Indian citizens seeking a tourist or business visa to the Philippines may also apply for a visa on arrival in the Philippines. It will be issued to Indian nationals who wish to travel and explore the country solely for tourism or business meetings. The visa is a single-entry visa that is only valid for 2 months from the date it is issued. This visa cannot be extended. This article will also go over how to apply for Philippine visa, Philippines visa requirements for Indian citizens.
Philippines Visa for Indians
Do you want to witness the beautiful landscape of the Philippines? If yes, then you have to avail a Philippine visa. Let’s take a look at the Philippines visa for Indians.
Philippines tourist visa for Indians
Philippines tourist visa for Indians is a common category is granted to Indians who come to the Philippines to engage in tourist activities. These visas are only valid for 14 days in the Philippines. This stay can be extended for an additional 7 days for a Philippines visa for Indians. If you intend to stay in the country for a period longer than 21 days, you must specify this when applying for a visa and request an extension.
Philippines Business Visa
Indian nationals who wish to travel to the Philippines for business or work are granted a Philippines Business visa. This visa is only available to people who do not intend to stay in the country and whose passports are only valid for 6 months after the date of entry.
- Regardless of length of stay in the Philippines, all Indian nationals holding a regular passport require a visa to enter the country. However, Indian nationals holding a diplomatic or official passport intending to stay in the Philippines for less than 30 days need not apply for Philippine visa.
- All Philippines visa for Indians applications are evaluated and approved by the Philippine consular officer.
- Obtaining a Philippines tourist visa for Indians does not guarantee the visitor’s entry into the Philippines. It is just an endorsement made on a travel document denoting that the visa application has been properly examined and that the bearer may be permitted to proceed to the Philippines. However, the immigration authorities at the port of entry have the final decision to admit a foreign national into the Philippines.
- Applicants are requested not to telephone inquiries on the status of a visa application to the consular office. Information and status of any visa application are held in strict confidence by the Consular office. The applicant or authorised representative will be notified of the status of a visa application. Applicants will get notified on the day indicated on the stub provided when the visa application was received.
- Let’s see Philippines visa requirements for Indian citizens
Philippines visa requirements for Indian citizens
To apply for Philippine visa, here are the basic requirements for Philippines visa requirements for Indian citizens.
Basic requirements for all visa applicants:
- Visa application for Philippines visa for Indians
- Coloured passport size photograph taken less than 6 months ago.
- Original bank statements for the last six months stamped and signed by a bank officer.
- Passport which is valid for at least 6 months after the expected stay in the Philippines.
- A photocopy of the amendment and data pages of the applicant’s passport, showing all the details.
- Upon entry into the Philippines, a copy of CONFIRMED return flight details must be submitted to the Philippine immigration officer.
- The visa processing fee must be paid by demand draft drawn from any bank in India. Please note that cash payments are not accepted by the Embassy.
Additional Requirements per Type of Visa Application
Here is the list of additional Philippines visa requirements for Indian citizens.
9A: Temporary Visitor’s Visa for Pleasure (Tourist Visa)
Additionally, you will need these documents for Philippines tourist visa for Indians
- A copy of all Credit cards, travellers’ checks or foreign exchange endorsement of the passport is required as financial proof to apply for Philippine visa .
- Original, signed invitation letter from host (if applicable) including their complete address and telephone number. This letter must be legally notarized in the Philippines.
- If the applicant is employed, their Certificate of Current Employment from Employer must be included. This must include the employer’s full name, address and telephone number, applicant’s length of service and salary details.
- If applicant is self-employed, a photocopy of latest Income Tax Return and copy of Personal Assessment Number (PAN) Card must be submitted.
- If applicant is a student, Certificate of Enrolment or Letter of Acceptance from School.
- If the applicant is the spouse of a Philippine Citizen, the name of the Filipino spouse should be indicated in the visa applicant’s passport. A copy of the Report of Marriage issued by the Philippine Embassy or Philippine National Statistics office should also be submitted.
- If the applicant is an unmarried Minor Child of a Filipino Parent, a Copy of Birth Certificate and Copy of Parent’s valid passports must be submitted.
9A: Temporary Visitor’s Visa for Business (Business Visa)
Here are some additional documents you will require for a Business Philippines visa for Indians
- Original, signed letter of invitation from host family or company in the Philippines. This letter must also be signed by the authorized company official and must be notarized in the Philippines.
- Official letter from company where applicant is employed, mentioning applicant’s purpose of travel to the Philippines, expected duration of stay and number of entries applied for (single entry/ multiple entry), signed by the employer.
- Business registration proof in case the applicant is self- employed
- Taxation proof for the past three years
- Copy of the invitation from the inviting company in Philippines.
- Conference/event registration details which the applicant is visiting.
That’s all there is to it when it comes to Philippines visa requirements for Indian citizens/Philippines tourist visa for Indians. You must pay some fees in order to apply for Philippine visa. The cost of a visa to the Philippines will be discussed in the following section.
Philippines visa cost
The fees to apply for Philippine visa or Philippines tourist visa for Indians are as follows:
|Type of Philippines visa||Amount|
|Single Entry Valid for 3 months (Restricted nationals)||Rs. 3, 160|
|Single Entry Valid for 3 months (Other Nationals)||Rs. 2, 370|
|Multiple Entry Valid for 6 months (Restricted Nationals)||Rs. 6, 320|
|Multiple Entry Valid for 6 months (Other Nationals)||Rs. 4, 740|
|Multiple Entry Valid for 1 year (Restricted Nationals)||Rs. 9, 480|
|Multiple Entry Valid for 1 year (Other Nationals)||Rs. 7, 119|
|Transit visa (Restricted Nationals)||Rs. 3, 160|
|Transit Visa (Other Nationals)||Rs. 1, 580|
|Student Visa||Rs. 19, 750|
|Pre- Arranged Employment Visa||Rs. 31, 600|
|Special Non- Immigrant Visa||Rs. 31, 600|
Validity of a Philippines visa for Indians
The validity of a single- entry temporary visitor’s visa (Philippines tourist visa for Indians and Business visa) is three months. Once expired, the applicant will have to apply for a fresh visa to enter the country.
The validity of a multiple-entry visa temporary visitor’s visa (tourist) is six months.
The validity of a temporary visitor’s visa with multiple-entry for business purposes is six months or one year (can be chosen by the applicant).
To know the Philippines visa requirements for Indian citizens, you can check the section mentioned above.
Length of stay in the Philippines
The evaluation of the visa officer determines the applicant’s authorized stay in the Philippines with a temporary visitor’s visa (Philippines tourist visa for Indians/ business visa). However, for each visit, the authorized stay cannot go beyond a length of 59 days.
If you wish to remain in the country for longer than the maximum allowable period, you can request an extension through the Visa Extension Section in the Philippine Bureau of Immigration, Manila.
In the further section, we will talk about how to apply for Philippine visa
Processing of a Visa:
Regular Processing normally takes 10 working days for a Philippines visa for Indians to be processed. Excluding unexpected circumstances or the need for additional requirements.
Applicants can collect their passport on the eighth working day from the date of submission from Monday to Friday between 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM. Saturday, Sunday, Philippine or Indian holidays and other special days when the consular section will be closed are not counted as working, processing days.
The date and time of collection of your passport will be indicated on your claim stub. Check out the Philippines visa requirements for Indian citizens in the previous section.
How to get Philippines visa for Indians
Applicants may apply for Philippines visa for Indians
- Through a travel agency
- Apply from other countries
Applicants may also apply through a Travel Agency for Philippines Tourist Visa for Indians or Business Visa. They may seek the services of any reputable travel agency to forward the application to the Philippine Embassy, New Delhi.
Even if they will submit the application form through a travel agent for Philippines tourist visa for Indians, it is still expected that the visa applicant will fill out the visa application form themselves. This is done to avoid any inconsistency between the data on the application form and other related supporting documents.
How to apply for Philippine visa
Here are the simple steps you can follow to apply for Philippine visa.
Step 1: Click on http://newdelhipe.dfa.gov.ph to access the PDF file of the visa application form. You must then download it, take a printout, and fill in the form.
Step 2: Attach a passport-sized photograph on it, and sign the form. Please affix your signature on the front side of the photograph too. Book an appointment at the Embassy office to submit your application, along with the Philippines visa requirements for Indian citizens.
Step 4: Following the submission of complete Philippines visa requirements for Indian citizens. The applicant or the applicant’s representative will receive a claim stub containing a transaction number and the date when the passport can be picked up. When the Visa is ready for collection, the Embassy will notify you.
- Visa applications that are submitted by mail or by courier are not accepted.
- Regardless of country of origin, Indian nationals may also apply for a temporary visitor’s visa for business and/or pleasure at the place of legal residence and through Philippine Consulates or Embassies. This is only required in countries that require entry visas to Indian nationals.