Do you want to know about the UK embassy fees for student visa in India? The United Kingdom is the hub for the most prestigious universities in the world. It is not surprising that Indian students prefer to study in th e UK, which has excellent universities and a good educational and professional environment. Thousands of foreign students take admission to these colleges each year. You must have UK student visa in order to enroll in these universities. On the other side, obtaining a student visa for the UK is found to be challenging and time-consuming.. Are you always dreaming of studying in the UK, so it’s time to pursue your dream. So following article describes about UK embassy fees for student visa in India, the process for fees payment and application.
UK embassy fees for student visa in India
The UK embassy fees for student visa in India vary depending on the type of the visa you want to apply for. Let us examine the UK student visa costs for the many types of visas available:
You can find various options of payment for paying UK visa fees and given these modes of payment are explained below in the visa application process.
Eligibility for UK Student Visa Application
Before knowing about the UK embassy fees for student visa in India, you have to check whether you’re eligible to study in the UK. There are some points that are listed below:
- Must have a course offer letter from an authorized sponsor.
- A student must have enough money to cover their own expenses for the duration of the course.
- Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- A student must get parental permission if they are 16 or 17 years old.
How do you apply online for a student visa?
To pay UK embassy fees for student visa in India, you have to apply for a UK student visa. There are the few steps to follow:
Step 1: The first thing to do is to see if you qualify for a student visa.
You must provide proof that you:
A guaranteed spot at the college, institution, or school of your choice. It is known as a “confirmation of acceptance for study” (CAS). A sum of money (sometimes referred to as maintenance or finances) adequate to cover your course fees and UK living costs.
Step 2: Get your documentation ready.
Step 3: Submit your application online. .
You must register and set up an account on the official UK Visa website. Then You have to print and sign your full application after finishing your online application. Schedule an appointment at the visa application centre. You will get an email with your application number after your online application is completed
Step 4: To pay UK embassy fees for student visa in India, there are four ways.
- Payment at Standard Chartered Bank: A few Standard Chartered Bank branches are where you can make your payment. A demand draft will be sent by the bank to “The British High Commission.”
- Demand draft from a domestic or foreign bank: You may use a demand draft issued by a domestic or foreign bank to pay your charge. The bank may impose different fees for this service. The “British High Commission” must be favoured in the suggested demand.
- Payment at the Visa Application Center: You may pay the visa application fee at the Visa Application Center when you submit your visa application.
- You can pay your visa application fee online if you have a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card.
Step 5: Visit the visa application center on the designated date. You must make an appointment and show up there in order to submit your application, facial pictures, and fingerprints.
Documents required for UK student visa
After checking eligibility for knowing about UK embassy fees for student visa in India, you have to fill the form. While filling the form you need to submit the following documents. You should go through to all the listed documents, so there will be no room for error.
- Valid passport is required.
- Application for visa form.
- A recently taken passport-size photo.
- Proof of payment of the visa fee or the application fee.
- Financial documentation or proof of funds.
- Confirming Acceptance for Studies (CAS).
- It is necessary to have a certificate from the Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS).
- Tuberculosis medical test results.
- Compensation for the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge (IHS).
- Written consent from the financial sponsor (in case of sponsorship).
- Police clearance certificate.
If you are under 18, you might have to produce more supporting documents. The documents are:
- Consent proof from parents or legal guardians
- Proof of a parent or legal guardian relationship
- A copy of the parents’ names from the birth certificate or another official document.
Q1. Is it possible to apply for a UK visa in India?
Ans. Now that UK visa application centers have reopened in numerous cities, including Delhi, students in India can begin applying for a UK study visa. Applications for student visas can now be made through VFS in India as the UK government and the UK Visas and Immigrations Office have started operations.
Q2. How long does it take to process my visa after I pay UK embassy fees for student visa in India?
Ans. The UKVI requires 15 working days on average to complete a visa. As long as the application is submitted in a timely manner (given the typical processing time), a student is quite likely to receive their visa decision in time for travel.
Q3. What are the most recent changes affecting Indian students travelling to the UK?
Ans. For students who are unable to travel to the UK for in-person sessions, UK colleges offer blended learning. The most recent travel advisories provided by the UK government state that Indian students intending to enrol in a UK university beginning on April 23rd must quarantine for 10 days at a hotel under management before arriving. Students who have a residency permit may also use this.