Are you looking for information on how to apply for a PAN card?
In this article, we will discuss the PAN card eligibility age, as well as provide some additional information. We will also go over the Pan Card Application Process of Minors.
By the end of this article, you will know everything you need to know about applying for a PAN card.
So, what are you waiting for? Read on to learn more!
Pan card eligibility age
The first question that comes to your mind could be what is the Pan card eligibility age ? Are there any restrictions related to the same?
So, here is the answer. According to the section 160 of the Income Tax Act, all the children are allowed to apply for a PAN card because there is no restriction mentioned in the Act. Pan Card may also be obtained by the children under the age of five. They also serve as permanent identification evidence regardless of the name and residential changes.
Most of the people believe that a PAN card is only available to those who are above 18 years of age. However, it is just a myth. There is not specified age restriction for obtaining a Pan card. In the case of minors (who are under the age of 18), the parents have to apply for the Pan card on their behalf. The reason for this is that a Pan card issued to a minor lacks the minor’s photograph and signature that cannot be used as a form of identification. It is also important to note that there is no upper age limit for applying for a Pan card too.
I hope you understood the concept of pan card age eligibility. Now let’s take a look at who are eligible for a Pan card in India.
Eligibility age criteria for a pan card in India
As per the government of India, the people who are engaged in numerous transactions need to obtain a Pan card. So, they must know the eligibility criteria for the same. Here are some of the Indian citizens who can own Pan Card upon fulfilling certain requirements:
- Individuals:A person who belongs from India can apply for a pan card. He/she needs to submit some necessary documents like valid proof of date of birth, identity and address proof.
- Hindu Undivided Family (HUF): The members of HUF need to submit an application form for a Pan card to facilitate financial transactions. He/she has to submit the necessary documents which include proof of date of birth, identity and address. The head of the family applies for a Pan card on behalf of the family. Along with his personal details, he needs to submit his father’s name and the addresses of the HUF’s coparceners. Furthermore, the head of the family also needs to provide an affidavit mentioning all the details.
- Minors: As mentioned above, the parents or guardians of individuals below the age of 18 can also apply for a Pan card on their behalf. A permanent account numbers becomes important requirement for a minor in case he/she is a nominee for a property and their parents plan to make investments in their names. During the submission of the form, a minor’s parent or guardian has to submit their respective documents besides the child’s birth proof. Remember that a minor’s “Aadhar Card” also needs to be mentioned in the application form.
- Indian Citizens Residing Abroad: If the person is an Indian citizen who is residing outside of the country, he/she has to provide a copy of his/her back account statement in the present country they’re living as a address proof.
- Companies: The companies which needs a Pan card should get it registered with the Registrar of Companies and should provide a copy of their registration certificate.
- Partnership Firms/ Limited Liability Partnerships: The entities which needs a Pan card should get it registered with the relevant government authorities and should provide a copy of their registration certificate.
- Trusts: The registered trusts can apply for a Pan card. They need o submit a copy of their trust deed or registration certificate.
- Associations/ Local Authorities:
- Mentally Retarded Individuals: A mentally retarded person can apply for a Pan card too. Representatives of these individuals can apply on their behalf.
- Artificial judicial person: They can apply for a Pan card after furnishing their registration certificate or Government establishing identity and address.
If you fall under any of the above categories then use Form 49 A to proceed with the application.
As there is no age to apply for a Pan card, let’s discuss the Pan card Application process of Minors.
Pan Card Application Process of Minors
The parents need to follow the steps to register for the Aadhar card of their children.
The applicant needs to visit the official website of NSCL to apply for a Pan card online. The link is here.
Under the “Application Type”, click on “New PAN- Indian Citizen (Form 49)” option.
- Select the category of applicant from the drop box list.
- Fill all the required details correctly in the portal.
- After completing the personal details, provide demographic information such as the district, state, residence of the parents, locality, etc.
- Upload all the documents mentioned for the registration process. Note: The applicant have to affix two colour photographs of the child in the application form.
- After filling all the documents correctly, select the mode of payment as per your convenience. Pay the required fee.
- You will receive an acknowledgement number after the fees submission. This will help to track the application process.
After completion of the whole process , you will get child PAN card within 60 days of receiving the SMS.
So, this was all about the Pan Card age eligibility along with some additional information. I hope you liked this article. If you have any doubt, please mention in the comment section.
Q1: Who is eligible for PAN card?
A1: Anyone who is engaged in financial transactions in India is eligible for a PAN card. This includes individuals, companies, Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs), partnerships, trusts, and other entities.
Q2: Can a student have PAN card?
A2: Yes, a student can have a PAN card. There is no age limit for applying for a PAN card.
Q3: Who is not eligible for PAN?
A3: There is no one who is specifically not eligible for a PAN card. However, there are some restrictions on who can use a PAN card. For example, a minor cannot use a PAN card to open a bank account or invest in mutual funds.
Q4: What documents are required for PAN card?
A4: To apply for a PAN card, you will need to provide a valid proof of identity, such as a passport, driving license, or Aadhar card, a valid proof of address, such as a utility bill or voter ID card, and two passport-sized photographs.
Q5: Can I open bank account without PAN card?
A5: Yes, you can open a bank account without a PAN card. However, you will be required to provide a PAN card within six months of opening the account.
Q6: What is the minimum amount for PAN card?
A6: There is no minimum amount required for a PAN card. The application fee is ₹93 + GST as applicable.