Fastest & Easiest way to get Citizen Services


Damaged of Passport

Damaged of Passport

Your passport is considered damaged if the passport number is unreadable, name is illegible, photo is not intact or it is damaged beyond recognition. And in this case, you need to apply for a Duplicate Passport. But the passports which are partially damaged in which the name, photo and passport number of the holder is legible, can apply for Reissue of Passport.

Passport holders whose passports are partially damaged can avail of the Tatkaal scheme and apply for a re-issue of their passport. However, if a passport has been completely damaged, the Tatkaal scheme cannot be availed as the individual has to report at his nearest Passport Seva Kendra to get a Duplicate passport

How to apply for Damaged of Passport:

Applicants can choose to apply for a duplicate passport online, through the Passport Seva website managed by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.

When applying for a duplicate passport, individuals are required to submit a fresh passport application form. This is the same form as the new passport form. The form can be downloaded from the Passport Seva website managed by the Government of India.

In the 'Applying For' section, tick the Re-issue of Passport' option and select the relevant option from the ones provided:

  1. Validity expired within 3 years/due to expire
  2. Exhaustion of pages
  3. Validity expired more than 3 years ago
  4. Lost passport
  5. Change in existing personal particulars
  6. Damaged passport

Based on the option selected, provide the relevant details in the subsequent columns. Fill in all the relevant information and attach copies of the documents mentioned as below.

Documents required for passport If you are re-applying in case your passport is partially damaged

  1. Original old passport.
  2. Self-attested copy of the first and last two pages of the passport.
  3. Self-attested copy of ECR or Non-ECR page.
  4. Self-attested copy of validity extension page (in case of short validity passport).
  5. An affidavit that gives information about how the passport got damaged.
  6. Age proof - The following can be submitted :
  1. Birth certificate issued by the municipal authority or any other office authorized to issue the birth certificate
  2. School leaving certificate/ Secondary school leaving certificate
  3. Certificate sworn before a magistrate

For more information, visit website - Passport India