A. Procedure Of Marriage Registration When Both Parties Are Hindus
Procedure Of Marriage Registration
- The parties have to file a Notice of Intended Marriage in the specified form to the Marriage Registrar of the district in which at least one of the parties to the marriage has resided for a period of not less than 30 days immediately preceding the date on which such notice is given.
- The notice is then published/put-up by the Registrar of Marriage inviting objections, if any.
- After the expiration of 30 days from the date on which notice of intended marriage has been published, the marriage may be solemnized unless it has been objected by any person.
- The marriage may be solemnized at the specified Marriage Office.
- Both parties along with three witnesses are required to be present on the date of registration/Solemnization.
Documents required for court marriage
- Application form in the prescribed format with the prescribed fee.
- Passport Size Photographs of Marrying Persons.
- Residential Proof of Marrying Persons.
- Date of Birth Proof of Marrying Persons.
- Residential Proof and PAN Card of Three Witnesses.
- Death certificate or divorce decrees whichever is applicable, in case one of the parties had any marriages in the past.