Do you want to apply for an international driving license in Gurgaon? Are you a resident of Gurgaon , planning to drive a car abroad for sightseeing ? You need an international driving permit from the Gurgaon RTO. If you don’t want to get into hassle of applying , don’t worry, Itzeazy will help you in applying for international driving permit in Gurgaon .
An Indian international driving permit from the RTO allows you to drive any kind of vehicle in around 150 foreign countries. It will also act as your identity proof in a foreign country without a visa and help you claim insurance if any accidents happen. No additional driving tests are required. The blog will guide you through everything about an international driving permit Gurgaon, including its application process, documents required, and fees.
International driving license Gurgaon
An International driving licence is officially known as International Driving Permit (IDP). IDP driving permit is a legal document regulated by United Nations and issued by the RTA/RTOs in Gurgaon for Indians permitting them to drive a motor vehicle abroad. It certifies that s/he holds a permanent driving licence in his/her home country.
International Driving License in Gurgaon is an official translated copy of the original DL issued by RTO Gurgaon authorized by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways of India. If you want to apply for IDP in Gurgaon, you need to apply it at the same Gurgaon RTO where you had applied for your DL.
Eligibility criteria for an International driving licence in Gurgaon
The eligibility criteria to apply for an International Driving licence in Gurgaon are as follows –
- Should be an Indian citizen above 18 years of age.
- Hold a valid Indian permanent driving license.
- Possess a valid Indian passport and visa.
Documents required for International driving permit Gurgaon
Underlying is the list of the documents required to apply for an International driving license Gurgaon:-
- Forms 4A & 1A
- Copy of Valid DL
- Passport & Visa Copy
- Duplicate flight tickets
- 5 Passport-sized photos. Keep extra photos too.
- Valid proof of Indian citizenship
- Copy of residence-proof
- Copy of Age-proof
How to apply for an International driving licence in Gurgaon?
The International driving licence application in Gurgaon should be made in Form 2 or in writing to the Gurgaon RTO within whose jurisdiction the applicant lives, specifying the foreign countries to be visited and the duration of his/her stay and so on. An individual can apply for an IDP on the Ministry of Road Transport And Highways website. The steps are given below:-
- Go to Home (parivahan.gov.in)
- Select your state as “Haryana” from the drop-down list.
- Click on “Apply for International Driving Permit (IDP)” and then on “Continue”.
- Enter your DL number, DOB and Captcha.
- Fill in all the requested details and upload the scanned copies of the original documents.
- Upload the biometrics.
- Schedule a DL test appointment with the nearest Gurgaon RTO for a DL test.
- Pay the DL fees and verify the payment status also. Print all the forms and the receipt.
- On the appointed day, visit the Gurgaon RTO with your vehicle and all the relevant documents, Application Form and the payment receipt.
- Take the DL test before the officer.
- If you pass the test, your IDP will be issued and delivered by post.
Validity of International driving permit in Gurgaon
The validity of an IDP in Gurgaon is 1 year from the date of its issue or the validity of the domestic driving license whichever is earlier.
Processing time for an International driving permit Gurgaon
The processing time taken to obtain an International Driving Permit Gurgaon is usually 3-7 working days.
Renewal of International Driving licence Gurgaon:-
Steps to follow to apply for renewal of International driving License in Gurgaon are:-
- Visit https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/
- Select “Haryana”
- Click on the “Services on Drivers License (Renewal/ Duplicate/ AEDL/ Others)” from the “Driving License” menu.
- Fill up the application form and then click on the “Next Button”.
- Schedule a DL test appointment with the nearest Gurgaon RTO for a DL test. Pay the DL fees. Print all the forms and the receipt.
- Visit Gurgaon RTO on the scheduled date, with original documents & Fee Slip
In case the DL has expired for over 1 year, you need to undergo a Driving licence test again or may be required issuance of Learner’s license.
Countries where Indian IDP driving permit is valid
An International driving licence Gurgaon is valid in the countries that have signed the 1949 Geneva Convention. The current parties to the 1949 Geneva Convention are as follows:-
Asia, Oceania (19 countries)– Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Fiji, Hong Kong(SAR), India, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand
America (15 countries) – Argentina, Barbados, Canada, Chile, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Paraguay, Peru, Republic of Dominica, Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America, Venezuela
Europe (36 countries) – Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of San Marino, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vatican City.
Middle East & Africa (32 countries) – Algeria, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Ghana, Israel, Jordan, Kingdom of Lesotho, Lebanon, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Republic of South Africa, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Zimbabwe.
How can I get international driving Licence in Gurgaon?
Process for international driving licence in Gurgaon is partly online. First application for international driving permit in Gurgaon has to be submitted online. To complete the process visit to RTO is mandatory. Documents will be verified at RTO. If everything is OK, international driving Licence will be issued.
What is the validity of international driving license in Gurgaon?
The validity of international driving licence is 1 year.
How much is the cost of international driving license in Gurgaon?
RTO fees for International driving permit in Gurgaon is Rs. 1000.
To book order or for any query or concern please speak to one of the consultants over phone or chat. You can also write to us. We will get back to you.