Are you looking for passport office Chennai? Also, if want to know all the details then you have come across the right place. So first, let us understand Indian Passport. With the passport, Indian citizens can travel internationally with an Indian passport issued by the Ministry of External Affairs of India. It allows the bearer to travel internationally and according to the Passports Act serves as proof of Indian citizenship. Let’s take a look at Passport Seva Kendra Chennai or the Regional Passport Office Chennai.
Passport Seva Kendra Chennai
Contact details of Passport Seva Kendra Chennai or the Regional Passport Office Chennai.
Address: Royala Towers, Anna Salai,
Chennai- Tamil Nadu -600002
Phone no: 044 – 28518848
Email ID – email@example.com
Documents for Passport Seva Kendra Chennai
What are the documents you must required to make passport in Chennai?
The applicant must submit several documents to the passport seva kendra Chennai when applying for an Indian passport. Here, we look at the list of documents that must be submitted in order to obtain a new passport or for other purposes such as renewal and reissue. We will discuss all the details about that further.
For Fresh Passport:
1. Any public sector bank, private sector bank, or regional rural bank must have a photo passbook of an active bank account.
2. Voter ID
3. Aadhaar card
4. Electricity bill
5. PAN card
6. Driving licence
7. Income Tax Return
8. Birth Certificate
For Reissue/Change in Address/Date of Birth/ Name:
1. Old passport
2. Self-attested photocopy of:
The first two and last two pages
Page of validity extension
Page of observation made by Passport Issuing Authority
3. No Objection Certificate (NOC)
4. Original Documents which must carry with you at passport office if you apply offline.
5. Proof of Date of Birth (In case of Change in DOB)
6. Proof of present address (In case of change in Address)
7. Affidavit stating how and where the Passport got lost or stolen or damage. (If stolen)
8. Police report in original (If stolen)
9. Recent Passport Size Photo (In case of change in appearance)
These are some of the documents you must possess to reissue your passport from the regional passport office Chennai.
Procedure to apply for passport in Chennai
What is the procedure to apply or reissue the passport in Chennai?
If you want to apply for a passport in Chennai, you can do so at the regional passport office Chennai. Both an offline and an online procedure is provided. You can apply for a passport at a Passport Seva Kendra in Chennai or you can apply via the online portal.
Apply for a passport via Regional Passport Office Chennai
First, we will discuss the Offline method in which you need to go to your nearest regional passport office Chennai:
1. The passport application can be filled out and submitted manually at the passport office in Chennai.
2. There are certain guidelines to follow to avoid rejection of the passport form, such as what forms to fill out to apply for a passport and how to fill out the passport form correctly.
3. Forms for passports are available online.
4. The passport website was used to download and print the documents. You can download the form on the website (http://www.passportindia.gov.in/)
If you apply through the Passport Seva Kendra Chennai, you must submit an application form, which you can either download from the passport website or purchase at the PO. You must also submit standard passport photographs, photocopies of required supporting documents and their originals for verification along with the form. To complete the process the required passport fee must be paid in the prescribed manner.
Apply for passport via Passport Seva Kendra Chennai online portal
For the Online process, you must follow the following steps:
1. First of all, visit the official website of Passport Seva Kendra Chennai then, you need to register yourself as a user by clicking on the ‘New User Registration’ if you are a new user.
2. Now you need to click on the following option to download the application form.
3. Now you can login your account after registering you information on the website.
3. Now you need to click on the option ‘Apply for fresh passport/Reissue of Passport’.
4. A form will appear on your window after you click that link. Fill in all of the required information and submit the application.
5. Next, go to the ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ page under the ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’ tab to pay an application fee and schedule an appointment date.
6. Print the application form and the application receipt containing the Application Reference Number after paying the application fee and scheduling an appointment.
7. Bring the original documents to the Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office on the scheduled appointment date.
8. Before submitting an application for an Indian passport at a passport collection centre, applicants must first download and print the application form.
9. Another option is to purchase the application form, fill it out and submit it along with the required documents to the centre.
These steps you must follow to book your appointment with the regional passport office Chennai or Passport Seva Kendra Chennai
How can you check the status of an application for Passport?
To check the status of your passport application, go to Passport Seva Kendra Chennai official website and click on ‘Track Application Status.’ After that, select your application type and enter your file number and birth date. Finally, select ‘Track Status.’
What are the fees you must pay for the Passport?
- Renewal of a passport or purchase of a new passport in regular size with 36 pages and a 10- Year validity period costs Rs. 1500.
- A jumbo passport with 60 pages, new or renewed for ten years, will set you back Rs.2000.
- The cost of renewing or applying for a passport with a 10-year validity will be Rs 2000 in addition to the normal fees. The cost will be determined by the size and number of pages in the passport.
- Minors will be charged Rs.1000 for a passport with a 5-year validity.
- If you lose your passport due to theft or any other reason, you can get a replacement for Rs 1500 for 36 pages regular size and Rs. 2000 for 60 pages, both with a 10-year validity.
I hope this blog has cleared all your queries regarding the Regional Passport Office Chennai and Passport Seva Kendra Chennai. If not, then please mention it in the comment box. I will be happy to resolve them all.