To correct or change in name on a birth certificate isn’t always difficult task. You can get change or correct birth certificates by using easy steps. In today’s article, we will discuss mother name correction in birth certificate online as well as offline.
A birth certificate is issued by Municipal Corporation/Municipal Council in city regions. While in rural regions the authority is the Tehsildar on the Taluka stage, while the authority on the village stage is the Gram Panchayat Office.
Mother name correction in birth certificate is not that difficult if you follow the guidelines. You can get your mother name correction in birth certificate online as well as offline by following the under said easy steps. Let us start with how to do mother name correction in birth certificate online.
Importance of birth certificate:
Following is the importance of a birth certificate:
- Establishing age for insurance reasons
- Proving parentage
- Age evidence for employment
- Age evidence for marriage
- Admission to school/colleges
- Establishing age for enrolling in Electoral Rolls
- Registering in NPR (National Population Register)
- Application for a passport
- Immigration requirements (like getting a green card)
Having all the data correct is essential. So, if there is an error in data, make sure it is corrected. Be it a mother name correction in birth certificate or father name correction in birth certificate.
What are the reasons to change the name on the birth certificate?
The list of the reason why you might need mother name correction in birth certificate online is given below:
- Change in Religion
- Unhappy with the name
- Widow’s Marriage
- Reasons for Numerology
- Incorrect name in an official record
- Adoption of a Child
- Errors in Spelling
- Gender Transition
- Marriage Following Divorce
- Reasons for Astrology
Above all the reason could be the reason why people wants to change the name in birth certificate or want to do mother name correction in birth certificate
Mother Name Correction in Birth Certificate Online
Following are the steps for mother name correction in birth certificate online:
- Get `Birth Certificate Update/correction Form’ from the municipal corporation office or gram panchayat where your child took birth. Or you can download a form from the website https://crsorgi.gov.in/web/index.php/auth/login
- Get an affidavit from a nearby notary and approach the officer concerning mother name correction in birth certificate. Make an affidavit on a non-judicial stamp paper with a mention of the reason for mother name correction in birth certificate online.
- Fill out the correction form and post it to the municipal corporation office alongside an affidavit or certificate copy with the judge’s signature.
- After the compilation of the whole process, publish an advertisement in the newspaper and your state official gazette publication.
That’s all about the procedure of mother name correction in birth certificate online.
Document required for mother name correction in birth certificate
Following are the document are that you need for mother name correction in birth certificate:
- Copy of advertisement published in the newspaper
- Attached photograph
- Birth certificate
- Affidavit of the name change
- Address proof
How to get a name change published in the Official Gazette?
The documents given above noted want to be sent to the Director of Publication at the given address with
“Controller of Publication, Department of Publication, Civil Lines, Delhi – 110054”.
Fees For name change published in the official gazette
The process of getting a notification published in the official gazette might include you spending both Rs. 700 or Rs. 900 for notification. The fees are made thru a DD to the Controller of the Publications office.
In the above article, we have discussed all the things related to mother name correction in birth certificates online. And also the required documents and why people want to change their name on the birth certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: How can I change my name officially in Birth Certificate?
A: A person’s name may be changed affidavit is filed posted an advertisement need to be published and a gazette notification needs to make.
Q 2: How to change name after marriage?
A: After marriage, the name can change with the help of using submitting an application alongside an affidavit before the registrar. You want to notarize the affidavit followed by an advertisement in the official gazette and a newspaper.
Q 3: How much time does it take to change the name?
A: Changing your name normally includes 3 steps. There are all 3 steps following:
1. Submitting an Affidavit
2. Newspaper Publication
3. Gazette Notification.
The whole system should take up to a month and the gazette notification alongside the newspaper advertisement publication can take 2 weeks.
Q 4: Is an affidavit is mandatory for name change in India?
A. Yes, it’s important to document because it indicates the person`s willingness to make changes in the name on the birth certificate. Provides evidentiary worth and brings accountability and verification to the whole process.
Q 5: How much amount it cost to change the name in India?
A: The whole process of official notification takes Rs. 900. And the affidavit is made on Rs. 100 non-judicial stamp paper thereby making the processing fee approximately Rs. 1000 except for the newspaper advertising costs which fluctuate from newspaper to newspaper.
Q 6: Can the name on the passport is different from the birth certificate is possible?
A: No, the name on the passport and the birth certificate should be same. If you changed your name on your birth certificate then you can change your name passport also.