late re registration of bike in India?
Well penalty for late re-registration of bike in India depends on the state and the RTO. But the approx fine is RS.300 per month for each month that you are late. So if it's almost 6 months, then your fine would be 1800
What happens to bike after 15 years?
You bike fitness test need to be done after 15 years from RTO. If it passes the test renew registration with RTO. In general, re registration is more expensive for older bikes. It is advisable to get fitness certificate renewed every 5 years for private bikes. And every year for commercial bikes.
How can I renew my registration after 15 years in India?
To renew your registration after 15 years in India, you need to follow these steps- Fill Form 25 > Submit form,document and fee > Book an appointment slot > Visit the RTO on the scheduled date > Your vehicle inspection will happen > RTO will approve registration after 15 years in India
Is FC compulsory for bike?
Yes, FC is compulsory for bike. Bike fitness certificate because it is one of the most important document. Reason being, it tells that your bike meets the required standards of- Safety and Emission
What is RC and FC?
RC means Registration Certificate- A document that proves that your vehicle is registered with the Indian government
FC means Fitness Certificate- A document that test and tells that vehicle is fit and safe to be driven on the roads