Is there any mistake in your birth certificate? If there is any error and want to do Birth Certificate correction Bangalore? If yes then, Itzeazy has got you covered, here is the ultimate step-by-step guide for bbmp birth certificate correction online as well as offline. We will also go through the required documents and procedures in great detail.
You might need to correct your Name, Father’s name or mother’s name or Date of Birth. Here is the comprehensive guide for this procedure and detailed information.
In metropolitan cities, the Municipal Corporation/Municipal Council issues the birth certificates, however in the rural areas, the authority is with the Tehsildar at the Taluka level, and the Gram Panchayat Office at the village level.
What are the documents required for Birth Certificate correction Bangalore?
The following documents are needed to change your name on your birth certificate correction Bangalore:
- Publication in the newspaper (original and photocopy of advertisement appearing in the newspaper)
- Affidavit of Change of Name for bbmp birth certificate correction online.
- Proforma for changing one’s name that has been prescribed. With the Two witnesses must sign the document, and the following witness information must be required:
- Full Name Address
- Phone Number
- A CD containing a soft copy of the Proforma sans witness information. The applicant’s previous name must be written in where signature is required.
- A certificate certifying that the CD and hard copy have the same details.
- Two passport-size pictures that have been self-attested
- Photocopy of the Applicant’s identity proof (photocopy of any of the following documents would suffice) Aadhar card, passport, voter identification card, PAN card, and driving licence)
- Demand Draft for Fee Payment
- Cover Letter
- Affidavit of Name Change
Now, let’s take a look at the procedure for birth certificate correction in Bangalore.
Birth Certificate correction Bangalore
It is not difficult to modify or update the name on a birth certificate in Bangalore. By following the easy steps outlined below, you can have birth certificate correction Bangalore in your name. Let’s check the bbmp birth certificate correction online as well as offline procedure stepwise.
BBMP Birth Certificate Correction Procedure Offline:
- Step 1: Go to the municipal corporation office or gramme panchayat in Bangalore, where your child was born. Get a ‘Birth Certificate Update/Correction Form.’
- Step 2: For birth certificate correction Bangalore, an affidavit must be prepared. You must first contact a local notary officer in Bangalore. Officer will assist you with stating your existing name and the intended new name, as well as briefly stating the cause for the name change. The Affidavit must be written on a piece of non-judicial stamp paper with a low value.
- Step 3: Complete the correction form and send it to the municipal corporation with an affidavit or certified copy of the original signature of the judge.
- Step 4: Once the application process for bbmp birth certificate correction online is complete, place an advertisement in the local newspaper.
- Step 5: Obtain your name to be published in the state’s official gazette. You can do so by contacting the government press in your state.
Fill out the application and pay the appropriate payments. Your name change notification will be published in the state’s Official Gazette. They’ll email you copies of the documents to the address you provided.
BBMP Birth Certificate Correction Online
For bbmp birth certificate correction online:
- Step 1: To correction for a birth certificate, go to the Birth and Death Registration web portal.
- Step 2: The applicant must first check in to the portal with this link https://crsorgi.gov.in/web/index.php/auth/login.
- Step 3: Fill in all of the relevant information and submit the form.
- Step 4: Print the application form after downloading it. Submit the birth certificate correction form to the Registrar in charge.
- Step 5: After submitting the application for bbmp birth certificate correction online successfully, the applicant will receive a confirmation email to the registered e-mail address.
- Step 6: The application’s status will be updated through email.
What is the format of Name change advertisement?
The following is the format for name change birth certificate correction Bangalore.
I, Rahul S/o Ramesh Arora R/o Model Town, Ludhiana, Punjab-140101. have changed my name and shall hereafter be Known as Rahul Arora.
Once the advertisement is approved, you can publish a small ad in the local newspaper. This is done for public declaration. The format for this is given below:
“I, Rahul, residing at Model Town, Ludhiana, Punjab-140101, have changed my name to Rahul Arora and will be known as Rahul Arora from here on in. I have submitted an affidavit to this effect, which was signed by Notary Public “
What should be the format of the Affidavit?
Affidavit declaring that the name on the birth certificate is erroneous and that you want to change or correct it. The following is the format of affidavit.
How to get name changed to be published in official gazette?
The above-mentioned documents must be sent to the Director of Publication at the above-mentioned address.
Address: Controller of Publication, Department of Publication, Civil Lines, Delhi – 110054,
To have a notification published in the official gazette, you will need to pay either Rs. 700 or Rs. 900 in notification fees. A DD to the Controller of the Publications Office can be used to make the payment.
I hope all the information provided about the Birth Certificate correction Bangalore or bbmp birth certificate correction online is clear. Bit still if you have any doubts regarding that you can mention that in the comment box.