In this article, we will talk about the documents required for Indian passport renewal. Having access to information on passport renewal and passport renewal documents comes in handy several times throughout one’s life.
Upon issuance, an Indian passport is valid for ten years. The individual must renew the passport before the 10-year expiration date or after the validity expires in order to continue to enjoy the passport’s benefits – a passport that provides proof of identity, residence, and age.
When traveling internationally, passports are essential, and they are also one of the most critical character checks. Each individual must have access, legally binding passport renewal documents.
Changing the information on a passport may be a hassle and a time-consuming process. They would, however, be able to view and modify their identity data through the internet presently.
Many individuals in India have inquired about how to renew their passports online. You will need documents required for Indian passport renewal checklist in various scenarios, which they will discuss in this article.
Passport Renewal Process Online Registration
The initial step in applying for passport renewal is to register on the Passport Seva Offical website. Following the processes outlined below, a person may establish a passport account:
- To renew your passport, you must first register on Passport Seva Home.
- You must log in using the ‘Existing User Login’ option if you have previously created the account on the site.
- To become a member, click on ‘New User Register Now’ if you are not already a member.
- Using your name and date of birth, create a login ID and password
- An activation link will be sent to you via email.
Filling out the Passport Renewal Form
- After you’ve created an account, you’ll need to complete the online form.
- Fill out the form by clicking the ‘Apply for a New Passport/Reissue of Passport’ option.
- After filling out the form completely, click ‘Validate’ to store a copy of it.
- You must upload the completed form and then click ‘Submit.’ To prevent mistakes, it’s a good idea to double-check all of the information you’ve provided before submitting the form.
How to apply for passport renewal offline?
Even if you wish to use this offline method, you must first visit the Passport Seva website. Don’t forget to have a look at the documents required for Indian passport renewal checklist
The following stages are below:
- To download an e-form, go to the ‘Forms and Affidavits’ section and choose “Reissue of Passport.”
- This site also allows you to get a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). Take a printout of this PCC and the e-form together.
- Please fill out the form and attach all essential documents required for Indian passport renewal before submitting it to your local Passport Office.
- To finish this application, pay for the renewal online.
Documents Required for Indian Passport renewal
When a person applies for a passport renewal, they need to submit some documents in addition to the application form. A ‘Document Advisor needed passport renewal’ is available on the Passport Seva Kendra website.
The documentation required varies based on the passport and the applicant’s age. The following is the general documents required for Indian passport renewal for most applications:
- Expired Passport
- Copy of the Emigration Check Required (ECR)/Non-ECR page that is self-attested.
- Passport Issuing Authority’s observation page, if any, must be self-attested.
- A self-attested copy of the validity extension page, if any, pertaining to the Short Validity Passport (SVP).
- Proof of documents obviating the need for a passport with a limited validity period (SVP)
Booking a Passport Renewal Appointment
After completing the form, you must arrange an interview based on the available slots. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’ option after login into your account.
- Select a date from the available slots by clicking the ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ link.
- After selecting a slot will lead you to the payment channel since you must pay for all appointments online. The charge will vary depending on the kind of application and the number of pages you want in your new passport booklet.
You may make your payment using any of the options listed below:
- Challan from SBI Bank
- Banking on the internet
- Using a credit or debit card
After making your payment, go to the screen and select the ‘Print Application Receipt’ option. When you go to the interview, remember to bring a receipt printout with the ARN Appointment Number.
Renewing a Passport at the Passport Office
Bring the ARN and all original papers to the Passport Seva Kendra/Regional Passport Office on the day of your appointment.
What’s the Difference Between Passport Renewal and Reissue?
While a passport when the validity of an existing visa expires, access when the following circumstances occur:
- The passport that has expired or is soon to expire
- Passport misplaced
- Pages are running out.
- Passports that are damaged or stained
- Personal information has changed.
However, the individual’s existing access is given to the individual whenever a passport is issued, while the individual has a new passport when a passport is issued.
That’s all about passport renewal and the documents required for Indian passport renewal. If you have any questions about passport renewal documents, please post them in the comments section. We will gladly answer your questions.