Wondering how to check pan card status by name and date of birth? You have landed at right article. In addition to how to check your pan card status by name and date of birth, we will discuss other methods of tracking your pan card. If you want to find out all the details, keep reading this article.
The PAN Card is a unique legal document provided by India’s income tax agency. The card can be used for a variety of purposes and serves as a confirmation of identity. PAN (permanent account number) is a ten-digit alphanumeric code that is unique to each individual.
Every Indian citizen must have a PAN card, which is connected to all other cards (Aadhaar cards) for easier transactions. Any financial transaction, such as filing an income tax return, buying mutual funds, applying for loans, and so on, requires the card. Each resident is only allowed to have one PAN card. This aids in the prevention of unlawful activities such as the circulation of black money and the use of forged PAN cards.
How to check the Status of Pan Card
You can check the status of your pan card in various ways
- Pan card status by name and date of birth
- Status of my PAN card on the NSDL website
- Using the PAN Card Number
- With your Aadhaar number
- By making a phone call
- By sending an SMS
Pan card status by name and date of birth
PAN cardholders can use the procedures below to track their pan card status by name and date of birth:
- Go to https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/ home to access the income tax department’s e-filing website.
- On the homepage, click the “Quick links” option and then the “know your PAN” tab.
- Fill in your information, including your first name, middle name, surname, gender, date of birth, status, and phone number.
- An OTP number will be sent to the registered mobile number associated with the PAN card by the portal.
- Verify your OTP by clicking the validate button.
- Finally, type in your father’s name to track pan card status by name and date of birth.
- Double-check the information before clicking the submit button.
- The PAN card number and all relevant information will be displayed on the screen by the system.
By following the procedure you can track Pan card status by name and date of birth
How do you check the status of my PAN card on the NSDL website?
Besides the tracking a Pan card status by name and date of birth, there are a few more ways to do so
The Protean eGov Technologies Limited website can be used to check PAN status by selecting the application type and entering the acknowledgment number. It can also be tracked on the UTI website using an application coupon number or a PAN number.
Following the steps below, an individual can track the status of a PAN card application online using the acknowledgment number:
- Step 1: Go to the website of Protean eGov Technologies Limited.
- Step 2: Click on ‘PAN- New/Change Request’ after selecting your ‘Application Type.’
- Step 3: Enter the acknowledgement number.
- Step 4: Please enter the code to verify the status.
- Step 5: Select ‘Submit’ from the drop-down menu.
How to check your PAN card status with your Aadhaar number?
Aside from tracking a pan card status by name and date of birth, there are options to track status via Aadhar number as well. Using your Aadhaar number, you can check the status of your PAN card. To do so, follow the steps outlined below:
- Step 1: Go to https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/, the Income Tax Department’s (ITD) official website for income tax e-filing.
- Step 2: On the home page, go to the ‘Quick Links’ menu listing and select ‘Instant PAN through Aadhaar.’
- Step 3: You will be taken to a new page where you must click the ‘Check Status / Download PAN’ option.
- Step 4: On the next page, enter your Aadhaar number in the appropriate space.
- Step 5: Click the ‘Submit’ button after entering the Captcha code.
- Step 6: Verify your login with the one-time password (OTP) supplied to your registered mobile phone number.
- Step 7: On the next page, you’ll be able to check the status of your PAN card. You will be able to download the e-PAN to your device once it is ready.
Track Status of a PAN Card Using the PAN Card Number
You know how to track pan card status by name and date of birth. Other than this method the status of PAN card details can be found/searched using the PAN card number as well.
- Go to https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/ home on the official income tax department website.
- Click the “register yourself” tab on the home screen, then enter your PAN number.
- Fill in all of the required information, double-check it, and then click Submit.
- The portal will send you an email with a link that you must click to activate your account.
- Select “My Account” from the drop-down menu, then “profile setting,” then “PAN details.”
- The page will display all of the PAN card information, including names, addresses, area codes, jurisdiction, and so on.
Other Ways to Check the Status of a PAN Card
In addition to tracking your pan card status by name and date of birth, there are various ways to do so. The Income Tax Department usually issues a 10-digit alphanumeric Permanent Account Number within 15 working days after an applicant files for one.
As a result, after the application is submitted, the department provides the applicant with a 15-digit acknowledgment number. The applicant can use the number to track the status of his or her PAN application.
Applicants can follow the status of their PAN application by using the methods listed below, in addition to visiting the official websites of Protean eGov Technologies Limited and UTIITSL.
* Option to make a phone call
* Option to send an SMS
Make a phone call to check on the status of your PAN Card application.
The applicant must call the TIN call centre at 020-27218080 between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. By presenting the call centre representative with the 15-digit acknowledgement number, the status of the application can be determined. It’s worth noting that an applicant can check the status of their PAN card application via IVR (Interactive Voice Response) between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. after call centre hours.
SMS can be used to track the status of your PAN Card application.
The applicant must text ‘NSDLPAN’ to 57575, followed by the 15-digit acknowledgement number they received once the application was properly submitted. The current status of the application is then sent to the mobile number provided in the application form.
So these are some of the ways along with the procedure to track your pan card status by name and date of birth.
PAN Card Advantages
- The card serves as an identity proof document;
- it aids in the prevention of black money transactions;
- it aids in the hiring process;
- it is used for all financial activities, including post office deposits, foreign exchange, and stock trading.
- It aids in the payment of insurance rates if you are purchasing property or a vehicle.
FAQs: Pan card status by name and date of birth
The status of my PAN card application is ‘deleted.’ What should you do?
When monitoring the progress of a PAN card application, if such notice appears, it is best to contact the department’s officials as soon as possible.
How long do I have to wait to check the status of my PAN card?
After 24 hours of applying, you should be able to follow the status of your PAN card request. Due to unforeseeable situations, the number of days can change.
‘Application is inward,’ says the Pan Card status. What does this condition imply?
If you have track the pan card status by name and date of birth or by other ways then The message informs you that the department has received and is processing your application.
My PAN card application is being withheld from processing due to incomplete details/documentary verification, according to my PAN card status. What am I supposed to do now?
The best course of action is to contact the officials as soon as possible. This will assist in resolving the issue within the stated time frame and save you from having to reapply for your PAN card.
That’s all about pan card status by name and date of birth