Birth of a child is one of the most wonderful things in the world and it is very important to register it as it will be the official testimony of beginning of a new life. the document which records the birth is called birth certificate. But what if your parents or guardians failed to register your birth for some reason? There you will need a Non Availability Of Birth Certificate (NABC).it is an official document that assures the registration of unregistered birth. If you are wondering about the procedure, don’t worry I have covered it below but before that….
What is the need for Non Availability Of birth Certificate
If your birth is not registered and don’t have Non availability of birth certificate you will face many problems–
- As per the registration of births and death act 1969 it is mandatory to register every birth in the country with the concerned state government within a period of 21 days of birth.
- Without birth certificate you will be unable to apply for most of official schemes or cannot make any legal document like passports, OCI, visa, pan-card etc.
- The birth certificate will be required as a supporting document for authorizing you as a citizen of your country.
But if you have an Non Availability Of Birth Certificate (NABC), it will work as your birth certificate.
Also read how to renew your driving lisence
Documents required for obtaining Non Availability of Birth Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card (not mandatory)
- Voter ID Card
- Ration Card
- Educational record
Now for date of birth proof you will need the followings
- Nursing home/Hospital Report/Vaccination card
- Certificate from School signed by the Headmaster
- Duly filled application Form 10 with an affidavit drafted on stamp paper worth rupees 20 or more.
How to apply for Non Availability of Birth Certificate online
The online procedure for applying Non Availability of Birth Certificate is quite easy.
Just follow these steps—
- First find your state MC official website and register yourself on the website.
- After registration login to your account, find the option to download forms and download the form titled “Issuance of delayed birth order”, it will look like this – [ sample preview of the form]
fill the form with correct information.
- Now scan the required documents and upload them when asked.
- After submitting the documents, a page will open with option of online payment. Pay the required fee and print the e-receipt.
- You will also get a reference number. Note it, you can check your application status via that number
After all that your application and documents will be verified and approved by the concerned authority. Your Non Availability of Birth Certificate (NABC) will be delivered to you by post. It can take 1 week to 1 month or more so keep patience.
How to apply for Non Availability of Birth Certificate offline
In order to get non availability of birth certificate you have to follow these steps
- Visit your state municipal main office.
- Next take a form 10 from the counter and feel it
- Next submit the form with the required documents go to the payment counter and pay the required fees to the issuing officer
- Now the concerned authorities will verify the details of your application and documents and after their approval the process will go further. if hey they need any clarification, they will communicate with you.
- After all the process done you will be notified to collect your non availability of birth certificate
I hope this article helped you. If you liked it, please share and don’t forget to comment if you need any help. Bye-bye! Have a nice day.