Do you want to visit Germany? Germany is a beautiful country with a lot to offer visitors, from historical landmarks to delicious food. But before you can start planning your trip, you need to get a visa.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the process of getting a Germany visa from India. We’ll cover everything you need to know, from the application requirements to the fees.
Getting a Germany visa from India doesn’t have to be difficult. By following our simple guide, you’ll be well on your way to exploring all that Germany has to offer.
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip to get a Germany visa from India today!
Germany visa from India
Imagine you want to go from India to Germany for different reasons like visiting family, going to school in the summer, or joining a special class. To do this, you need something called a Schengen visa.
This visa is like a magic key that lets you travel not just to Germany but also to other cool places in Europe. But here’s the trick: the kind of visa you need depends on why you want to go.
So, whether you want to visit, study, do business, or live in Germany forever, you just have to get the right Germany visa from India. It’s like picking the perfect ticket for your big adventure!
German Schengen visa for:
- Business related work
- Medical requirement
- Sports, film crew, culture, or religious purpose
- Official delegation’s members
- Studying, training, or internship or German student visa
- The husband/wife of a citizen of Germany
- German Airport Transit Visa
- Visa for underage children
The Schengen agreement is like a special rule that says people from some countries can visit other countries in Europe easily, like going to Germany.
But if you want to go to Germany from India, you need a special paper called a Germany visa. This paper lets you visit Germany for up to 90 days, which is like 3 months. But, you can’t work in Germany with this paper right now.
How to apply for Germany visa from India?
While applying for Germany visa from India, it is necessary to follow a few steps as
- Go to a special website called VIDEX for Germany.
- Fill out a paper very carefully with all your information.
- Make an appointment at a special place called VFS Global in India.
- Check all your papers and give them to VFS to set up an interview.
- Go to the interview on time, and they might ask about your trip.
- Pay some money for your visa, and they’ll give you a way to check online.
When they approve your visa application, they’ll instruct you to collect your passport at VFS Global.
Germany visa from India requirements
Explore the essential Germany visa from India requirements to ensure a smooth and successful application process.
- Fill out the application form with truthfulness.
- Attach 2 passport-sized photos.
- Bring your passport and copies of your past visas.
Ensure you have travel insurance that covers at least 30,000 euros.
- Write a letter explaining why you are visiting Germany and your travel plans.
- Make sure you have your flight details ready.
- Don’t forget to have proof of your hotel reservations for your whole stay in Germany.
- If you’re traveling with family, bring documents that show you’re related.
- Show that you have enough money for your trip.
Germany visa from India requirements as per conditions
Find out exactly what you need for a Germany visa based on your own situation. This will make your application easy and stress-free.
- A photocopy of your business license
- Company bank statement which should be of the most recent 6 months
- Income tax return (ITR)
- Verification of enrollment
- No objection certificate from school/college/university
- If you happen to be retired:
For those who are retired and planning to stay in Germany, here are the requirements:
1. Pension Statement: You will need to provide a statement of your pension income for the last 6 months.
2. Proof of Income: Additionally, you should show evidence of consistent income from property for the past 6 months. This demonstrates your financial stability during your stay in Germany.
Important Note: You should sign the application form and attach all the necessary documents. You can submit it in person at the consulate or embassy, or you can have someone do it for you in your home country. In addition to the standard documents, there are specific documents needed for common reasons when applying for a Germany visa from India.
Germany Business Visa Requirements
- Get a letter from the company you will visit in Germany.
- Get a letter from your boss saying you are allowed to travel for business.
If the two companies have a business history, provide proof.
Get your business bank statements for the last 6 months.
- Bring your company’s official papers.
- Have a letter from the German company saying how much money you’ll need.
Germany Schengen visa for medical purposes
- A paper from your doctor at home.
Get a note from a doctor in Germany stating when you’ll visit and how you’re feeling.
- A paper that shows you paid for the doctor.
Germany Schengen Visa for Other Purposes
If you’re going to Germany for cultural events, sports, film work, or religious reasons, you usually need a Schengen visa. This visa lets you visit Germany and other European countries in the Schengen Area for up to 90 days within a 180-day period.
- A letter saying why you’re going and what you’ll do.
- Names of the people going with you.
- How long you’ll stay.
Specify when and where you’ll be going.
Germany Schengen Visa for Members of Official Delegations
- A copy of a special invitation.
- Who you are.
- Why you’re going (like meetings or parties).
- How long you be there?
- Where you stay?
German Schengen Visa for Education
If you’re thinking about going to Germany for educational training, research, internships, or studying, you’ll usually need to meet the Germany visa requirements for a Schengen visa. This visa allows you to travel within the Schengen Area, including Germany and other countries in the region.
For educational purposes in Germany, you’ll typically need:
1. Enrollment confirmation for the courses you plan to attend.
2. Proof of completed courses, if applicable.
3. Financial support to cover your expenses during your stay.
German Schengen visa for the wife/husband of a German resident:
- Affirmation stating if you are a German citizen (consular card or ID proof or accreditation of German nationality or residential proof)
- German marriage endorsement
- German family record book
Germany Transit Visa Requirements
Possess a visa or another form of entry permission in the transit country.
Include a photocopy of your valid visa for your previous destination.
Germany Schengen Visa for Underage Children
- Papers showing how much money your mom or dad makes each month.
- A special paper from your mom or dad that says you can travel.
- If one parent lives far away, a paper from them that says it’s okay for you to go.
Germany Long Stay Visa Requirements
If you intend to stay in Germany for more than 3 months, you’ll need a ‘Long stay visa’ or ‘D-Visa.’ Here are some additional details:
Medical Coverage: When living in Germany for an extended period, it’s crucial to have medical coverage. There are different requirements for students, guest workers, and immigrants. Krankenkassen-Zentrale can provide further information on health insurance options in Germany.
Track Your Application for Germany Visa from India
Tracking Germany Visa from India
- Go to the VFS Global website.
- Select the country where you applied for your visa.
- Select the type of visa you applied for.
Enter your reference number and last name for tracking.
- Click on “Track Application”
Before visiting the visa service center, make sure to review the security control guidelines. Additionally, the Germany visa from India tracking system will assist you in monitoring your application’s progress.
Fees for Germany Visa from India
Starting from February 2020, the fees for all types of Germany visa applications from India, including short-stay Schengen visas, are set at 80 euros.
However, it’s important to note that in certain cases, you may be exempt from paying the visa fee or eligible for a reduced fee based on your nationality or status.
|Visa category||Fees in INR|
|Visa for adults||Rs. 7100|
|Visa for children||Rs 3600|
In addition to the Germany visa fees, you’ll also need to pay VFS visa processing fees, and its only Rs. 1674.
How long does it take to get a visa for Germany from India?
Generally, it takes 6 days but due to peak season and demand, it takes 15 days to process a Germany Schengen visa from Indians.
How do I know if my Germany visa from India is approved?
You can check Germany visa application status on VFS global website. It shows the approval or rejection of the visa.
Why my German visa from india is taking so long?
Due to the high demand for a Schengen visa for Germany, it has been taking longer time for visa appointment and processing process so ultimately is taking time to get German visa from India.