Fitness certificate for commercial vehicles or private vehicles is mandatory in India
The Motor Vehicles Act states that a vehicle must have a fitness certificate issued by the manufacturer, and also, another fitness certificate issued by the state RTO authorities after the inspection of its condition, its pollution certificate, tax, insurance, and other such details.
Therefore, fitness Certificate of commercial vehicles is compulsory annually.
This category comprises all public transportation motor vehicles, for example, buses both busses used by private schools as well as Public Transport, taxis and auto-rickshaws.
Procedure to apply offline of fitness certificate for commercial vehicles
- To apply for Vehicle Fitness certificate (FC),the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which his area belongs to.
- Completed Application Form for FC:
- Form 20
- Form 38 for Transport Vehicles
- Also, make sure you have all the necessary documents to process the application
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying for this procedure
- Application forms are also available the appropriate RTO offices
- The applicant should bring in their vehicle for inspection.
- Submit the completed application forms along with documents in the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Inspection of the vehicle for fitness as per norms is carried out to issue FC
Procedure to apply online of fc for commercial vehicles
- Use the online portal Parivahan
- Enter the registration Number as prompted and hit “PROCEED”
- A new screen will open to give options to choose from. Choose “Apply for Fitness Renewal/Re-Apply after Fitness being failed” to get a new screen.
- Enter your Chassis(Last 5 digits) number and click the button next to the chassis number box
- In the next screen, Fill in required details and upload documents to process the online procedure
- Take a printout of acknowledgement and application form.
- Go to RTO on the scheduled date to submit and process the request process further
Documents required to apply fitness certificate for commercial vehicles
the list of the documents that are needed to apply for a vehicle fitness certificate:
- Application form 22 for certificate of compliance with pollution and safety standards of roadworthiness
- Receipt for Tax duly paid
- The Original Registration Certificate
- Certificate of Insurance
- A valid Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Certificate of Permit, as per the requirement
- Pencil imprint of motor Vehicle Chassis
- Address Proof – It can be any one of the following
- Aadhaar Card
- Ration Card
- Voters Identity Card
- Any valid Life Insurance Policy document
- Payslips either issued by any Government office or any corporate
- Proof of age: It can be any one of the following
- Pan Card
- Aadhaar Card
- School matriculation certificate
- Voter’s identity card
- Birth certificate
- Passport-sized photograph
Fitness certificate for Commercial vehicles, the vehicle fitness certificates are effective for 2 years period for a newly bought vehicle and then it is renewed for a year.
Fess and user charges
The Motor vehicle Act 1989 imposes a penalty of INR 100 for not producing a vehicle fitness certificate for the 1st time. For the following offences, the amount rises up to INR 300. Point to note that penalty for not taking a valid vehicle fitness certificate might be as high as INR 2000 till about INR 5000.
Steps to take if you fail when you vehicle Fitness test
The RTO examiner will not issue a vehicle fitness certificate when your vehicle does not satisfy the term as per the Motor vehicle Act, 1989.
In addition, the officer-in-charge has to give you in writing stating the reason why your vehicle failed
Also, The RTO examiner will notify the registering authority the same.
In this case, Firstly, complete all servicing and repair of the vehicle.
Secondly, apply for the refurbishment of the vehicle fitness certificate.
Thirdly, bring the vehicle for a review,
Fourthly, you will need to apply for a fresh vehicle fitness certificate with fresh payments
The vehicle is bodily inspected by RTO inspector for fitness.
The vehicles that comply with the required rules for certain parts of the vehicle are treated to be appropriate for usage on the road.
The fc for commercial vehicle is valid for 2 years and then renewed every 2 years.
The government website ” Parivahan Sewa” advice application of fitness certificate 30 days before it expires.
In short, the process includes submitting the filled form to the RTO registered with proper documents. After that, the vehicle is inspected on appointed day and time.
Depending on the vehicle performance you will be awarded or rejected for fitness certificate.
(n.d.). Retrieved September 19, 2020, from https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
(n.d.). retrieved September 19, 2020, from https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/