Want to know the passport renewal and address change online? In India passport is valid for 10-year. If you want the services of a passport then you should renew the passport before the 10 year expiration date or after the validity ends. Check out the procedure for passport renewal with address change.
A passport is known as proof of identity, residence and age. A passport is incredibly essential because it comes in handy on numerous occasions throughout one’s life.
Passport renewal and address change online
The procedure for passport renewal and address change online is outlined below.
- Step 1: Visit the Passport Seva website.
- Step 2: If you’ve already registered for passport renewal and change of address, select “Existing User Login” and log in with your user ID and password.
- Step 3: Select “New User?” if you are a first-time user. “Sign Up Now.”
- Step 4: Locate the passport office that is closest to you.
- Step 5: Enter your personal information, such as your name and date of birth.
- Step 6: Register and create a login ID and password.
- Step 7: You will receive an email containing a link to activate your account for passport renewal with address change.
- Step 8: After clicking this link, log in and select “Apply for a New Passport/Passport Reissue.”
- Step 9: Enter information such as the kind of application and the type of passport booklet now. Next, click the button.
- Step 10: Now, choose View Saved/ Submitted Applications for passport renewal and address change.
- Step 11: To pay the reissuance fee for and arrange your appointment, click the Pay and Schedule Appointment page.
- Step 12: Choose Online Payment. It can be used to accept payments by Internet banking, credit or debit card. If you do not have the online payment option available, you can use the Challan Payment option.
- Step 13: Now press the Next button. You must now select a PSK site and print the application receipt.
This procedure you must follow for passport renewal and address change online.
What are the fees for the passport renewal and address change?
The fees for passport renewal with address change are the same as the fees for the renewal of a passport. The charge varies depending on the type of passport being applied for, the number of pages in the booklet, and whether the application is standard or Tatkal.
If one’s personal information, such as name or residence, changes, the existing passport must be re-issued.
The application fee for passport renewal and change of address (including an additional booklet due to visa page exhaustion) with a 10-year validity period is Rs. 2,000 (for 60 pages) and Rs. 1,500 (for 150 pages) (for 36 pages). Individuals must pay an extra 2,000 for tatkal services.
Furthermore, for children, the renewal of a passport with a validity of 5 years costs 1000 (for 36 pages) as an application price and an additional tatkal fee of 2000.
Reasons for passport renewal with address change
If your residential address has changed or you are relocating, you must update this information in your passport. To update your address on your passport, you must apply for passport renewal and change of address. You will obtain a new passport with a new number and your changed address as a result of this process.
Documents for passport address change with renewal:
The following are the documents which must be submitted for passport renewal with address change:
For passport renewal with address Change:
- Commission on Elections Photo ID/Voter Registration Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Bill for electricity
- Water invoice
- Gas connection proof
- Telephone statement (mobile or landline)
- Rent agreement
- Order for Tax Assessment
- photocopy of your spouse’s passport (first and last page including family details of spouse). The applicant’s current address must correspond to the address listed in the spouse’s passport.
- A Letterhead from employer
- Running bank account photo passbook
For renewal and passport renewal and address change:
- No Objection Certificate.
- A notification Letter.
- Old passport
- Self-attested copies of the following documents:
- Your passport’s first and last two pages
- Validity extension page in relation to the SVP (short validity passport).
- ECR/non-ECR page
- The passport issuing authority issued a page of observation.
These are the documents you must submit while passport renewal with address change.
When you can apply for passport renewal?
The chart below explains when you can renew your passport renewal and address change online:
Time for renewal of Passport
You can renew your passport before it expires after 1 year.
Child below the age of 4 Years
|Can request for re-issue when the validity period of 5 years expires or until they reach the age of 18 (whichever comes first). Minors between the ages of 15 and 18 can also apply for a passport with a 10-year validity period.|
These are the two conditions under which you can do passport renewal and change of address.
I hope all the information about the passport renewal and address change online and passport renewal with address change is clear. But still if you have any query regarding that you can mention that in the comment box.