How to Apply For Student Passport?
The process of applying for a passport when you are a student is not that different from the normal application. The following steps need to be followed by a student in order to apply for passport:
- Collect all the required documentsand paperwork - originals required.
- Visit the official website http://www.passportindia.gov.in- Register yourself and select the passport type.
- Fill the required details carefully and you will obtain the user id and password.
- Using your id and password login on the Passport Seva portal.
- In the next step, we have to enter personal details and the family details.
- At last, the 'Passport details' are obtained.
- Read them and in the self-declaration, you must select the appointment date and venue.
Schedule an appointment by paying the required fee.You have to pay the student's passport application fee in online mode only. The following are the 3 modes of online fee payment.
- Internet Banking.
- Credit/ Debit Card.
- SBI Challan.
- After successful payment, take a printout of the application receipt which contains the Application reference Number or the Appointment Number.
- Visit the designated Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) as per the scheduled time.
- Take the Students passport online Application form along with the required documentsto the representatives.
- Collect the acknowledgement receipt and check the status online.
- In case, there is a problem with the documents or appointment, schedule another appointment. One can schedule up to two appointments in a year.
Documents Required for Student Passport -
Address proof- One of the following documents can be submitted as address proof for Passport:
- Election ID card issued by Election Commission
- Aadhar card
- Phone bill with current address
- Bank passbook of an active bank account (scheduled public & private Indian sector banks and RRBs)
- Rental agreement (registered)
- Income Tax Assessment order
- Water bill with current address
- Electricity bill with current address
- Certificate from reputed employer on letterhead with a seal and signature
- Parents' passport (copy of first and last page)
- The address proof submitted should be of current place of residence only. The passport application form will contain provisions to provide previous places of residence in the year preceding the date of application.
- Aadhar card or e- Aadhar will be accepted as both Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Photo Identity (POI) upon successful validation with the Aadhar database.
- Minor students can submit address proof issued in the name of their parents.
Proof of Date of Birth -
- Birth certificate issued by the local municipal authority or other competitive authority authorized by the Registrar of Births & Deaths
- Secondary school leaving certificate/School leaving certificate. Only certificates issued by recognized boards and educational institutions are valid.
- Student ID card
- Bonafide certificate from the recognized institution where the passport applicant is studying to the effect that he/she is studying in that institution and the original certificates are retained by them.
- In case the original educational certificates are being retained by the current institution photocopies of certificates attested by the head of the institution can be submitted.
Student Passport Renewal
Usually, the Indian Passport is issued for 10 years from the date of issuing. Before that, you can’t renew the passport. In the same way, the renewal of student passport is after 10years. Then, the current passport is cancelled and you will be sanctioned a new passport.
1500 - Applicants have to pay this amount online while booking an appointment with the Passport Service Kendra
The overall process of issuing a student passport takes anywhere between 25 - 30 days.
For more information, visit website - www.passportindia.gov.in