Add surname in passport- Your name is critical information in passport. If you want to change your middle name or surname, you must go to the Passport Seva Kendra or the official website. In this article, I will go into greater detail about how to change surname on passport? How to fix surname problems in passport India and how to add surname in Indian passport
Your passports are one of the most crucial papers that you may have as passports are one of the most important forms of identification. You need a passport when travelling overseas. Passports are a legal document that every person needs. Changing information on a passport can be a lengthy process. People may now view and change their passports online, which is a blessing. Many individuals have been curious about how to change surname on passport? How to fix surname problems in passport India and how to add surname in Indian passport.
Let’s take a look at how to change surname in passport
How to change surname on passport online
If you want to fix surname problems in passport India then you must apply for a reissue. Here are the procedures to how to change surname on passport.
- Visit Passport Seva‘s official website and choose the ‘Register Now’ option.
- Select the ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport’ option after logging in with your registered ID.
- Complete the application form with all necessary information.
- To pay and arrange an appointment, click the link that appears on your screen. In addition, you must pay a fee to make an appointment at your local Regional Passport Office (RPO) or Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
- Choose ‘Print Application Receipt’ to print a challan with your application reference number or ARN on it. After submitting a successful application, go to the closest passport office with your original papers on the designated day for verification.
- Alternatively, you can fill out an e-form by downloading it. After that, choose ‘Validate’ and save the file. Then follow the instructions to submit this XML file to schedule an appointment with the passport office.
Now here is how to add surname in Indian passport offline
How to add surname in Indian passport offline
Let’s see how to add surname in Indian passport offline. According to the Passport Seva Service, to change the surname on a passport, the individual must apply for a “Reissue” of the passport and have the desired modification made in the personal particulars. Please see the “Papers Required” link on the Home page for a complete list of documents that must be submitted with the application form. Check out these instructions to know how to change surname on passport.
- Users must first register on the Passport Seva Portal to apply for a new or reissued passport through e-Form Submission.
- Download the e-Form to apply for a new passport or a reissue.
- Fill out the e-Form you downloaded and click the Validate & Save button. It will create an XML file to upload to the system later.
- Using the Upload e-Form, upload the XML file. At this point, you should not submit the PDF form since the system only accepts XML files.
- To arrange an appointment at Passport Seva Kendra, select the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” tab after downloading the paperwork for a new or reissued passport (PSK).
- Select your PSK from the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) locations list.
- You may pay online using a Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard & Visa), Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) and Associate Banks Only), or SBI Bank Challan after making an appointment at a specified PSK.
- The charge for passport services may be using the Online Fee Calculator.
Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) where an appointment has been made, along with original papers such as Proof of Date of Birth, Identity Proof with Photograph, Proof of Residence, and Proof of Nationality- External website that opens in a new window.
Passport Middle Surname Change
If you want to change or add surname in passport or middle name, go to the Passport Seva Kendra or the official site, apply for a how-to change surname in passport.
Must supply the following papers depending on the cause for the name change:
- In that case, she must present a copy of her husband’s passport (if applicable), as well as an attested copy of the Marriage Certificate or supporting documentation such as a joint picture with a corresponding affidavit.
- If a divorced person wishes to alter their name, they must present a certified photocopy of the Decree of Divorce, as well as an affidavit or Deed Poll.
- A copy of the Divorce Decree or Death Certificate, as well as evidence of second marriage, must be submitted if the applicant desires to alter remarriage.
- If none of the following applies, an affidavit or Deed Poll must be filed, coupled with an original name change notice in two daily newspapers.
- After a few days, the applicant will get the revised passport.
Procedure: Add Surname in Passport in India
- In the Central Gazette, change the name: Must produce a name change affidavit to complete the first stage, including the applicant’s old and new characters, the cause for the name change, and the address. The new name will be published in the Gazette after the procedure is complete and must keep copies for future reference.
- Publish classified advertising in newspapers: Ideally, two newspapers in English and one from the individual native language must run advertising.
- Request a passport reissue from the Regional Passport Service Center: The application may be submitted online or in-person at the centre. Visit the Passport Seva website and fill out Form No. II for Miscellaneous Services to complete it online.
Now you know how to change surname on passport online and how to add surname in Indian passport offline. Now let’s take a look at what documents you will need to add surname in passport
Documents to add surname in passport
The following documents to add surname in passport:
Depending on the cause of the passport surname change, different papers may be necessary:
- Original passport
- Self-attested documents are needed
For various reasons, they changed the surname
If a person wishes to change or add surname in passport due to surname problems in passport India and none of those mentioned criteria applies, at least two copies of the gazette announcement or newspaper advertising announcing the new surname.
Documents for how to add surname in the Indian passport for another country
The following documents are required to add surname in passport who is from another country:
- The marriage certificate from a foreign government by the Indian Mission/Post in the government’s Embassy in India.
- Passport reissue: After the police have concluded their verification, they will reissue the passport.
Here I will conclude how to change surname on passport online? How to fix surname problems in passport India and how to add surname in Indian passport offline.
Fees to update surname problems in Passport India
As previously stated, a name or address change entails fees, which they shall now detail. Here are the fees to update surname problems in Passport India or to add surname in passport.
The application fee for a reissued passport with a 10-year validity (including an extra booklet due to visa page depletion) is RS. 2000 (for 60 pages) and Rs.1500 (for 36 pages). In tatkal services, you have to pay an additional Rs. 2000.
Furthermore, children must pay a re-issuance charge of Rs. 1000 (for 36 pages) and an extra tatkal fee of Rs. 2000 for a passport with 5-year validity.
That concludes our discussion of how to add surname to a passport. Now, I’ll wrap up the topic of how to change surname on passport? How to fix surname problems in passport India and how to add surname in Indian passport