You must be thinking how to know virtual id of Aadhar Card? How to generate it online? Why do we need it? What are the features of Virtual ID of Aadhar Card? And many more questions, right?
Don’t worry this article will help to solve your queries related to how to know the virtual ID of Aadhar card. It is surely recommended to read this article till the end. The steps are described in very easy and simple language.
So, let’s start the topic
How to Know Virtual id of Aadhar Card?
In this section, we will find out how to generate the virtual ID of Aadhar Card?
Meaning of Virtual ID of Aadhar card?
A virtual ID is a 16- digit exchangeable number that is mapped to your Aadhar number. It is a circular issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
You must use a Virtual ID of aadhar card instead of the aadhar number (the reason for this is mentioned further in this article). It becomes almost impossible to track the aadhar number from the Virtual ID.
You can provide the Aadhar Virtual ID to get your e-KYC done at both private and government organisations. One more benefit of Virtual ID is that it can be used for Adhar card download from UIDAI’s online portal.
It is a temporary code consisting of 16 digits that are generated against an Aadhar number. It is important to note that only one virtual ID is generated against an Aadhar number. It can be generated as many times as an individual wants.
A new virtual ID cancels the previous one. The revocable code is valid for at least one day and can be changed with the change in date, i,e, 12:00 am. The next question in your mind might be how to generate it, right?
How to generate Virtual ID of Aadhar Card Online?
You can generate your virtual ID of Aadhar card online by just sitting at home. It is generated in order to use against the Aadhar number. You can generate your virtual ID by visiting the UIDAI’s official website.
However, it is important to note here that you should have the mobile number registered with the UIDAI to avail this service as the virtual ID will be sent on your number. If you haven’t registered your mobile number with UIDAI, your first step is to link the mobile number with Aadhar card.
The process for retrieving is very simple. It is same as that of the VID generation. To generate the virtual ID of Aadhar card online, you have to follow these basic steps:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of UIDAI. The link is https://uidai.gov.in/
- Step 2: Click on the “Virtual ID (VID) Generator” from the Aadhar Services section.
- Step 3: A new VID generation page will open up as https://goo.gl/vFQgic
- Step 4: Enter your 12 digit aadhar number and the security code.
- Step 5: Click on the “Send OTP” button. Wait for the OTP.
- Step 6: An OTP will be sent on your mobile number which is register with the UIDAI.
- Step 7: Enter the OTP and select the option “Generate VID” or “Retrieve VID”
- Step 8: Now click on the “Verify & Proceed”
- Step 9: You will receive a message like “Your VID has been sent to your Aadhar registered mobile number”.
- Step 10: Finally, you will get the message on you registered mobile number mentioning the 16-digit virtual ID for Aadhar number and the last 4 digits of Aadhar.
- Step 11: You can generate virtual IDs for other Aadhar numbers as well for your family or friends.
That’s all about how to know virtual id of Aadhar Card?
You found the steps easy right? By following these steps, you can easily get your Virtual ID generated online.
If you don’t want to use the online method, you can also generate the virtual ID of Aadhar car via mAadhaar.
How to generate virtual ID of Aadhar card via mAadhaar?
You can easily generate the virtual ID of Aadhar card using the mAadhaar app which is to be installed in your mobile phones. The steps to generate Virtual ID of aadhar card are as follows:
- Step 1: Log in to the mAadhaar app.
- Step 2: Click on the “Generate Virtua ID”.
- Step 3: Enter your Aadhar card number and the security captcha code.
- Step 4: Click on the “Request OTP” button.
- Step 5: Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and click on “Generate VID” to receive your VID.
You must be thinking why is Virtual ID of Aadhar card hold so much importance? What is the benefit to apply for this? Here is the reason given below.
What is the need of Virtual ID of Aadhar Card?
In today’s time, there are a number of cases where people have filed complaints against the aadhar data leakage. It has made a big cause of concern among the people about the safety of their Aadhar cards and the details mentioned in it.
UIDIA as looked after the concerns of the people and came up with the concept of Virtual ID. People exchange their Virtual IDs instead of Aadhar number. In this manner, the other people cannot retrieve the Aadhar number and the further authentication is carried out as usual.
Thus, in short, the details mentioned in the Aadhar card are kept confidential. There is no way of hacking the details of Aadhar card through Virtual ID.
Aadhar card holders can anytime generate their Virtual ID and use it to authenticate for a service. Once the authentication is complete, the user can regenerate his/ her virtual ID so that the details with the agency, if saved, are rendered useless.
So, this was all about how to know the Virtual ID of Aadhar card.
If you have any doubt, please mention in the comment section.