Traffic rules have been made in order to formulate the safety for drivers on roads. It is advised to check your challan status regularly. In today’s world, everything is done online, so it’s a lot easier. If you want to know how to check e chalan just by following some simple steps. In this article, you will learn how to check chalan online on vehicles step by step. Firstly, let’s discuss what is the difference between challan & e-challan and then how to check online chalan.
What is a chalan?
A chalan is a document issued to a motor vehicle driver on violating the traffic rules and regulations. If a traffic challan is issued under your name, you are liable to pay the fee depending on the offence committed as per the Motor Vehicles act, 1988. Road accidents are caused in India as traffic rules are not being followed. Also, many people die due to road accidents. Hence, to ensure that a driver does not break any rule and also to ensure the safety of other drivers on the road, the traffic challan has come into being. The traffic police are given the right to stop and issue a challan to a driver who is not following the traffic rules while driving.
Let’s look at what an e chalan is before we look at how to check chalan online or how to check e chalan.
What is an e-chalan?
Presently, the concept of E-Challan has come into existence. An e-challan is an electronically generated document that is issued with the help of the Electronic Challan System. E chalan has been introduced in October 2013. This chalan has negated the bribing process and has eliminated the use of cash transactions.
E-challan is an initiative provided by the Government of India with an aim to improve its services and ensure transparency. Traffic police are given swiping machines that enable them to generate a challan on the spot when they catch hold of a traffic violator. This concept has made the challan paying process easier as the fine is collected on the spot. The violator is then issued a formal print stating the payment of the fine received. E chalan is a novel concept that allows you to check your chalan online. Continue reading to learn how to check chalan online. (how to check e chalan)
The use of CCTV Cameras
-The Motor Vehicles Department of many states and cities have enabled the MTP CCTV Challan system with the help of CCTV cameras. CCTV cameras are displayed on the roads that continuously record the footage of the ongoing traffic. This concept has removed the bribing process in all ways. The detail of the traffic violator such as name, address, contact details and model name is obtained from the RTO.
How to check chalan online on the vehicle?
If you think that you have violated a traffic rule and you want to know how to check chalan online, here is the step guide for you.
Here is how to check online chalan , follow these simple steps:
- Visit the e-chalan website https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/index/accusedchallan
- Enter your e-challan details. You can do this either by providing your challan number, your vehicle registration number, or your DL number.
- If you wish to enter the vehicle number, you need to enter the engine number along with that.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Once you provide your e-challan. The details and challan status would be displayed on your screen.
How to pay E-Chalan?
You have learned how to check e chalan status(how to check online chalan ). Now, the next step is to pay for an e-chalan. You can pay the e-chalan in both ways (online and offline). You can pay the e-chalan in offline mode by going to a nearby traffic police station. After paying, keep the traffic violation letter with you when you visit the traffic police station.
How to pay E-Chalan in online mode?
You now know how to check chalan online (how to check online chalan ). Let’s take a look at how to pay for a chalan online.
There are multiple ways to pay e-chalan online.
- Payment through parivahan E-challan website
- Visit the E-challan parivahan page and click on the “check online services” on the left-hand top of the page.
- Select the “check challan” status option from the drop-down list.
- Enter the Challan Number or vehicle number or DL number.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Click on the “Get details” button.
- Once the status is displayed, click the “Pay Now” option.
- Choose your desired payment method and finish paying.
2. Payment through State Transport Department Websites
- Visit the official website of your state transport department
- Click the e-challan option under the services section
- Enter your vehicle number or the challan number on the new page that opens
- Choose your desired payment method and finish paying
Conclusion: Keeping in mind all the rules and regulations will make sure you would have a hassle-free and seamless driving experience. In case you are found guilty of a violation, be sure to pay the fine as soon as possible. If you ignore the fine, then traffic police come to the address mentioned in RTO and collect the fine. Traffic rules are made in order to ensure your as well as the safety of other commuters. This is why it is mandatory by law to possess certain documents while driving such as a driving licence, registration certificate (RC), pollution clearance certificate, and motor insurance.
That’s all about the topic how to check chalan online/ how to check e chalan. If you have any queries regarding how to check online chalan please ask in comment section.