Tatkal Procedure of Marriage Certificate
Marriage Certificate is the official record of the marriage between two people. Marriage Certificate helps in legally proving the marriage in court and various other significant institutions. The marriage certificate encounters the name of the couple, the date of marriage etc. a marriage certificate becomes a significant document in a couple’s life.
Eligibility for getting a marriage Certificate
- The couple applying for marriage registration should be married.
- The age of the bride should be 18 complete and the age of the Groom should be 21 complete.
- There should be o degree of prohibited relationships between bride and groom.
Laws of registering Marriage in India
- Hindu Marriage act 1955
- Special Marriage Act 1954
- The Indian Christian Marriage Act1 872
- Muslim Law of Marriage 1939
- Anand Karaj Law 2012
Advantages of registering Marriage
- Joint Bank work gets easy. It can be opening a joint account together or making savings together in a fixed deposit. All the banks in India ask for Marriage Certificate for account opening.
- Passport and Visa are important documents, especially after marriage when people plan their honeymoons and vacations. Getting all such important government documents after marriage is dependent on Marriage Certificate.
- Child Custody or Divorce work gets firm stability with Marriage Certificate.
- Adoption of Children requires legal proof of marriage i.e. Marriage Certificate.
- Inheritance of Property after the death of the spouse requires a marriage certificate.
- It is a very important document in NRI based marriages when most of the spouses deny the marriage or ill-treat their significant in abroad after marriage.
The role of tatkal Marriage registration
We all know how Tatkal things work. It is similar to Marriage Certificate as well. In case of any emergency or urgent requirement of marriage Certificate, the government of India has the option for applying for tatkal Marriage registration.
This helps in getting the marriage certificate faster than the normal procedure. Although the clients have to pay more fee for this urgent registration. It is a great option for people who are in a hurry to get their marriage certificate and cannot wait for the whole procedure to happen.
Documents Required for Tatkal Marriage Registration
- Age Proof – Age proof can be anything from your Aadhar card to your pan card. It should be a government authorized document along with your date of birth.
- Address Proof – address Proof should be either Wife or Husband. It depends on the area SDM being approached.
- Marriage Registration Application self-attested by the couple.
- An Affidavit is given by the couple separately stating the place of marriage, date of marriage, their DOB.
- Passport size Photographs -both husband and wife
- Invitation Card of the wedding/Marriage
- Witness ID proof
- Witness passport size photographs
- Marriage photographs which include important ceremonies like- Varmala, Mag Tikka, Pherras, Mangal -Sutra.
- In case of Divorce from previous marriage, Divorce Decree.
- In the case of Death of the previous spouse then Municipal Death Certificate.
- Form A of marriage Registration.
How Much time does it take to get a Marriage Certificate through Tatkal Procedure?
Tatkal Procedure is as quick as it can be. But it normally takes around 1-3 days to obtain the tatkal marriage certificate. In other words, it means three working days. Under the Tatkal Scheme Marriage Certificate is uploaded within 24 hours of approval.
What are the Fees for registering Marriage through Tatkal Procedure?
Government fee for tatkal marriage registration starts from Rs 2500 and further goes on depending upon the law in which marriage is getting registered.
The procedure of getting a tatkal marriage certificate
- Log on to the district website of the state /city you are living in. For example, people living in Delhi would log into – edistrictdelhi.
- Create an easy account with your Aadhar or Voter ID card.
- Fill all the details of the couple and witnesses.
- The format of affidavits is given in the next step. Take guidance through it and create your own.
- After the acceptance of format by SDM, upload all the documents.
- An appointment is arranged in the next step.
- SDM will verify the file and the marriage registration appointment will be fixed.
- Your marriage certificate will be in your hand.