In this article, we will talk about how to change address in passport application form after submission as well as the passport address change procedure.
If you still have your old address on your passport, you must update it with your new address. To change the address of your access, you must apply for a reissue. You will receive a new passport with a unique number and an updated address as a result of this procedure.
The passport address change procedure could be done online through the Passport Seva website. It enables you to apply for a new passport based on your new address. Follow the steps outlined below if you’ve moved to a new address or intend to change your current address. When you apply for a reissue of your passport, you will be given a unique number that will be registered for your new address.
Without further ado let’s begin with how to change address in passport application form after submission.
How to change address in passport application form after submission
Here is how to change address in the passport application form after submission. There are two ways to change the information on the passport form.
(1) To change address in the passport application form after submission, make an appointment for a time that is convenient for you. When you visit the PSK you’ve already chosen, you can ask the staff to update the information there.
(2) You can leave the existing passport form that has been filed. You can fill new form by clicking on the “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport” link. Fill out this new form carefully and without error, then use it to schedule an appointment for further passport address change procedure. After 90 days, your previously submitted passport form will be cancelled.
Passport address change procedure
Before you begin the passport address change procedure, bear in mind that you will need to bring a few documents with you when you visit your Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
The list of required documents is on the Passport Seva webpage. Must also pay a charge to apply for a reissue of the passport. It varies depending on the applicant’s age and the cause for the reissue, among other factors.
By visiting the Passport Seva page, you may determine the precise amount of cost you must pay.
- Click the New User Registration link on the Passport Seva site.
- Enter your information carefully and choose a passport office that you can visit.
- After typing the CAPTCHA characters, click the Register button.
- Now, use your registered login ID to access the Passport Seva site.
- Choose the Apply for a New Passport/ Passport Reissue option from the Applicant Home homepage.
- Choose the second option from the drop-down menu that says, “Click here to fill out the application form online.”
- Now fill the blanks with information like the kind of application and passport booklet you want.
- Then press the Next button.
- Select View Saved/Submitted Applications from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Pay and Schedule Appointment page to pay your re-issuance fee and arrange your appointment.
- Make a payment over the internet. May use it to accept payments by Internet banking, credit or debit card, or both. If you don’t have access to the internet, you may utilize the Challan Payment option.
- Now press the Next key.
- You must now choose a PSK site before printing the application receipt.
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). An appointment has been made, along with original papers such as Proof of Birthdate, Proof Of identity with Photographs, Proof of Residency, and proof of Nationality- These procedures will walk customers through the time-consuming process of changing their passport address online.
After receiving the receipt, go to the Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office, where your appointment is. Bring your original papers and the application receipt with you. You don’t need to bring the actual application receipt to produce the SMS message you got on your phone after making the appointment online.
That’s all about passport address change procedure and how to change address in passport application form after submission. Let’s see what are documents you will require.
Documents necessary for a passport address change:
In order to follow the passport address change procedure, you will need to submit some documents.
To change address in the passport application form after submission you must have an authentic passport with a previous address
Aadhaar card, water bill, electricity bill, or phone bills, voter ID card, proof of gas connection, Income Tax command, spouse passport number (first and last page including household details), photo passbook of able to run a bank account, and so on are examples of current address proof.
- A duplicate of the online application
- A self-attested copy of the passport’s first and final pages
- Copy of something like the ECR/Non-ECR page that has been self-attested
- A self-attested copy is on the validity renewal page in the case of access with a limited validity period.
- Certificate of Marriage (original and a photocopy)
- a photocopy of their spouse’s passport that has been self-attested
- Proof of current residence
- An old passport containing a photocopy of the first and final two pages has been self-attested. Should also include the ECR/Non-ECR page.
- The previous passport should include a validity extension page and, if applicable, an observation page
Now that we know the passport address change procedure and documents. Let’s move on to how to change address in passport application form after submission
How to Fill a Passport Application
In the previous section, we discussed how to change address in passport application form after submission, as well as the passport address change procedure. In this section, we’ll look at how to prevent making mistakes.
Because the passport forms are computer (by ICR scanners), incomplete records will not be adequately read and rejected. They will use the form to generate the information included in your passport.
As a result, it’s critical to provide clear and accurate information. It is also illegal to provide false or incomplete information or withhold any required information.
How to Fill Out a Passport Form Offline?
- Fill out the form in capital letters, with one letter in each box.
- Avoid using fancy typefaces and stick to ordinary ones.
- Only use a blue or black ballpoint pen, not an ink pen.
- Mark the boxes where you must choose one or more possibilities as your response and leave another option(s) blank with a cross.
- While writing, stay away from the box’s edges.
- After you’ve finished writing each word, leave one box vacant.
- Outside the box, don’t write anything.
- Don’t overwrite anything. If you make a mistake, scratch out the character and continue writing in the following area.
- Fill in just the information that is requested, leaving the rest blank. If a field doesn’t apply to you, don’t scratch it out or mark it as ‘NA.’
- Do not fold, smear, or dirty the form.
Follow these simple procedures to prevent making mistakes and to avoid situations like how to change address in passport application form after submission.
Requirements for Passport Photographs
Do not picture if the form is at a PSK or a mini-PSK. If the condition is at another centre, DPC, SPC, or CSC, you must paste a photograph with the dimensions and details listed below.
- Don’t sign over an unsigned photograph once.
- Should paste only one image, and it must fit in the available area, neither larger nor smaller.
- The most recent colour photograph, printed in one constant tone
- Candidate’s frontal View, with both ears and cranial edges noticeable, eyes open, and a neutral facial expression.
- The background is white, and the outfit/dress is dark (uniforms not permitted)
- must print a photo on good quality paper; computer prints; damaged or torn photographs are not allowed.
Sign in the area given under the passport. In the event of minor applicants, they will accept just the child’s signature/thumb imprint. Parents/guardians should not sign on behalf of minors under the picture. Ensure that your signature/thumb impression; ensure it is well within the box.
- Photographs cut out of a group shot will not be accepted.
- Hair should not cover the eyes of the candidate.
- Only religious reasons allow for the wearing of a head covering.
- Will not acknowledge photographs of the candidate’s face or backstory with disorientating shadows.
- Tilting the head side to side upward or downward can avoid glares on eyeglasses.
Can I change the information on a completed passport application form?
You are unable to edit it online once you have paid. Visit the passport office on the scheduled day, and a token will be given to you at the reception desk. You will then be directed to counter where your biometrics will be taken. Ask him to correct any entries, and he will make the necessary changes.
Here I will conclude the topic of how to change address in passport application form after submission as well as passport address change procedure.