A medical certificate for driving license is one of the key requirements to apply for driving licence. For application process medical fitness certificate for driving licence should be submitted with other documents. So, a medical fitness certificate for driving licence is what you should have to get permission to get a driving licence.
So, if you are keen to drive on Indian roads, you essentially need a driving license and, for that, you need a medical certificate.
Now, you may wonder why a medical certificate is essential?
Significance of Medical Fitness Certificate
Nowadays, having a medical certificate for driving licence is quite important. According to Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, everyone who wishes to drive in India should have a medical certificate for driving license. The medical fitness certificate for driving licence assures that the applicant is physically and mentally fit to drive.
Who needs a Medical Fitness Certificate Driving Licence?
One requires a medical fitness certificate for learning license as well as a permanent driving licence. So, you can fill out the necessary medical form for driving license.
If you’re below 40 years of age, you need to fill out Form-1. However, those above 40 have to fill out both Form-1 and Form 1-A. Let’s first understand which form is the one for a medical certificate driving licence.
Form1 Vs Form1-A: What’s the Difference?
There are two types of medical form for driving licence you require to apply for a driving license in India.
Form 1 is an Application-cum-Declaration as to Physical Fitness. It is a self-declaration medical form for driving licence.
Every driving license applicant needs to fill and submit this form with other required documents with the driving licence application.
Form 1-A is a Medical form for Driving License that all applicants of 40 years of age or above need to submit with the other documents. It is to be filled and attested by a gazetted government hospital doctor or CMO. It also comprises of medical fitness certificate for driving licence.
How can You Apply for Medical Certificate for Driving Licence?
You have to issue a medical certificate driving licence from a registered medical practitioner. All you need to do is take the required form ( Form1-A) to the doctor and s/he will fill it out after verifying your medical details through a thorough assessment.
Application for Medical Certificate for Driving Licence
You can obtain a medical form for driving license from your district RTO or online.
Here’s the step-by-step procedure to download a medical fitness certificate for driving licence online.
- Firstly, visit parivahan.gov and select Online Services to click on Driving License Related Services.
- Then, select your state of residence from the drop-down list.
- Third, select the Others menu from the top blue bar and click on Print Application Forms.
- Finally, enter your driving license application number and date of birth to download Form-1A and Form 1. If you are below 40 years of age, only download Form 1.
- Now, fill Form 1 and either upload it on the parivahan.gov website or keep it for the RTO submission.
- Then, get the Form 1-A attested from the registered government doctor or CMO.
- Herein, the doctor will put a seal on your medical certificate for driving license. Moreover, the doctor will also do your complete body check-up to ensure all details in the form are correct.
- Finally, collect the form and submit the medical fitness certificate for driving licence with the other documents for driving licence in your district RTO. If you’re applying online, you can also upload it.
Medical Form for Driving Licence without Application Number
Final Thought: Medical fitness certificate for driving licence
A medical certificate for learning license and a permanent license is the same. The sole purpose of the document is to ensure you are physically and mentally fit to drive a vehicle as per the set guidelines. So, it is necessary to apply for a medical certificate for driving license to drive in public. Moreover, it is also an easy and simple procedure.
We hope that our blog will help you to obtain your medical certificate driving licence. You also require a medical certificate for learning license so make sure if you are a beginner, don’t forget to get your medical certificate for learning license application so as to not face a hefty penalty. After all, it sets the path for driving freely on public roads and enjoying the art of driving.