If you are looking for renewal of driving licence after expiry , in this article we are going to explain how to renew driving licence or how to do DL renewal.
If you own a vehicle then you probably have a driving license. But every driving license has a validity period (normally 20 years) after that you have to renew it or you may have to pay a fine for it. If you are wondering how to renew your driving license, you are in the right place. Here I will explain how to renew your driving license step by step.
Documents Required for Renewal of Driving Licence after expiry :
If you do renewal of driving licence in online mode, most of the documents will be needed as a softcopy (pdf or jpg).
If you want to do it offline then you have to take the following documents with you when you go to your state RTO.
- Duly filled Form 9 or the application form.
- Form 1A filled and also signed by a certified doctor (If you are above the age of 40 years)
- Your original expired driving license.
- 3-5 passport-size photographs.
- Aadhar card.
- Copy of age and address proof ( self-attested ).
May be useful
Process to Renew Driving Licence Online
Now for applying for renewal of driving licence online after expiry you have to visit your state RTO official website
Now follow these steps—
- After clicking that link a page will open, select your state, now click on “apply online” then select “service on driving license”.
- On the next page, you will find a set of instructions, read those click on continue.
- Now you have to enter your driving license details, date of birth, etc. after filling those click on “proceed”.
- On the next page check the box “Renewal of DL”, then click proceed.
- On the next page, you will see all your details and driving license details. If you want anything changed then click on “update”. Next, fill in the captcha and submit it.
- On the next page print the acknowledgment paper and click next.
- Now you have to upload the required documents. But before that download form 1A from the upper right corner. Now to upload the document check the option and proceed.
- After successfully uploading all documents upload your photo and signature and then click proceed to payment.
- After successful payment print the receipt and click next.
- Now fill your application no and DOB and submit.
- Next, an OTP will send to your mobile no fill it and submit it.
- On the next page select your appointment date and click on book slot.
- Now print the appointment letter.
Now you have to go to your state RTO office with all the documents, appointment letter, application letter, and duly filled form 1A on our booked date and time and submit them in the office. Your renewed driving license will be sent to you by post.
Govt Website Official website to renew your driving licence
Process to Renew Driving Licence Offline
You can also apply to renew your driving license offline but it may be a little time-consuming.
You have to follow these steps.
- Go to your state RTO and collect the application form and other forms.
- Fill them correctly, attach your photo and submit all the required documents attached with the application form.
- Now the RTO will verify your application form and documents.
- After verification, you will receive your renewed driving license.
In most cases, you will get the renewed DL on the same day or in 2-3 days. But it can take longer, even up to 30 working days. You can find application form here as offline DL
Queries about the renewal of driving licence after expiry
- You have to apply for renewing your driving license under 30 days of the expiry date otherwise you will have to pay a fine. The amount depends on the type of your DL.
- If your renewed DL is of a non transport vehicle then its validity will be 5 years, if it is for transporting vehicle then it will be valid for 3 years.
- If you are applying offline, take every document with you or you will have trouble.
I hope you have found your answer and it helped you. Bye-bye, have a nice day.