As we all know a passport is one of the most sensitive documents anyone could ever have so many different steps ad procedures are involved in the making of the passport. And therefore, Passport police verification is one of them. In this article, we will discuss the passport police verification process, the passport police verification status and documents required for police verification for passport one by one. So, let’s begin.
Passport Police Verification
In passport police verification all of your documents are verified by sending an officer to the address that you have given in your passport. Just to check whether your details are legit or not. Police verification is basically to check whether the identity and the address of the person are correct or incorrect.
The passport police verification process can be different in different states according to different norms. A police officer comes to your address. And then you have to show him all of your original documents to support your identity. Let’s see how to check passport police verification status and what is the passport police verification process. The documents required for police verification for passport.
Passport police verification process
All of the police stations conduct the passport police verification process by sending a Police Office to your address and then verifying all of your documents. But the verification is only done when they receive a notification from the Passport Office. And once you have applied for the passport then you will have a police verification automatically in 1-2 weeks.
And if you want to book an appointment for the passport police verification then you can also go to the passport Seva website by clicking here
Step Guide: Passport Police Verification Process
To book a passport police verification you need to follow these steps: –
- You need to go to the “Passport Seva” website. And if you already have a login Id then you have to go and log in into the passport portal with the Id. Or if you don’t have a login Id then you have to click on the button “Register Now”.
- After completing the whole registration process. You need to login into the passport portal with the new login id that you have just made.
- Once you have reached the main passport page then you have to find the “Apply for police clearance certificate”. And then after finding the option you have to click on the option and then you will be redirected to the form and then you have to fill in the details which are required to fill the form.
- And then after that, you need to go to the “book your appointment” option, and then you have to book an appointment for yourself.
- Then you have to check the appointment availability by entering the nearest passport office. And after selecting the passport office you have to fill out the captcha. Then you have to go and fill an appointment for the nearest passport office near you. And then you have to go and pay the amount.
- Then after booking the appointment you will be given an application reference number (ARN). And then you will also receive an SMS on your entered mobile number
- Then you have to visit the registered passport office at the given time and the date.
- And when visiting the passport office, the one thing that you have to keep In mind is that you have to bring all of your original documents and as well as the photocopy of your documents. You must at least have a minimum of 3 -5 documents for the verification.
Now we will discuss how to check passport police verification status as well as documents required for police verification for passport. So, keep reading the article.
How to check passport police verification status?
You’ve probably figured out what the passport police verification process entails. To check the passport police verification status, you must first understand the different track statuses of the whole police verification process. This will explain the many stages of the police verification process. And, if you want to track the status then you must keep these three terms in the mind. The three stages of police verification are.
Every different status has a different meaning when it comes to police verification.
Passport police verification status
This passport police verification status means that there are no issues or any mistakes in the application file which you have submitted for your passport.
This passport police verification status means that there are some of the mistakes that the police found in the documents provided by you or in your passport application during the time of visiting and verifying the documents provided by you.
This can also lead to delaying or cancellation of your passport application file. So, you have to make sure that you should provide all the original documents that you have submitted to the passport office at the time of submitting your passport application.
The passport police verification status means that the information provided by you is incomplete. The status can also so incorrect if the police have not filled out the verification form correctly and uploaded it on the passport portal. In these cases, the police can also declare the status incomplete if the person does not live in his/her given address.
If there is another status other than clear then the passport applicant can head over to the designated police station. And then you can clear all of your issues there.
Now we will take a look at what documents required for police verification for passport.
Form of police verification for the passport
There are 2 forms of passport police verification process
Pre police verification
If the police station which also falls under an applicant’s address jurisdiction conducts this verification. The officer verifies details submitted by the applicant such as name, age, address.
Post Police verification for verification
In this case, the police verification is conducted after issuing an applicant’s passport
Documents Required for Police Verification for Passport
When the police officer comes to your address then you have to show him the original documents that are necessary for the police verification of the passport. The documents which are required for verification are
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Number
- Driving License
- PAN card
All these documents should be submitted. However, all the minors that are below the age of 18 don’t need to go for the police verification.
Police verification is one of the most crucial and as well as last steps of the whole passport formation process. And keeping that in, mind you should always provide all the original documents just to be sure that your identity is real.
Now I will wrap up the topic of passport police verification status, passport police verification process and documents required for police verification for passport.,