Tatkal Passport is a fast track passport issue or re-issue facility especially provided when any one needs the passport urgently. This facility provides a valuable service if you need to travel abroad all of a sudden and one can apply for fast track passport in case of genuine reason. This scheme issues or re-issues passports immediately on payment of additional fees around Rs. 3500 to 4000. Post police verification is carried out in such applications. Applicant also needs to appear before the officer at Regional Passport Office. The procedure varies slightly from the application for normal passport.
Procedure for Tatkal Passport -
- Register yourself at the official portal of Passport Seva.
- Every individual will be given a unique ID and password. Login with your ID and password.
- Select options of Apply of Fresh or Re-issue, as applicable in your case.
- Select a Tatkal option in the scheme type.
- Download the application form and fill the form.
- Submit the filled in form onlineand complete the payment procedure.
- Print out the receipt of online payment.
- Book an appointment at the nearest Passport Service Kendra (PSK)
- Visit your RPO or Passport Seva Kendra as per fixed appointment with print out of receipt. Also carry all documents in original and self-attested photo copies.
Documents Required for Tatkal Passport
Address proof - One of the following documents can be submitted as address proof for Passport.
- Election ID card with present address
- Aadhar card
- Phone bill with current address
- Gas connection
- Bank passbook
- Rental agreement if staying in a rented house
- Income Tax Assessment order
- Water bill with current address
- Electricity bill with current address
- Certificate from employer on letterhead with a seal and signature
- Passport of the spouse
- Parents' passport
Age proof - Any of the following documents can be submitted as proof of age for passport:
- Birth certificate issued by the municipal authority or any other office authorized to issue the birth certificate
- School leaving certificate/ Secondary school leaving certificate
- Certificate sworn before a magistrate
- A standard affidavit as per Annexure I on normal stamp paper and duly notarized.
- Also submit Print out of your application, online payment receipt and colour photographs with light or white background.
Tatkal Passport Fees -
3500 and 4000 - First time applicant or renewal of passport with expedited ('tatkal') service (36 pages and 60 pages respectively) with 10 year validity.
Tatkal Passport Duration-
Your passport will be dispatched by authorities within one working day if the police verification is not required. If post passport issuance police verification is required, your passport will be dispatched on the third working day. Though there will be post police verification, your passport will be dispatched without waiting for the police verification report.
For more information, visit website - www.passportindia.gov.in