The birth of a child is one of the most beautiful things globally, and it is essential to register it as it will be the official testimony of the beginning of a new life. The document which records the birth is called a birth certificate. But what if your parents or guardians failed to register your birth for some reason? There you will need a Non Availability Of Birth Certificate (NABC). If you are wondering about the procedure of the NABC certificate, don’t worry. I have covered it below.
Non Availability of Birth Certificate
Non availability of Birth Certificate (NABC) is a legal official document that assures the registration of unregistered birth. Non Availability Certificate is basically issued in case your birth certificate is not registered or you have lost your proof of birth or drowned and damaged.
This is the official statement that there is no birth certificate for any particular individual.
Authorities who issue NABC
- In urban areas: The local authority where a person was born is responsible for issuing the non availability of birth certificate of that birth.
- In rural areas: Health workers present in each village are authorized to issue certificates. The Taluke is also authorized to issue this certificate. And that person can also go to the Gram Panchayat office in his village and get a certificate there. India can issue NABC certificates.
What is the need for Non Availability Certificate?
If your birth is not registered and you don’t have a Non availability certificate, you will face many problems-
- As per the registration of the births and death act 1969, it is mandatory to register every birth in the country with the concerned state government within 21 days of delivery.
- Without a birth certificate, you will be unable to apply for most official schemes or make any legal documents like passports, OCI, visa, pan-card, etc.
- The birth certificate will be required as a supporting document for authorizing you as a citizen of your country.
But if you have an NABC certificate, it will work as your birth certificate.
Documents required for obtaining NABC
You need the following documents in order to get NABC
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card (not mandatory)
- Voter ID Card
- Ration Card
- Educational record
Now for date of birth proof, you will need the following documents for non availability of birth certificate.
- Nursing home/Hospital Report/Vaccination card
- Certificate from School signed by the Headmaster
- Duly filled application Form 10 with an affidavit drafted on stamp paper worth rupees 20 or more.
How to apply for Non-Availability of Birth Certificate online
The online procedure for applying for the Non Availability of a Birth Certificate is relatively easy.
Just follow these steps
- First, find your state MC official website and register yourself on the website.
- After registration login to your account, find the option to download forms, and download the form titled “Issuance of delayed birth order”, it will look like this – [ sample preview of the form]
Fill the form with the correct information to get non availability certificate.
- Now scan the required documents and upload them when asked.
- After submitting the documents, a page will open with option of online payment. Pay the required fee and print the e-receipt.
- You will also get a reference number. Note it, you can check your application status via that number
After all that, your application and documents will be verified and approved by the concerned authority. Your Non-Availability of Birth Certificate (NABC) will be delivered to you by post. It can take one week to 1 month or more, so keep patience.
How to apply for NABC offline
In order to get the non-availability of the birth certificate or NABC offline you have to follow these steps
- To get non availability of birth certificate offline visit your State Municipal main office.
- Take a form 10 from the counter and fill it
- Submit the form with the required documents, go to the payment counter, and pay the issuing officer’s required fees.
- Now the concerned authorities will verify your application and documents’ details, and after their approval, the process will go further. If they need any clarification, they will communicate with you.
- After all the process is done, they will notify you to collect your non-availability of birth certificate
Processing fees for NABC
The government does not charge a fee for a non availability of birth certificate if it is issued within 21 days of birth. This implies that the first original copy of it is completely free.
But the NABC release was successful. Its cost may vary by state government standards. Payment by draft or cash. If it is an online application, the online payment option is open to the registered member.
I hope this article helped you. If you liked it, please share, and don’t forget to comment if you need any help. Bye-bye! Have a nice day.