Turkey is a fascinating place to explore with its historical sites, adventure activities, exotic culture and landscapes. This blog guides all that has to do to obtain a Turkey Tourist Visa for Indians along with its Tourist Visa fees for Indian, processing time and kinds.
Turkey Tourist Visa for Indians
- Indians with diplomatic passports are free to travel without a visa to Turkey for up to 90 days.
- Ordinary, Special and Service passport of India are required to have a Turkey Tourist visa for Indians to enter Turkey.
- Indians with Ordinary, Special and Service passports who have valid Schengen/USA/UK/Ireland visa or residence permit may get their Turkey Tourist single entry E-Visas valid for one month via the websiteevisa.gov.tr, provided they meet certain criteria.
- Visitors who are not exempt from entry visas must obtain their visas or schedule an appointment with the Turkish Consular offices via Pre-Application System for Turkish Sticker Visa (visa.gov.tr).
- It is recommended to apply for Turkey Tourist visas at least one month in advance before the planned travel to avoid any inconvenience.
- The length of stay provided by a Turkey Tourist visa for Indians or visa exemption cannot exceed 90 days within each 180 days.
- Indians who wish to enter Turkey via naval ports with touristic purposes may be issued visa-free permits by the local governorates. These permits shall have a maximum of 72 hours validity and will be only valid for sightseeing purposes in the vicinity of the naval port of Turkey.
Types of Turkey Tourist Visa
Indians can apply for Turkey Tourist Visa for Indians if the turkey trip’s aim is:
- Single/Double transits,
- Touristic visit,
- Business meeting/commerce,
- Sportive activity,
- Cultural-artistic activity,
- Official visit or visit to Turkey.
Indians can apply for Turkey Tourist E-Visa. If you don’t qualify for E-Visa, then you should apply for Turkey Tourist Sticker Visa through Pre-Application System for Turkish Sticker Visa .
A Turkey Sticker Visa is a standard visa that is pasted on your passport by an official at the Turkey Consulate/Embassy of India.
The Turkey Tourist E-visa for Indians is valid for stays of up to 30 days for tourism and business. Please note that the validity of a visa is the same for Turkey Tourist E-visa holders and Sticker visa holders.
Documents required for Turkey Tourist Visa for Indians
The mandatory documents required by Indians to get a Turkey Tourist Visa are:-
- Manually filled and signed Turkey Tourist visa application form in capital letters.
- The original passport should be issued less than 10 years with a minimum validity of 6 months beyond the intended duration of stay in Turkey and at least two blank pages.
- 2 Photos with a white background that were taken within the last 6 months in 2.5inch x 2.5inch size.
- Travel insurance that at least offers a minimum coverage of Rs. 2693460.00 during your Turkey trip
- Confirmed to and fro flight tickets
- Hotel reservation with the details of the applicant’s name check-in & check-out time for the entire travel in Turkey
- Evidence of your financial status. Turkey requires visitors to have at least Rs. 3,178.72 per day for staying in the country.
- Cover letter stating your purpose of travel.
- Original Last 6 months’ bank statement of personal account attested by the bank
- Tour Itinerary
- Indians who are 18 and above must fill and sign the undertaking letter.
For Minors: A Consent NOC which must be on stamp paper with photos of parents and the minor and notarized as well.
If the applicant is visiting a Turkish citizen/foreigner residing in Turkey: Invitation letter from the inviter with passport number, the full name of the applicant, copy of the identity card and bank account, the list of invitees, permanent address, contact number, length and purpose of stay and the affinity with the applicant
For E-Visa: Indians wishing to enter Turkey must carry a travel document or a passport with an expiration date of at least 60 days beyond the “duration of stay” of their visa, e-Visa, visa exemption, or residence permit. You also need to fulfil 1, 6,7,8,9 aforementioned criteria.
Turkey Tourist Visa application Procedure in India
For Turkish e-Visa, Indians just need to apply for the e-visa, pay the Visa fee and download your Turkey Tourist E-Visa. Don’t forget to take a printout of your Turkey Tourist E-Visa before beginning your journey. You need to apply 48 hours before your travel. The Turkey Tourist E-Visa process is fast and 100% online.
Turkey Embassy in New Delhi or Consulates in Mumbai and Hyderabad do not accept Turkey Tourist sticker visa applications directly.
Submitting and collecting of all Turkey Tourist sticker visa applications should be done via Gateway Management VAC according to Missions’ jurisdiction areas.
If internet connection is weak or if the applicants experience difficulties in filling in the application form, Turkey Tourist Visa for Indians applications can still be made directly to our Turkey Embassy/Consulate.
Check the process below:
- Visit the website of the Pre-Application System of Turkish Sticker Visa
- Select the country “India” and your nearest Consulate from the drop-down list.
- Schedule an appointment by clicking on “Make Appointment”
- Fill up and sign the Turkey Tourist Visa application form
- Gather the required documents along with biometrics
- Pay the visa fee
- Submit your application form along with all the documents.
- Collect your Turkey Tourist Visa
Turkey Tourist Visa Processing time in India
Gateway INC Management was officially authorized by the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 2016 to offer Turkey visa application services on behalf of overseas missions. The processing time for Turkey Tourist Visa for Indiansis 8-12 working days. If you apply for Turkey Tourist E-Visa , it will take 3-10 minutes to apply, pay and submit the application. You will receive your E-Visa within 24 hours.
Turkey Tourist Visa Fees for Indian
The following chart mentions all the additional charges by Gateway INC as well as the Visa Fees’ for Turkey Tourist Visa in India. . Visa fees charged by the Embassy/Consulate are not refundable in cases fpr application rejection.
|Turkey Tourist Visa fees for Indian||Price|
|Single Entry Visa Fee||Rs. 4.555,00|
|Multiple Entry Visa Fee||Rs. 14.410|
|Gateway INC Service Fees||Rs. 4201 + Tax|
|Gateway INC VIP/Lounge Fees||Rs. 6195 + Tax|
|Gateway INC Service Fees (For New Delhi only)||Rs. 3.560,00 + Tax|
|Gateway INC VIP/Lounge Fees(For New Delhi Only)||Rs. 8.810,00 + Tax|
|E-Visa Single Entry Fee||Rs. 3509.66|
|E-Visa Single Entry Fee
for Diplomatic/Service Passport Holders
How an Indian can track Turkey Tourist Visa Application?
You can track your e-visa by visiting the website e-Visa – Application Status (evisa.gov.tr). Just enter the asked details and know the status of your Turkey Tourist E-Visa application.
You have to contact Gateway INC to know the status of your Turkey Sticker Visa application. The Embassy/Consulate of Turkey in India will not provide any information on the status of your Turkey Tourist Visa for Indians.
Q1. Where are the Embassy and Consulates of Turkey located in India?
The Embassy of Morocco is located in New Delhi and the Consulates are located in Mumbai and Hyderabad.
Q2. What is the processing time for Turkey Tourist Visa?
Indians can obtain a Turkey Tourist e-Visa within 24 hours of applying. Turkey Tourist Sticker Visa takes a minimum of 8-15.
Q3. What is the validity of a Turkey Tourist Visa?
A Turkey Tourist Visa is valid for 180 days. Please note that the validity of a Turkey Tourist visa is the same for e-visa holders and sticker visa holders.