Looking for Peru visa for Indian Indians for tourism or business purpose ? Indians can obtain a tourist visa to Peru that is valid for 183 days. This visa does not allow the holder to work in Peru and is only valid for one entry. Peru does not have an online visa application system.In this blog we will discuss how to get a Peru visa from India? Peru visa fees for Indian citizens, Visa requirements for Peru for Indian citizens. So, let’s begin with Visa to Peru from India.
Peru visa fees for Indian citizens
Duration for Visa to Peru from India: The consulate will take 4-5 working days to process your Peru visa from India.
Peru visa fees for Indian citizens: ₹ 2400 in cash. However, this may fluctuate depending on the current exchange rate.
Visa requirements for Peru for Indian citizens
Here are the visa requirements for Peru for Indian citizens to get tourist visa to Peru from India or Business Peru visa from India.
- Peru visa from India Application Form – DGC 005: A person has to complete the two application forms. The original one must be signed and thumb imprinted by an applicant. Either the form must be submitted by hand writing (in black ink) or with electronic mode by an applicant.
- Indian Passport: A person must have an Indian Passport for the visit to Peru. The validity of such passport must extend to one year. It must be accompanied with the photocopy of the passport, two blank pages for visa stamp, attach previous passports of an applicant as well.
- Three passport-size photographs of an applicant for Peru visa from India. The photos must be of the recent origin. The size of the photograph must be larger enough, (4.3 X 3.5 cm) so that it covers the face of an applicant clearly. It is required that the background of such picture must be white only.
- Identity proof must be furnished by the same.
- Proof of stay at Peru must be stated in advance.
- The information pertaining to tickets must be provided to the authority. The arrival ticket and round ticket both needs to be proved. It is mandatory to submit the details of the ticket with the application form.
- A Yellow Fever Certificate must be accompanied by an applicant at the time of departure.
- The cover letter stating the purpose of the visit. It must contain the following particulars of an applicant: Name, Address, Designation, and Duration of the stay. It must be signed by an applicant. It must be delivered to the Embassy of the Peru Republic, situated in New Delhi, must be addressed to the Visa Officer.
- The attested Income Tax Returns (Form 16) for the previous three years must be furnished. Bank Statement of the previous six months must be provided. The bank statement must be duly signed and sealed by the bank officials. Salary slips of the previous last six months (if any).
- In case, an applicant is on a sponsored visit to Peru from India. Such invitation letter and a duly signed affidavit by the invitee must be furnished by an applicant. The invitee must take full responsibility of the applicant. The accommodation, cost of the survival must be taken care by the invitee. The details of the invitee need to be mentioned. In that case, a Peruvian data of the invitee or the Aadhaar card, whatever the case may be must be submitted to the Authority.
- A NOC from the school/university head or an employer.
- A general means to support the stay in Peru must be proved.
If an Indian citizen has a green card or is a holder of a valid visa from the UK, USA, etc., they are exempted from visas. Further, the holders of diplomatic passports are also exempted except for Venezuela.
That’s all regarding visa requirements for Peru for Indian citizens. So to get visa to Peru from India you must have these supporting documents. These were the visa requirements for Peru for Indian citizens. You must also pay the fees in addition to the documents. The Peru visa fees for Indian citizens have already been mentioned, you can check them out.
Important Notes: Visa to Peru from India
- Applications for Peru visa from India can be submitted only at the Embassy of Peru in New Delhi, where they will also be processed.
- Documents sent through email or courier will not be processed.
- If an applicant chooses to submit their application through an agent, it will only be processed once the original file is submitted to the Embassy, not from the date of submission to the agency.
- The processing time of tourist and business visa for non-resident Indian nationals may be up to 10 days.
- The Consular Section of the Embassy of Peru reserves its right to require an interview or additional documents from the applicant, after an application is submitted.
- Travellers are not required to hold a valid yellow fever certificate.
- Any other visa categories which fall under the control of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Peru will require additional clearance from headquarters in Lima, Peru.
- To ensure that there is enough time for the application procedure to be completed on time, apply for a tourist visa at least 3 weeks in advance of your planned travel date.
- Fill in your application form carefully with all accurate details and do not hide or misrepresent facts in your application.
- Bring original copies and photocopies of all supporting documents when you come to submit your visa application form at the Peruvian Diplomatic Mission and do not present false documents for your Peruvian visa.
In this blog(Visa to Peru from India) previously, we discussed the
- Peru visa fees for Indian citizens
- Visa requirements for Peru for Indian citizens
Now, we will talk about how to apply for Peru Visa from India
How to Apply for a Peru visa from India
Before applying for a Peru visa from India, applicants must locate the nearest Peruvian diplomatic mission. Please make sure you are aware of the processing period for obtaining a Peruvian visa. Additionally, you must note that Peru does not offer the facility to apply for a visa to Peru from India online. Once you are aware of all the details regarding the application, you may begin your application by the following procedure:
Step 1: Download the visa application form and Fill up the visa application form
Step 2: Collect the documents which are visa requirements for Peru for Indian citizens
Step 5: Check the Peru visa fees for Indian citizens. Before going for your appointment, ensure that you check the mode of payment accepted for the visa application.
Step 6: Schedule an appointment to get visa to Peru from India
To schedule an appointment for submission of your visa application, contact a representative at your Peruvian Embassy or Consulate.
Tel: +91-11-46163308/ 46163333
Step 7: Along with all the visa requirements for Peru for Indian citizens, submit your completed visa application form in person at the Peruvian Embassy or Consulate.
Peru Consular Section Timing
Working days: Monday-Friday
Submission time: 10:00 am – 12:00 noon
Collection time: 16:00 pm – 17:00 pm
Step 8: Pay required visa application fee
At the time of submitting your application form for a Peru visa from India, pay the applicable Peru visa fees for Indian citizens for your visa application.
You will be notified by the Peruvian Embassy or Consulate after your application for a visa to Peru from India is processed and the visa is issued. You will then be called to the Embassy to collect your Peru visa from India on time.
Exemption from Peru Visa
Certain Indian citizens who fulfil the following criteria are exempted from obtaining a Peru visa from India, according to the Government of Peru:
– Being holders of valid visa of USA, UK, Canada, Australia or Schengen space countries, with a validity of at least 6 months. (excluded transit visas).
– Permanent resident, accredited with the document of permit (such as a green card) from the counties of the USA, UK, Canada, Australia or Schengen countries.
– The duration of stay for tourist/business travellers will be up to 180 days as maximum, whether continuous stay or various visits during the period of one year. (Your stay in Peru will be determined by the Immigration Officers in the port of entry).
Earlier we have discussed the Peru visa fees for Indian citizens, visa requirements for Peru for Indian citizens. You can look it up if you missed it.
What to do for an Expired Tourist Visa
You don’t have to worry about severe consequences if your tourist visa expires while you’re in Peru for any reason. You will be charged a fine of $1 per day that your visa has been expired while you are leaving the country. Depending on where you leave the nation from, you can pay this fee at a branch of the “Banco de la Nación” or the National Bank of Peru. After paying the fine and receiving an exit stamp, you are free to leave Peru.
In case you are unable to pay this fee, the authorities will hold you in custody until someone pays it for you. It is advisable to be prepared and have the cash in US Dollars on hand.
So here I will conclude the topic
- How to get Peru visa from India
- Who are exempted to get visa to Peru from India
- Peru visa fees for Indian citizens
- Visa requirements for Peru for Indian citizens