If you are an Indian citizen planning to visit Japan, it is necessary to obtain Japan visa for Indians to travel. You can apply for visa as per purpose of visit like tourism, work, study, or family visit. Before applying, it is important to understand the Japan visa requirements for Indian citizens. Therefore in this article, you will find all details about different visa types, Japan visa application procedure, and requirements like Japan visa price from India.
If you are looking for assistance for Japan visa for Indians, Itzeazy is here to help you. Itzeazy is India’s no.1 visa service provider .
Japan Visa for Indians
Japan offers various types of visas to cater to specific purposes of visit. Indians can apply for respective Japan visa type with related requirements. The common visa types for Indian travelers are-
Types of Japan Visas
- Short-Term Stay / Temporary Visa: For tourists, business trips, or visiting family/friends. It doesn’t allow any type of work in Japan. This short term visa category incudes tourist visa, business visa, and transit visa.
- Long-Term Stay Visas: For non-tourism purposes like work, study, or joining family members. Indians want to visit Japan for work, higher studies, after marriage, highly skilled professional can avail long term Japan visa.
Each Japan Visa for Indians has specific rules and requirements, so make sure to choose the right one for your visit to Japan.
How to apply for Japan visa from India?
Here you can find steps for Japan visa application from India.
- Identify Japan Visa Type: Determine the right Japan visa type for your trip, as per eligibility and necessary documents. Translations may be required if documents are not in English.
- Begin Your Application: Download and complete the Japan visa application form.
- Book an Appointment: You can Schedule an appointment at the VFS Visa Application Centre to submit your application.
- Pay fees: After booking appointment, pay the required japan visa fees. Keep a copy of the visa fee payment when you submit your visa.
- Submission at VFS: Visit the VFS visa application center on the appointment date and time. Submit your complete Japan visa application form along with documents.
- Track Your Application: Receive updates on your application status through VFS.
- Collect Your Passport: After the processing and approval, you can collect your passport with stamp as per preferred mode of collection. While Japan visa application form submission, you can give option to receive passport through VFS or courier.
Note: The embassy accepts diplomatic and official visa applications. Also handles special cases on humanitarian grounds.
Japan visa requirements for Indian citizens
While applying for visa, you must fulfil the Japan visa requirements for Indian citizens. The documents requires as per the visa type are given below-
- Original Passport: The passport should have a validity of at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Japan.
- Coloured Photos: Two recent passport-sized photos are needed. The background should be white matte finish.
- Confirmed Air Tickets: You need to show proof of your travel arrangements. Such as confirmed flight reservations to and from Japan.
- Visa Application Form: You must complete the visa application form accurately with all the required details.
- Travel Itinerary: Provide a detailed itinerary of your travel plans in Japan. It should include information on places you intend to visit and the duration of your stay.
- Financial Documents:
- Salary Slip and Employment Certificate: For employed, it needs to provide salary slips of the last three months with employment certificate from your employer.
- Bank Statements: Original bank statements for the last six months. It should be signed and stamped by bank authorities.
- Income Tax Documents: You need to provide Form 16 or Income Tax Returns (ITR) filed for the last three years .
- Leave Letter: If you are employed or a student an original leaving certificate is needed. It can be from your school, college, or office stating your approved leave duration for the trip.
- Student ID (if applicable): If you are a student, you will need to provide your college or school ID as part of the application.
- Pension Passbook (if applicable): Retired professionals must submit their pension passbook as proof of their retirement status.
- Travel Insurance Policy: A valid travel insurance policy for the entire duration of your stay in Japan is mandatory. It should provide adequate medical coverage and emergency support during your trip.
Japan visa price for Indian
- Japan visa price for Indian is Rs.500 for both single and multiple entries.
- For the transit visa it is Rs.50.
- If you choose to apply through travel agencies, an additional service charge will be applicable.
- When applying through VFS Global, a service charge of Rs.650, inclusive of all taxes, will be levied.
Is there a Japan visa on arrival for Indian citizens?
Indian citizens traveling to Japan cannot obtain a visa on arrival. They must apply for the appropriate Japan visa for Indians at the nearest VFS visa application center with requirements.
How to track the Japan visa application?
Visit the VFS online application tracking website. Provide your reference number and last name in the designated fields to view the current status of your Japan visa application.
How long does it take to process a Japan visa for Indians?
The processing time for a Japan visa is typically 5 - 7 working days.
Can You Extend a Japan Visa?
The possibility of extending your Japan Visa depends on the type of visa you hold. If you have a visa, it's unlikely to be extended. However, for long-stay visas like those for employment, marriage, or studying, you can apply for an extension at your local Immigration Office in Japan. You can submit the extension application up to 90 days before your Visa expires. Keep in mind that what you're extending is the Landing Permit, not the visa itself.
You can book order online. For any query or concern please speak to one of our relationship manager over phone or chat. You can also write to us. We will get back to you.