In this article, we will talk about How to update Aadhar card online? Your name, residence, phone number, gender, and date of birth are all included on the Aadhaar Card. If you want updation of Aadhar Card, you can do so at an Aadhaar Enrolment Center or the Unique Identification Authority of India’s official website (UIDAI).
How to update Aadhar card online
Online, you can change your name, date of birth, address, and gender. However, update Aadhar card online, your mobile number must be connected to your Aadhaar.
The following is the procedure for updation of Aadhar Card be it a name, address, gender or date of birth information online:
Step 1: Go to https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ and fill out the form.
Step 2: Select ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’ from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Fill in the Aadhaar number as well as the captcha.
Step 4: Select ‘Send OTP’ from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: Enter the one-time password (OTP) that was issued to your registered phone number.
In the next step, select ‘Update Demographics Data.’ for the updation of Aadhar Card
Step 7: On the next page, select the appropriate parameters and click ‘Proceed.’
Step 8 – Make your modifications on the next page. The next step is to upload the necessary documentation.
Step 9 – Now it’s time to go through the information you’ve entered to update Aadhar card online.
Step 10 – Finally, send in your change request. You may track the status of the address change by using the Update Request Number (URN).
Updation of Aadhar Card by Going to an Aadhaar Enrolment Center?
The steps updation of Aadhar Card offline are as follows:
- Fill out the application correction form obtained by requesting one from the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
- Make sure all of the information is correct.
- Submit the application form after the documents have been attached to reflect the changes.
- For updation of Aadhar Card address, a charge must be paid.
What are the Aadhaar Card details that can be changed online?
You can currently edit your address, name, gender, and date of birth information online. To update Aadhar card online, your mobile number must be connected to your Aadhaar. To make any further modifications to your Aadhaar Card, you must go to an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
How to Change Aadhar Address Without Document Proof?
The UIDAI has launched a service that allows you to updation of Aadhar Card address details without having to provide address confirmation. To finish the process, you’ll need to use the ‘Request for Aadhaar Validation Letter.’
The method is broken down into four steps, which are listed below:
Step 1. The first step is for the resident to make the request.
- The resident must log in using his or her Aadhaar number.
- The Aadhaar details of the Verifier must be entered.
- An SRN will be sent to you.
Step 2. Address Verifier Consents
- Click on the link that is delivered to the registered mobile number.
- Log in with your Aadhaar number.
- Give your permission.
Step 3. Address Verifier Consents
The registered mobile number receives a Verifier Consent.
- Enter your SRN to log in.
- Take a look at the address information.
- If necessary, change the language.
- Complete the form and submit it.
Step 4. Complete the User Secret Code
- A letter and the Secret Code will be mailed to you.
- Go to the address updating portal and log in.
- With the help of the Secret Code, change the address.
- Double-check the address before submitting.
- To verify the status of the request, you will be given a URN.
How do I change the phone number on my Aadhaar card?
The following is the method for changing your Aadhaar mobile number:
- Make a trip to the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Complete the form and submit it. Make sure you fill out the form with the right phone number.
- To update your mobile number, you do not need to submit any documentation. A request for an update will be submitted. An acknowledgement slip will be provided.
Documents Required for Aadhaar Card Information Updates or Corrections
If you’re updating the information on your Aadhaar card or applying for your first Aadhaar card, you’ll need a certain set of documents. The documents are categorised into four groups:
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of Relationship
You can submit these papers online while updating your Aadhaar card information. You must, however, visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Center when applying for an Aadhaar card.
Important Things to Keep in Mind When Updating Your Aadhaar
The following are some things to keep in mind when updating your Aadhaar:
- Make sure the information you enter is correct.
- Double-check that all of the spellings are correct.
- Documentary evidence must back up the information you provide.
- Keep the acknowledgement receipt safe.
- Write down your URN so you can keep track of the update’s progress.
Reasons for Rejection of Update Requests
The following are some of the reasons why your updation of Aadhar Card request can be denied:
- The proper procedure isn’t being followed.
- The necessary documents are missing.
- Inaccurate information is provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I’d like to update my Aadhaar-registered mobile number. Is it possible to do it online?
You will need to visit a Permanent Enrolment Centre to update your mobile number because it cannot be done online.
- Will my Aadhaar number change if the data is updated?
No, after the information update, the Aadhaar number will remain the same.
- Is it necessary for me to bring my original documents to the Permanent Enrolment Centre for updating?
Yes, you must bring the original supporting documents with you. They will, however, be scanned and returned to you.
- How long will it take for my Aadhaar to be updated?
It may take up to 90 days for your Aadhaar data to be updated after you submit your request.
- Do I have to pay a fee to update Aadhar card online?
Every time you update your Aadhaar details, you will have to pay a maximum fee of Rs.50 (inclusive of taxes). The UIDAI website has a list of charges that may be downloaded in PDF format.
- How do I change my Aadhaar address to include my father’s or husband’s name?
It is not required that you fill out this information. The address section of Aadhaar contains information about the relationship. It adheres to the Care Of standard.
- Is it possible to do updation of Aadhar Card address in the local language?
In addition to English, you can update your address on your Aadhaar in Kannada, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Malayalam, Odia, Marathi, Urdu, Tamil, Punjabi, and Telugu.