The Supreme Court of India introduced marriage certificates in 2006 to validate the marital relationship of two individuals and safeguard their marital rights in every state of the country, including Andhra Pradesh. Marriage Certificate Andhra Pradesh,an official document also has a few other benefits for the married couples, like: getting passports, pan cards, claiming bank deposits, pensions, life insurances, and more.
So if you are residing in Andhra Pradesh and searching for a way to apply for a valid marriage certificate in AP, then keep reading ahead. Because in this article, we are going to discuss everything related to marriage registration online in Andhra Pradesh.
Marriage Registration Andhra Pradesh
After the introduction of marriage registration certificates, every married citizen in India is obligated to register their marriage from the district registrar office. The same rule applies to Andhra Pradesh. The residents of Andhra Pradesh can obtain their marriage registration certificates under the Special Marriage Act of 1954″, the “Muslim Marriage Act of 1954”, or the “Hindu Marriage Act of 1955”.
People can either opt for marriage registration online or visit the sub-registrar office to get it done. You can also call the office at 0866-2428532.
Marriage registration office Hyderabad
Marriage Registration Andhra Pradesh Eligibility Criteria
People applying for a marriage certificate in AP must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The bride should be minimum 18 years of age and the groom should be 21 years minimum.
- Both the groom and the bride must be Indian citizens. If any of them is a foreigner, they must be able to show a No Objection Certificate.
Necessary Documents For A Marriage Certificate in AP
The documents required for obtaining a marriage certificate in AP are almost the same as other states in India. You will have to prepare:
- “Application Form A” that is filled up and signed by both the bride and the groom.
- Original marriage invitation cards from both sides.
- Affidavit with the date, place, and time of marriage, marital status and nationality of the couple mentioned.
- Valid identification proof of both the bride and groom (any one)
- Aadhar card
- Birth certificate
- Electoral roll
- Valid SSC certificate
- Pan Card
- Valid residence proof of both the bride and groom (any one)
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Driving licence
- Utility bill (either telephone or electricity)
- Letter of affirmation from both the bride and groom stating their desire to marry each other without any threat or influence.
- A certification document by the concerned authority, if the ceremony happened at a religious place.
- Passport-sized photos of both the groom and the bride.
- A joint photograph of the couple partaking in rituals or wearing their wedding outfits.
- A family photograph clicked during the ceremony featuring the couple and their respective families (optional)
- 100 INR payment receipt if registration is done under the 1955 Act of Hindu Marriage, 150 INR if done under the 1954 Act of Special Marriage.
- Copy of self-attested divorce decree attached to the application form (if divorced)
- Copy of death certificate of the previously deceased husband/wife of the bride/groom attached to the application form (if applicable)
If either of the bride or the groom is a foreigner, then they will need to show the following documents to the concerned authority in Andhra Pradesh:
- Residence proof of both the bride and the groom.
- Valid passports of both the bride and the groom.
- Identity proofs of both the bride and the groom issued by a legitimate employer.
- Residence proof of minimum two foreign and local witnesses.
You must note that all these documents mentioned above must be attested by a notary public officer or a gazetted officer rightfully before you present them to the concerned authority in Andhra Pradesh. You must also ensure that none of the documents you produce are irrelevant or inappropriate. Or else, your marriage registration in Andhra Pradesh will be cancelled.
Marriage Certificate Andhra Pradesh Fees
This table enlists the marriage registration fees in Andhra Pradesh:
|Marriage Registration AP type||Fees (INR)|
|Special Act of Marriage, 1954||150|
|Hindu Act of Marriage, 1955||100|
How To Get A Marriage Certificate Online Andhra Pradesh?
The process of obtaining a marriage certificate online Andhra Pradesh is way more easier and hassle-free than the offline procedure. To apply for a marriage certificate online in Andhra Pradesh, follow these steps below:
- First visit the official https://cdma.ap.gov.in/en/marriageregistration website and click on “Online services” from the top menu.
- Next, tap on “Marriage Registration” from the application list.
- Then select “file new registration” from the two displayed options.
- At this stage, you have to fill the details like the name of the district, corporation, etc. and click on submit.
- Now, the Application Form B or the Memorandum of Marriage will get opened. This form is made of 3 parts: the applicant’s information, the witness information, and the checklist.
You have to carefully enter all the requested information and upload the documents wherever needed before submitting it.
- After it gets submitted successfully, you will get an email with the PDF version of this filled up form which you can print out for future reference.
- Then you can give this printed application form on your prefixed date to the concerned authority, in presence of the witnesses besides following whatever the authority guides you to do.
Note: You can check for your marriage registration reissuance through this particular website. Or you can mail your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q1. How is Form A Marriage Certificate registration different from Form B?
Ans. In a marriage registration certificate application, Form A is meant for Hindu Marriage Registration, whereas Form B is meant for Special Marriage registration.
Q2. Within how much time can I apply for a marriage registration in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans. You can register your marriage within a month of occurrence. If you haven’t registered within 5 years of marriage, the Sub-Registrar will look into your case. And if it is over 5 years, the District Registrar will look into your case.
Q3. How long does it take to obtain a marriage certificate in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans. The Hindu Marriage Act registration in Andhra Pradesh may take almost 15 days. Whereas Special Marriage Act registration takes almost 60 days.
Leave a Reply