Do you want to apply for Udyog Aadhar registration? As an Aadhar number represents your own unique identity, in same way your business can now obtain a unique Udyog Aadhar Number assigned by the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises. this article we will discuss related terms and how to apply for Udyog Aadhar certificate along with Udyog Aadhar registration fees, Udyog aadhaar memorandum
Udyog Aadhar registration
This unique identification number known as Udyog Aadhar is given to Micro, Small, and Medium-Sized Businesses (MSMEs). However, the Udyog Aadhar has been changed to Udyam. The Udyam Registration Portal requires new MSMEs to register right away in order to receive an Udyam Certificate.
All currently operating businesses that are registered under Udyog Aadhar must re-register on the Udyam Registration website.
What is Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM)?
The Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum is a form developed by the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in response to the Kamath Committee’s recommendations. The MSME would be able to verify the existence of the business using this one-page registration form. It is a self-declaration document that lists the bank account information for the MSME, the owner’s Aadhaar information, and other relevant details.
MSME get a special identification number based on this form. The Udyog aadhar registration number is the name given to this special identification
What is the Udyog Aadhar and Udyog Aadhar Certificate?
Before applying for Udyog aadhar registration you have to take a look at the basic concepts that are related to Udyog Aadhar.
After MSMEs register with the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises, they will get a twelve-digit Unique Identification Number called an Udyog Aadhar. The Indian government has replaced Udyam for Udyog Aadhar at this time. The Udyam Registration platform allows any business that satisfies the MSME definition to receive Udyam Registration for their company.
To receive the Udyam Registration Certificate, the businesses with the Udyog Aadhar Certificate must now re-register on the Udyam Registration Portal. The Udyam Registration Certificate provides the distinct registration number of the business and is eligible to enjoy the government of India benefits offered to MSMEs.
Udyog Aadhar Registration fees
For Udyam Registration, businesses with Udyog Aadhar registration must re-register. transferring from Udyog Aadhar Registration to Udyam Registration is free of charge.
MSMEs can register entirely online through the Udaym Registration Portal. For any registrations using this portal, there is no fee. It is completely free.
Benefits of Udyog Aadhaar Registration
There are some benefits of Udyog aadhar registration, these are some listed points.
- After registering their MSME, applicants will be eligible for all government programmes such as an easy loan, a loan without a guarantee, loans with subsidised interest rates, and so on.
- The applicant will get financial assistance in order to show their goods at international expos.
- Additionally, the candidate will be qualified for state assistance.
- Registration would make it easier to open current bank accounts in the company’s name without any problem.
- Additionally, it would enable companies to apply for government microloans and other such advantageous programmes.
Documents Needed to Register for Udyog Aadhar
The following documents are needed for the Udyog aadhar registration process in order to receive an Udyog Aadhar for the business:
- The owner’s name and Aadhar number.
- Evidence supporting the OBC, SC, and ST social categories.
- The name of the company.
- The business’s previous registration information.
- The owner’s specific type of business.
- Current address and account information.
- National Industrial Classification Code.
- The total number of employees working for the company.
- The businessperson’s phone number and email address.
- The businessperson’s PAN number and total investment in the company.
How to apply for Udyog aadhar registration?
The Udyog aadhar registration form is available from the Ministry of MSME and can be completed online.
- In case of a partnership, the applicant must first go to the Udyog Aadhaar website and input the correct information for their Aadhaar number. For a company, the authorised signatory applicant’s Aadhaar number must be provided.
- The applicant would receive an OTP on the registered mobile number associated with the Aadhaar card after submitting the form. The applicant must input those OTP details and continue filling out the form.
- Filling out the Udyog Aadhaar form will require the applicant’s personal details. It should contain the following information: Aadhaar number, owner name (click on “validate Aadhar” to verify the owner’s identity), social category, gender, physical fitness, enterprise name, type of organisation, business commencement date, PAN number, business location, previous registration, bank account information, major area of business activity, NIC code, number of staff, investment in machinery or equipment, DIC, etc.
- After filling out all the required information, the applicant must review it again to look for any errors before clicking “Submit.”
- The applicant’s registered phone number, which needs to be entered, will receive an OTP.
- The applicant must then enter the code on the screen to complete the online registration.
Q1. Is it possible for an entrepreneur to register for more than one Udyog Aadhar number?
Ans. A business owner who has registered their Udyog Aadhar will need to mitigate their Udyam Registration. It is not necessary to submit applications for several Udyam Registrations for different businesses. One registration can specify or add any number of an entrepreneur’s operations, including both manufacturing and service activities.
Q2. Are Udaym Registration and Udyog Aadhar registration the same thing?
Ans. No. The Indian government implemented Udyog Aadhar in 2015 for the registration of MSMEs. In order to register new MSMEs, the government subsequently changed the MSME definition and unveiled the Udyam Registration platform in 2020. The government has announced that, in order for Udyog Aadhar Registrations to remain valid after 1 July 2020, all businesses must re-register using the Udayam Registration platform.