In this article, we will take a look at how to renew driving license, Form for Driving Licence Renewal, and Documents Required for Renewal of Driving Licence or the lists of required documents for driving license renewal.
In India, the Automobile Act of 1988 and the Central Automobile Regulations of 1989 require that you carry your driver’s license with you whenever you use a car. Also, your driver’s license is valid for 20 years or until your 50th birthday, whichever comes first. Driving without a license is a crime, so it is important to renew your license as soon as possible.
Read below for more information on how to renew driving license, the required form for driving licence renewal, and documents required for renewal of driving licence.
Form for driving licence renewal
The first thing you may need to do is get a form for driving licence renewal. You can download the form for driving licence renewal by visiting the website (parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/) of the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways belonging to the Government of India.
The form is also available at your nearby RTO. Under Online Services on the website, there is a menu that leads to driver’s license-related services. You can select the state from where you need the service, and choose your nearest RTO.
Then, you would need to use the menu under driving license, where there`s a section for services on the driving license which includes renewal and duplicate, among others. Go to the Application Services section where you can download the driver’s license renewal form.
You will need to provide your driver’s license number and other details. Or,
I will wrap up the topic of form for driving licence renewal. In addition, we’ll look at what documents required for driving licence renewal online or the lists of required documents for driving license renewal. Also, how to renew driving license?
Documents Required for Renewal of Driving Licence
Are you wondering if you need the necessary documents required for renewal of driving licence? If you apply for renewal online, you will need to enter details such as your Aadhaar number and mobile number. You must have the following documents:
Required documents for driving license renewal
This is one of the required documents for driving license renewal. A form that you can download from the RTO website or contact your nearest RTO. You will need a medical certificate from a certified doctor to show that you are suitable for driving.
The fact that you already have a DL and are only applying for extensions does not mean that you can work around this document. This is to make sure you are medically suitable for driving at this point.
An expired driver’s license is one of the most required documents for driving license renewal online. Now get the basic details before you start the update process.
One of the most important documents required for renewal of driving licence is age proof. Age is an important consideration when obtaining a license, so you may need to present an Aadhaar card that serves as valid proof.
Proof of Address:
Proof of whereabouts is required to apply for an extension of your driver’s license. A passport or Aadhaar card, grocery card, voter ID card, or electricity bill issued in your name can be used as proof of address.
You can also view home documents, rental c. contracts, utility bills, and LPG invoices. You can also check with your local RTO for what is acceptable.
No objection certificate:
If you are planning to shift to another state within India, you would need to get a NOC from the RTO which issued your driving license originally. This can also be done online by visiting the Paravahan website, which will guide you in publishing the NOC as a DL service.
Before that, you may have to enter your present address which is your permanent one. The NOC will be sent to your home RTO and from there you have to get it.
You will need to provide a photo of your passport along with other documents required for driving licence renewal online and apply for renewal. When all required documents for driving license renewal are ready, you can upload them online from the parivahan website or bring them to your local RTO.
Be sure to provide genuine information and fill out the form carefully so that you can save a lot of time and effort and complete the process at once. After reviewing the documents and forms, the RTO will issue a renewed license. Driver’s license renewal fees apply and may vary from state to state or over time.
That’s all about the form for driving licence renewal and documents required for renewal of driving licence.I have mentioned lists of all the required documents for driving license renewal.
How to renew driving license online
As you know the required documents for driving license renewal. Now, let’s talk about how to renew driving license step by step:
- Go to the website of the Ministry of Road Transport of India.
- Select the Driver’s License tab on the home page, then select Driver’s License. Benefits-Update / Duplicate / AEDL / Other “.
- A page with instructions on how to apply will be displayed.
- After reading the steps, click Next.
- Please note that you need to select an RTO based on your current address. You are eligible for a NOC (No Objection Certificate) only if the RTO you apply for matches validated your current license.
- Click Next to display the application form. Enter the required details:
- Driving License Number Date of Birth
- Category of the Driving License Holder (this is not mandatory and applies only to ex-servicemen, refugees, diplomats, repatriates, foreigners and physically challenged)
- You need to type the state to which the application must be submitted.
- Also, the RTO office for your residence address. Enter the Pin code of your home. Automatically the application will choose the correct RTO for your address.
- Once you have entered all the details, click on Proceed.
- You will be directed to the corresponding state`s website.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Upload the necessary documents and pay the renewal fees.
- Once you have paid the renewal fees, the system generates an acknowledgement receipt.
- If the online application process completes successfully, you will see a success message on the screen. that’s it.
- The process is complete and your renewed driver’s license will be sent to your address via India Post.
- Online renewal of a driver’s license is very easy and the entire process can be completed within minutes without third-party intervention.
That’s everything you need to know about the documents required for renewal of driving licence. Form for driving licence renewal and how to renew driving license online.
You now know what documents required for driving licence renewal online. As well as the procedure to renew a driving license. If you found this article useful, please share it with your friends and leave a comment.