We will take a look at Aadhar card address change documents. The Aadhaar Card number, which is 14 digits long, has become a prerequisite for numerous government and corporate initiatives.
The Aadhaar card, issued by the Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), is a one-of-a-kind document that includes biometric credentials such as a person’s fingerprints and iris, as well as standard identity information such as name, date of birth, gender, and address.
When utilizing the Aadhaar card as a document to obtain benefits, it is vital to have accurate and up-to-date information on the card. If you need to update your address on your Aadhaar card, you can do so online or at an Aadhaar enrolment centre near you.
The Self Service Amend Portal allows you to update your Aadhaar card’s address online (SSUP). This portal is for Aadhaar cardholders who want to update or modify their addresses on their card without having to go to the office. When requesting a change of address, a fee of Rs 50 must be paid. Let’s dig into the Aadhar card address change documents
Aadhar card address change documents
The following is a list of Aadhar card address change documents required to update your Aadhaar address:
You’ll need a scanned copy of the Proof of Address to update your Aadhaar address (POA). According to the UIDAI, 45 documents will be accepted as valid POAs for altering address information.
Passport, bank statement/passbook, post office account statement/passbook, ration card, voter ID, driving licence, electricity bill/water bill/Telephone landline bill/credit card statement, gas connection bill (within the last three months), and tax receipt (not older than one year). A person can use his or her spouse’s passport as a POA.
Documents of Address Proofs
Other than Aadhar card address change documents there are list of documents that will require for registration of Aadhar
One of the most significant documents to present to the approved Aadhaar centre is documents containing proof of the applicant’s residential address. Because the Aadhaar card is issued to the location indicated by the applicant in the form, these documents must be accurate.
If the applicant fails to provide or the right Aadhar card address change documents, he may be denied an Aadhaar card. The UIDAI accepts the following papers as evidence of address for Aadhaar registration:
- Passbook or Bank Statement
- Post Office Account Statement or Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter Identification Card
- Driving License of the Applicant
- Photo identification cards issued by the Government
- PSU issued a Service photo ID card with the address
- Previous three months’ electricity bill
- Previous three months’ water bill
- Previous three months’ landline bill related to telephone
- Receipt showing the amount paid
- Photo and signed letter with the address on bank letterhead
- Signed letter with address and photo on firm letterhead issued by the registered office
- NREGS job card
- Arms licence
- Pensioner card
- Freedom fighter card
- Kisan passbook
- CGHS/ECHS card
- Address certificate with a photo on their letterhead issued by an MP, MLA, Gazetted Officer, or Tehsildar
- For rural areas, the Village Panchayat head or any authority equal to them issues an address certificate.
- Address certificate issued by the Village Panchayat head or any authority equivalent to them for rural areas
- An income tax assessment order
- A car registration certificate
- A registered agreement for the sale, lease, or rent of the applicant’s residence address
- A photo and address card from the Department of Posts
- A caste and domicile certificate from the State Government, together with a photo
- A previous three-month gas bill
- Spouse’s or partner’s passport
- For minors, a parent’s passport is required
- Accommodation allotment letter issued by Central/State Govt. (not more than 3 years old)
- Certificate of Marriage issued by the Government containing the address
- Bhamashah Card/Jan-Aadhaar card issued by Rajasthan Govt.
- Certificate of Address with photo issued by Municipal Councillor
- Recognized educational institutes issue identification cards.
- SSLC book containing a photograph
- School Identity card
- Name and address on a School Transfer Certificate (TC)/School Leaving Certificate (SLC).
- Extract School Records containing name, address, and photo
How to Change Your Aadhaar Address
Before making any changes in your Aadhar card, go through the list of aadhar card address change documents
- Step 1: Go to the UIDAI’s SSUP portal’s official website at ssup.uidai.gov
- Step 2: Go to the homepage and click ‘Update Aadhaar’.
- Step 3: Complete the UIDAI’s request for information and enter the right captcha.
- Step 4: Select ‘Send OTP’ from the drop-down menu. Your registered mobile number will receive a six-digit OTP.
- Step 5: To update your address, enter the OTP and select the ‘Update Address’ option.
- Step 6: Make the necessary adjustments and submit the form by clicking the ‘Proceed’ button.
- Step 7: Attach any POA documents that support the proposed revisions.
- Step 8: Press the submit button. You can also get a sneak peek at the changes that have been made.
- Step 9: You will receive an update request number (URN) from UIDAI, which you can use to track the progress of your Aadhaar card update.
How long would it take for the Aadhar address to be updated?
Only in the event of a change in name, address, date of birth, or gender will an Aadhaar letter with changes be provided to the given address. A notification will be sent to the specified mobile number/email ID if the mobile number/email ID needs to be updated. Following the request, Aadhaar updates can take up to 90 days.
Is a rent agreement acceptable as proof of address for an Aadhar card?
Yes, a rental agreement can be used as Aadhar card address change documents for proof of address to update an Aadhar card’s address. If you’re planning to adjust the UIDAI’s self-service site, you’ll need to scan all of the pages of the lease agreement and combine them into a single pdf file before uploading it.
When we move our address, do we get a new Aadhar card?
The UIDAI will process your request once it has been modified, and a new Aadhaar card will be mailed to your new address.
How many times can the Aadhar card be updated?
The user only needs to update it twice, according to the standards of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). UIDAI is a statutory organisation formed by the Indian government that issues a 12-digit unique identity number.
What happens if the Aadhar update request is denied?
There is no such thing as a refund here. If it is refused, you will have to change it again.